• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Do i have to remember the names of the NPCs in this game?

User Info: 21WIVES_CHILL

21WIVES_CHILL
1 month ago#1
I dont know why some MMOs do this, but the names they give for their games are difficult to remember because they're not common names. Heck, I already forgot the names of the quest givers but I understand the story.

User Info: TommySnipeZ_182

TommySnipeZ_182
1 month ago#2
Not really. Perhaps only the names of the important characters in the lore if you're into that.
BattleTag: CommonDreads#2148 / PSN: TommySnipeZ_182 / Steam: OneStepBeyond182 / XBL: TommySnipeZ 182. Currently playing: World of Warcraft Classic/Retail.

User Info: Heero_Effect

Heero_Effect
1 month ago#3
Eh Not really. Only ones I ever remember are the main characters who often have a recurring role in the story.

User Info: Wiaru

Wiaru
1 month ago#4
I vote a big no. I say this as someone who played on and off since 2004. I get the lore generally speaking but I have no idea who most the people are. Even the recurring characters (especially on the opposing faction). I find the occasional cinematics kinda funny because I find myself thinking these people seem important... and honestly I have no idea who they are.

END TRANSMISSION

User Info: GIT-GUD

GIT-GUD
1 month ago#5
Hearthstone is a good way of remembering the main characters such as Sylvania, Jane, Etc

User Info: Megeas

Megeas
1 month ago#6
Mankrik is the only important person...

Blizzard makes it so you don't NEED to know everything about someone to know the story. That said it can give texture to the events and motivations. In general learning about the main character of the story arc your going through is prolly the best.
(message deleted)

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
1 month ago#8
Nope, nor do you need to read the quest text if you dont want too.
You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

User Info: Voodoo_Voldo

Voodoo_Voldo
1 month ago#9
Get into the stories and quests enough, and you wont have to try and remember them.. you just do.

Gladiator's Resolve must live on!
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Do i have to remember the names of the NPCs in this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A