• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. WoW Classic - Level 33 to 45 leveling Advice

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
1 year ago#1
So I am a relatively new player to WoW Classic. All my college buddies decided to get back into WoW once this released and I decided, to maybe foolishly, follow along. The only problem is while I'm having fun and enjoying it, I don't nearly have the time they do to devote to WoW so I have lagged FAR behind them.

Almost all of them are now 60 or close to 60, but I am still in the low 30s. Group questing is no longer possible for me, and solo questing in general is getting more difficult because they were adamant on playing on a PvP server, so all of the lvl 30-45ish places that I need to level at are heavily contested territory (i.e. STV, Hillsbrad, etc.) so the limited time I have to play WoW is spent getting endlessly ganked by people way higher leveled than me while I am minding my own business trying to catch back up to my friends before the new year.

Any advice on what I can do? I tried sticking to SM from 31-33 and it was slower than expected and super boring to just do the same dungeon over and over.

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
1 year ago#2
SM dungeons is what you should be focusing on. Graveyard for 29-33. library for 31-35. Arm for 36 to 38. Cath for 37 to 40. RFD 36 to 40. Uldaman for 42 to 46.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/dungeons-guide

User Info: Slayerblade11

Slayerblade11
1 year ago#3
RFD and Uldaman aren't worth it in terms of exp. Yo u can find a secluded area with easyish mobs and just grind. It's not much slower than questing and you make quite a bit more gold.

User Info: SUPERMARTH

SUPERMARTH
1 year ago#4
If you're a mage you can aoe grind. It'll help you make money for your mount.

Otherwise, even on a high population pvp server, you should go to those contested areas. I find that people don't mess with you too much unless they're just high levels looking to hurt people.

Most people that are leveling (like you) don't want to risk pvp, gank-for-gank, in the overworld. Also you can be more stealthy on your pulls and try to keep an eye on whats going on around you to avoid any conflict.

Bottom line: SM dungeons or head to STV/Hillsbrad. Desolace and thousand needles are good leveling for horde and not too busy with pvp.
Michael Pavone, REMAX agent

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
1 year ago#5
SUPERMARTH posted...
If you're a mage you can aoe grind. It'll help you make money for your mount.

Otherwise, even on a high population pvp server, you should go to those contested areas. I find that people don't mess with you too much unless they're just high levels looking to hurt people.

Most people that are leveling (like you) don't want to risk pvp, gank-for-gank, in the overworld. Also you can be more stealthy on your pulls and try to keep an eye on whats going on around you to avoid any conflict.

Bottom line: SM dungeons or head to STV/Hillsbrad. Desolace and thousand needles are good leveling for horde and not too busy with pvp.

Thanks for the help. I've made it to level 39! So I'm getting there slowly. I'm a lock so I'll be getting a free mount one level from now. I ended up going back to STV/Hillsbrad while mixing in some SM. I had a lot better luck this week. A few groups of lvl 60 ally ganked me this week in STV, but it wasn't too bad. Although, with world PvP releasing this week, I think I'm going to Spell Cleave in SM Cath from 39-44 and try and avoid as much of it that I can.

I had a dedicated Cleave group for Cath for about two hours the other day and got 1.5 levels from it. We were flying. So I might just keep doing that till 44.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. WoW Classic - Level 33 to 45 leveling Advice
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A