• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. (Vanilla) I'm playing a Pali but thinking about endgame.

User Info: Kwinza

Kwinza
1 week ago#1
Hi all.

I’ve got my Pali to 30 but I’ve come to realize that I was misremembering the bc endgame for vanilla and I won’t really be able to tank or dps.

Thus I ask this, what class should I play with raids in mind? I’m thinking mage tbf but am unsure.
"Angry statement: If I see one more meatbag attempt to attack a Jedi with a blaster pistol, I'll kill him myself!" --- HK-47

User Info: SlyClone2k

SlyClone2k
1 week ago#2
Mages and Rogues generally have the highest dps when played well. End game mages can AoE grind and rogues have good solid single target grinds on elites.
Take this! And that! And some of these! And one of those!
(message deleted)

User Info: Eagleeyejack

Eagleeyejack
1 week ago#4
Pallys are amazing healers, but if you want to tank or dps, then yeah, better make the switch. Mages are great DPS, and have good PVP viability. (if that matters to you)
Feel free to Private message me if you want to speak to me.

User Info: TheHawk81283

TheHawk81283
1 week ago#5
I say go for it. Its tough to dps or tank as pally but it can be done its just not a walk in the park. Make your own groups and hone your skills then when your ready start trying to join others. I pkay Fury War and always have i would pst for a invite and they would say war are tank so id say give me a shot you wont regret it. Made alot of friends that way too. Playing a spec that isnt just easy to do slways gets peoples attention. Good luck.
It takes a man to admit his limits. It takes a hero to push passed them.

User Info: Sp00k

Sp00k
1 week ago#6
DW Fury is one of the highest DPS classes in the game right now and ends up being the highest. You can't compare that to a Ret Paladin which is basement level DPS from now until WoTLK.
If you torture a stat badly enough it will tell you anything.
-John Hollinger @ 2011 Sloan Conference

User Info: TheHawk81283

TheHawk81283
1 week ago#7
Yea we will see i agree with you i am gonna tear stuff up but dont come in here like you know anything ill bet you shunned us Fury Wars before.
It takes a man to admit his limits. It takes a hero to push passed them.

User Info: Lord_Zenki

Lord_Zenki
1 week ago#8
TheHawk81283 posted...
Yea we will see i agree with you i am gonna tear stuff up but dont come in here like you know anything ill bet you shunned us Fury Wars before.

Dude fury has always been legit.
Warriors are so OP throughout vanilla and BC. They're the only real tanks, fury does top tier damage, and arms wrecks in pvp.
FC: 0748-7304-9172
Pokemon Ultra Moon IGN: Zenki

User Info: Sp00k

Sp00k
1 week ago#9
I never said you would tear anything up. Just that Fury Warriors are top tier DPS and aren't viewed the same way as Ret Paladins.
If you torture a stat badly enough it will tell you anything.
-John Hollinger @ 2011 Sloan Conference
Kwinza posted...
Hi all.

I’ve got my Pali to 30 but I’ve come to realize that I was misremembering the bc endgame for vanilla and I won’t really be able to tank or dps.

Thus I ask this, what class should I play with raids in mind? I’m thinking mage tbf but am unsure.

What's your goal for endgame? Pure raiding? You won't be able to do progression unless you have people working with you. But Paladins can most certainly tank / dps for anything really.

But I'd say switch if you're adamant against healing at all. Because I know Rets are still expected to cleanse targets in their group, or at least they should be open to it to save healer mana.
"Have you by any chance started a college fund for precious little Dispatch? do you pay him a $20/week allowance just to loaf about?" - Assassin17
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. (Vanilla) I'm playing a Pali but thinking about endgame.
  • Post New Message