• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Funny way I quit WoW TBC-C

User Info: Voodoo_Voldo

Voodoo_Voldo
1 month ago#1
TL:DR ; i gave my friend my DST that the guild didn't want to have it and quit the game.

Paragraph: So my sub runs out on the 30th, last night was my last raid, and my good friend on the server (ret paladin) already stated that they were gonna move servers later in the week.. The guild didn't know I wasn't sticking around.. And the DST dropped on Gruul.. They loot counsel'd the people they wanted to roll on it, I won (Arms "buff" warrior) against the shamans and rogues.. Which is arguably a huge upgrade for a Warrior.. but I had no plans to keep going, and they effectively "loot blocked" my friend because why would they give loot to someone who isnt going to be there anymore?.. So after the raid I told them I was done and not re-upping my subscripton for VARIOUS reasons (not just the lawsuit dumpsterfire),and as they made a huge fuss over me getting the phase 1 hot ticket item (a few, actually, i also had Gorehowl, and some rare alchemy recipes) I traded the DST (never equipped) to the paladin and logged off for the last time. I did distribute a mass of haste potions and flasks of relentless assault among my favorite guildies tho. so thats a plus.
Gladiator's Resolve must live on!

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
1 month ago#2
Neat story I might read it again.
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
1 month ago#3
Voodoo_Voldo posted...
TL:DR ; i gave my friend my DST that the guild didn't want to have it and quit the game.

Paragraph: So my sub runs out on the 30th, last night was my last raid, and my good friend on the server (ret paladin) already stated that they were gonna move servers later in the week.. The guild didn't know I wasn't sticking around.. And the DST dropped on Gruul.. They loot counsel'd the people they wanted to roll on it, I won (Arms "buff" warrior) against the shamans and rogues.. Which is arguably a huge upgrade for a Warrior.. but I had no plans to keep going, and they effectively "loot blocked" my friend because why would they give loot to someone who isnt going to be there anymore?.. So after the raid I told them I was done and not re-upping my subscripton for VARIOUS reasons (not just the lawsuit dumpsterfire),and as they made a huge fuss over me getting the phase 1 hot ticket item (a few, actually, i also had Gorehowl, and some rare alchemy recipes) I traded the DST (never equipped) to the paladin and logged off for the last time. I did distribute a mass of haste potions and flasks of relentless assault among my favorite guildies tho. so thats a plus.
So you ninja'd from your guild and logged out. Who cares though. Maybe they'll quit too.

Voodoo_Voldo
1 month ago#4
I wouldnt call it a ninja. They could have left me out of the roll, and i gave it away

WoodenRook
1 month ago#5
Voodoo_Voldo posted...
I wouldnt call it a ninja. They could have left me out of the roll, and i gave it away
It's ninja'ing.

User Info: RedLotusX

RedLotusX
1 month ago#6
WoodenRook posted...
It's ninja'ing.

Ninja looters keep the item and leave and but this one gave it to another player in the guild who could actually use it, so its not completely ninja looting.

WoodenRook
1 month ago#7
RedLotusX posted...
Ninja looters keep the item and leave and but this one gave it to another player in the guild who could actually use it, so its not completely ninja looting.
I'm not going to argue the definition of ninja or semantics. It's a slang term and I feel it's appropriate. He did something that affected other people negatively to be a jerk and he came to gamefaqs to post it as funny.

And the person he gave it to is server transferring.

Guilds raid with statics so that loot getting passed out can help with future runs. If you don't intend to be in those future runs, don't put yourself out there for loot. And if that's not okay to be raiding when you can't get the loot, don't raid.
(edited 1 month ago)

Voodoo_Voldo
1 month ago#8
Meh. semantics. I Robin Hood'd it. :) /savorydeviatedelight

User Info: FatalImage

FatalImage
1 month ago#9
Am I crazy for thinking that the guild was in the right, not giving transfer guy the DST? I mean, he's taking the time to raid with you, I'm not saying you don't give him any loot, but something like the DST, that's a tough ask to just ship that item away to another server. So I don't know what the guild was doing wrong here. Like WoodenRook says, the idea of loot council is to make decisions that most benefit the guild.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Mortainous28

Mortainous28
1 month ago#10
TL:DR

TC seeking attention and validation for questionable actions.

I don't really care to be honest. Just feels tasteless to brag about it. I will say that loot blocking a raider out of loot is some bulls***. If the person is actively contributing, and you brought them along to fill a spot and help the guild, let them have a fair shot.
Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Funny way I quit WoW TBC-C
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A