• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Which class should I level next?

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 month ago#1
Your choices: - Results (49 votes)
Warrior
18.37% (9 votes)
Priest
20.41% (10 votes)
Rogue
12.24% (6 votes)
Shaman
28.57% (14 votes)
Monk
20.41% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For some reason I've been avoiding these classes. If you recommend a specific spec, that'd be cool too.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1
(message deleted)

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
1 month ago#3
In the current state of melee dps, I prefer WW, outlaw, and Arms from the classes you listed.

Anacrusys
1 month ago#4
I have them all maxed if you have specific questions.

1. Do you prefer ranged and want a heal spec? I like priest (2 heals) better than shaman, looks like enhance is getting improvements in SL if you want a melee dps, ranged dps, plus healer.
  2. Do you want melee dps but no tank? Rogue has three specs that play very different. Warrior if you need a tank spec. Warrior and rogue dps are both fun IMO, but I prefer rogue for the 3 spec Dps package if I didn’t want to tank.
  3. Do you want all three roles on this character? Monk is the only option.

If you own BFA, I would make 110 trial characters. Test all the specs in the short tutorial, training dummy, and 15 min battle scenario (optional) using the Icy Veins Class guides for proper rotation and talents. This is the only way to know what you like best. That said, changes are coming in SL.

GuitaristMatt
1 month ago#5
Anacrusys posted...
I have them all maxed if you have specific questions.
1. Do you prefer ranged and want a heal spec? I like priest (2 heals) better than shaman, looks like enhance is getting improvements in SL if you want a melee dps, ranged dps, plus healer.
I prefer resto druids constant uptime and hots over the burst healing. That just seems for fun. I could go either way on ranged versus melee. Slight edge on ranged due to the versatility of being ranged.
2. Do you want melee dps but no tank? Rogue has three specs that play very different. Warrior if you need a tank spec. Warrior and rogue dps are both fun IMO, but I prefer rogue for the 3 spec Dps package if I didn’t want to tank.
I've done plenty of dungeon tanking, but I wouldn't care to do it in raids or even mythic+.
3. Do you want all three roles on this character? Monk is the only option.
I don't care. I have other classes that can do all 3 that are sitting at 120. Just looking for something fun I may have missed among these choices.

Shadow priest has been getting some hype in the beta. How's that?
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1

Anacrusys
1 month ago#6
“Just looking for something fun I may have missed among these choices.” IMO you have missed many fun specs in the five listed classes. I like them all in their own ways but obviously some better than others

I’m not in beta, but I like the BFA shadow better than balance it’s more involved and engaging. I have all the healers maxed and resto druid and the priest specs are my favorites. Holy priest will have 7 dps skills! and other improvements. Disc is similar to resto hot’s because your damage skills heal people through atonement

There are so many great new priest you tube videos in the past five days check them out. Shadow, holy, and disc are all looking better than the BFA versions that I currently like. I would definitely give priest a try. I have all classes at 120, and priest will be my first SL character.

GuitaristMatt
1 month ago#7
Looks like monk wins
Thanks all. I'll try WW

Anacrusys
1 month ago#8
Here is a good monk site to go along with Icy Veins. WW has a higher skill cap than almost all of the other melee dps specs, which is one reason why I like it so much. The best mobility in the game with double chi torpedo and flying serpent kick. WW is so smooth.

https://www.peakofserenity.com/

User Info: Grailshot

Grailshot
1 month ago#9
Shadow Priest is really good in Shadowlands. The rework has done wonders for the spec.

But I would agree that WW is likely the most fun.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Which class should I level next?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A