• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Thinking of buying....

User Info: New_Username

New_Username
1 month ago#1
I have been trying both FF XIV and WoW, and i think I might buy WoW instead of FF. If I buy buy the epic edition https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/wow-complete-collection I wouldnt have to buy anything else to play right, this is the digital version? is there any place to buy it cheaper?

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 month ago#2
You only need shadowlands if you wait until launch
Otherwise yeah you need the compete collection
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1
(message deleted)

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
1 month ago#4
In the link you posted, there is a cheaper heroic version that’s all you need.

User Info: Megeas

Megeas
1 month ago#5
If you like the pets and cosmetics from the epic edition it is worth it, because it comes with 60 days of sub time...

Really though if you have been playing the trials and want to go from there... especially if your still leveling it may be worth just starting a sub up and playing that way... you would only need to pay $15 for this month and your able to play. That said if you were to get up to level 110 you would not be able to continue as of yet. Sometime after Shadowlands releases... they will add BFA to all accounts and then you can purchase just shadowlands at that point. You could then pay just $40 for the expansion and continue on.

That said they do add quite a lot for purchasing higher tiers but its pretty much all cosmetic outside the bonus sub time. Its a bit confusing but the options you have are decent because of it.
(message deleted)

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
1 month ago#7
Since you mentioned cheaper, and may not want to commit to a larger investment. If i didn’t own BFA, I would buy it new on eBay for $20. Run an eBay search for “Battle for Azeroth” it’s the first listing. Looks like almost 200 sold. BFA comes with a free 110 boost so you would be able to play BFA now while it is active. I checked for someone else last week and the price is lower now.

There is a massive amount of highly populated BFA Content and it will be dead in a couple months. So I personally would prioritize experiencing BFA now. Then you would buy the Shadowlands upgrade(s) later.

Disclosure: I am not the seller and am not responsible for any issues. Just pointing out a cheaper option for someone(s) who wants a deal. I’ve been buying and selling on eBay for 20 years with no problems.

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
1 month ago#8
Wait for the pre-patch(Should be announced at Gamescom)
You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

User Info: TruCrypt

TruCrypt
1 month ago#9
If you want to save money, just wait until Shadowlands actually drops. Right now, those two are inflated because of BFA. BFA will be free once shadowlands drops.
Computer stats in my sig: RTX 2070 Super, Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB of RAM
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Thinking of buying....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A