• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. Are Nel and Clair..... lovers??

User Info: Allen Tax

Allen Tax
11 years ago#11
long term screwed up emotions & taken to generations, bad lables, and simple...fear.

HAHAHA...........Bisexual
Sarah Palin is like a female Mike Huckabee."Not A good thing" Is A guy-like guys ONLY period!

User Info: negi_magician

negi_magician
11 years ago#12
Well, Nel does occasionally say "I did it Clair" when she levels up. So, they definitely are close. Then again, aren't they both members of the same unit?
This is my signature signature.

User Info: HiroyValesti

HiroyValesti
11 years ago#13
Clair is like the commander. She respects her position as much as Apis.
Star Ocean 3 BTS: 300/300

User Info: negi_magician

negi_magician
11 years ago#14
Clair is like the commander. She respects her position as much as Apris.

That's what I thought. So no, not lovers. Nel's just doing her best to make her commander proud.

Kind of like how in a lot of games, there's the archtype teen character who tries to be tough so the archetype battle-hardened hero in their party will respect them. Like Lloyd Irving and Kratos Aurion in Tales of Symphonia.
This is my signature signature.

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
11 years ago#15
Clair and Nel are explicitly stated to be close friends, with a sisterly relationship. Although initially, it does seem like they're lovers, I'd have to say that after beating the game a few times, I lean more towards them being close friends. There are a few hints scattered here and there, but most of them can easily be argued away or dismissed. Things like Adray noting that Clair never socializes with him (Aquaria has a high female population, and she's always busy with work), etc.

The endings, IMO, provide the more conclusive evidence that the two are not romantically connected, as do certain PAs.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
11 years ago#16
Nel and Clair are of the same rank, and the both of them answer only to the queen (they're the only two Crimson Blades known to be currently serving; I don't think Adray is a Crimson Blade anymore). Nel is in charge of the Secret Legion and Clair is in charge of the Shield Legion (I THINK that's what they were called); in matters such as troop movement Nel needs to defer to Clair. It's also the same reason why Clair couldn't just order Nel not to go to Kirsla. Tynave and Farleen work for Nel and not for Clair.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  3. Are Nel and Clair..... lovers??
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 64 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 399 Questions (399 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A