• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. New player *question about expansion stories*

User Info: Smowy

Smowy
1 month ago#1
I've just read how they're proposing to segregate the expansions in shadowlands. As a player who doesn't have any 120's I would be forced into bfa without seeing any of the earlier expacs. I'm just wondering how spoilery bfa is and if i should rush a warlock or something to 120 now using dungeons and stuff so i can experience the story in order.

Any advice?
I think Necron is a pretty cool guy, he show up out of nowhere and doesn't afraid of anything.

User Info: Megeas

Megeas
1 month ago#2
Blizzard tries to make stories in expansions fairly self contained. That way even if your new you can follow with a basic jist of what's happening. That said, Jaina gets a lot of story time in Kul Tiras and not knowing her story can hurt a bit. Unfortunately her story is based on what happened in Warcraft 3 not wow. So you wouldn't even see what happened to her.

The Horde side meanwhile introduces quit a few new characters in Zandalar so the references aren't as deep. The worst thing to know is that these trolls were bad but we kicked there butts and now they are not doing so well.

User Info: Smowy

Smowy
1 month ago#3
Ok sweet. Thank you,
I think Necron is a pretty cool guy, he show up out of nowhere and doesn't afraid of anything.

User Info: LinkHeroOfTime3

LinkHeroOfTime3
1 month ago#4
You'd likely find yourself confused and without information with leveling as it is now. You wouldn't make it through a full expansion's worth of content. You'd get through half a story, and then hop to the next expansion's first half.

Get your max level character for Shadowlands; if you still want to see the lore of old expansions in game then you'll have a simpler system that lets you see one in its entirety rather than bits of everything. You'll get alts in the process too, a win-win.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. New player *question about expansion stories*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A