• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I got a Shadowlands beta invite

User Info: thronedfire2

thronedfire2
2 months ago#1
never been in a WoW beta before. not sure I want to play with default UI
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
2 months ago#2
D: rip me

Mods should work if you point them to the right folder. A lot of mods should have beta versions iirc
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
2 months ago#3
thronedfire2 posted...
never been in a WoW beta before. not sure I want to play with default UI
Git gud?
Ain't gonna sugarcoat it. If you can't do 95% of the game's content without UI mods or addons, you're just bad.
I mean, don't worry, you're in good company because that's literally 90%+ of active raiders, with the bulk of the remaining 10% just accustomed to their crutches.
The difference is still that the 10% or so of competent players who don't need the crutches can manage.
But if a child never learns to walk without crutches from the start, what hope is there?

*This is both condescension and encouragement. The condescending part is obvious. The encouragement part is basically me telling you to suck it up and deal with it, and at the end of the day you'll probably be a bit more attentive and aware as a player.
Too many damn times in a raid someone says they can't see something in the boss fight and it's visible in the default UI, so it's on them for their UI and addon crowding things out, and they'd play better with those things off, if they actually tried.

GuitaristMatt posted...
Mods should work if you point them to the right folder. A lot of mods should have beta versions iirc
They really do break or fall into causing massive lag really often due to how often builds change and, despite the fact that it seems like nothing you're running should be affected, lo and behold it gets affected.
Especially with the quantity of mods most players run.
I'm a minimalist and I have had things break even on live annoyingly often.
With as bad as most players are, they really can't expect to run even half of that without having to constantly update and STILL have things break for how many hours or days until a fix.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv
(message deleted)

User Info: Hohei

Hohei
2 months ago#5
Well it didn't take long for Majin and Wooden to jump in to claim their doom and gloom s***, now just need Joker to tell everyone how trash they are for liking WoW still and we'll have almost everyone here.

To my knowledge the API is released for Shadowlands so addon makers could start modifying if needed, so check to see if whatever UIs you were using have a beta version to download. If not, got to learn. As far as what to do? Play, report bugs as you find them and give feedback if you think is needed. The one thing with WoW betas are usually kind of set and it's mainly just fine tuning versus big sweeping changes and things just plain not working, that's what internal testing and Alpha is for.

Up to you if you want to play and spoil stuff for yourself since you'll just need to repeat the same things in retail. You could use it to figure out your efficient leveling strategy I suppose.
Biscuits and gravy.
(message deleted)

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
2 months ago#7
nope, no beta invite for me
I've been subbed the last year and a half
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1

User Info: Revenant1420

Revenant1420
2 months ago#8
Hohei posted...
Up to you if you want to play and spoil stuff for yourself since you'll just need to repeat the same things in retail. You could use it to figure out your efficient leveling strategy I suppose.

It's also interesting to see how they change things, if that interests people. For example that Art Hughie fisherman quest in Drustvar (the one where you have to kill seagulls and check the fishing poles) - when I played the Battle for Azeroth beta, he was just a normal guy who gave quests. On the live version, he is instead under some sort of curse and speaks way differently than he did on the beta, using ellipses after every word or two.

Fight through a ROOM!

User Info: Heero_Effect

Heero_Effect
1 month ago#9
Sell it

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 month ago#10
WoodenRook posted...
Pretty sure everyone with an active sub got an invite. I'm over WoW, I'm honestly really really tempted to refund my Shadowlands pre-order. Not to be a downer and I hate the "i'm leaving schtick" but, I had this girl's video playing in the background while I was playing League of Legends and a lot of things she said just makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5uro2UU08w

I'm not going to FFXIV though. I'm playing through League a lot and single player games.

I beat Fire Emblem: Three Houses on one of the four paths and I'm playing FFX through in the HD version with the International bosses right now. Then I'll probably play a Master playthrough of BotW before the sequel comes out. Then probably Disgaea 1 or Dragon Quest 3.
Disgaea 1. I see you are a man of culture.
I like the cut of your jib.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I got a Shadowlands beta invite
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A