• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Decided to start Classic

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
1 week ago#1
I created an Orc Hunter to level alongside my friends Shaman.

I'm having fun, don't get me wrong, but man I forgot how much of a slog the game is and how abysmal the drop rates are.

Back when we didn't know any better it wasn't that big a deal that you had to kill 50 crabs for 8 vials of mucus, sure, there was surprise and memes about the drop rates, but these days that s*** is s***.

I vastly prefer retail for the streamlined leveling and questing and it's spoiled me.

I am very happy to see the old talents again, and have an actual "difficulty" level when I quest. I had to use a potion for the first time since before I can remember when I over pulled three tigers. It was fun and that is the part I'm enjoying.

I went in with a small pair of nostalgia goggles, a Nostalgia Monocle, if you will, for the way WoW was, but I don't think I'll play beyond this one month, I just don't have the time to grind anymore.

I hope others are having fun.
Perfect Hunter: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/alexstrasza/veeciar

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
1 week ago#2
People reason the low drop rate is to make you kill more stuff for exp. It really is one of the few major annoyances with classic.
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

User Info: n0matter

n0matter
1 week ago#3
Might as well max level. If you're in STV already, you'll likely be just about there by the end of the month anyway. I'm assuming pve server? Otherwise this post would have sounded a little different, with emphasis on other faction as the main source of annoyance rather than mobs.

User Info: whirlwind24

whirlwind24
1 week ago#4
The social interactions are the only thing that makes Classic worth it. Class design sucks ass. If you are capable of healing, that is all you are good for. Every other spec is a meme.

I'm too accustomed to not having to deal with mana as a DPS. Sitting to drink every other mob pull sucks big time. No fun.

I might enjoy it more as a rogue or warrior where I only have to deal with health basically. Might reroll on a lesser populated server.

Having to interact with other players, and feeling the faction pride of playing on a PvP server where you constantly encounter the same players really does make the game, and enhances the whole escapism aspect of MMO.

I don't miss this type of class design, though. Mainly just salty that Balance isn't even playable.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: kalipou7

kalipou7
1 week ago#5
You mean 15 years old design is outdated and backward?

Holy crap! No way!

Thats why classic's "success" isn't gonna last my dude. Actually, I could say didn't last already but I'll keep it ... classy (bad'umTssss)
(edited 1 week ago)

n0matter
1 week ago#6
whirlwind24 posted...
The social interactions are the only thing that makes Classic worth it. Class design sucks ass. If you are capable of healing, that is all you are good for. Every other spec is a meme.

I've too accustomed to not having to deal with mana as a DPS. Sitting to drink every other mob pull sucks big time. No fun.

I might enjoy it more as a rogue or warrior where I only have to deal with health basically. Might reroll on a lesser populated server.

I used to believe this but, after our first server rag kill with a half 50's group, various specs and such, I don't anymore. You can truly play whatever you want at least through BWL this time around. Which is probably as long or longer than most people will even stay. The 'community' is just as toxic as it was 15 years ago. Except now it's an odd mix of 40-somethings and millenials trying to co-exist within an old game with ancient mechanics.

Makes listening to discord fun, though. You've got some kid talking talking all hard about how he used to play WoW when he was six or something and some guy old enough to be his Dad trying his best to tolerate it. You can clearly tell the Internet hardass has never touched Vanilla and the dad probably spent a year of his life in college trying to clear content that the kid is trivializing. I cold listen to this s*** all day. :)
kalipou7 posted...

Holy crap! No way!

Thats why classic's "success" isn't gonna last my dude. Actually, I could say didn't last already but I'll keep it ... classy (bad'umTssss)

I just need it to be successful long enough for us to get BC and Wrath servers. So far so good.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412

n0matter
1 week ago#8
nocturnal traveler posted...
kalipou7 posted...

Holy crap! No way!

I just need it to be successful long enough for us to get BC and Wrath servers. So far so good.

But it'll split the community! Getting tired of hearing that. Classic babies whined enough to get their game but now can't stand the idea of BC/Wrath options as well.
That's because they know most of us that are playing Classic are doing it to show Blizzard that BC/Wrath servers will work. But what they don't realize, is that if Blizzard one day told us that those servers will never happen because Classic is good enough, the Classic numbers would drastically drop, rather than slowly.

Not that Classic isn't good, mind you. It just wasn't my first WoW experience.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 week ago#10
My favorite thing was remember how bad loot quests were in groups. You basically have to skip them if you want to make reasonable progress.
"That is so fetch!"
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Decided to start Classic
  • Post New Message