• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What if WoW Classic evolves into Alternate WoW?

User Info: Future_Trunks

Future_Trunks
1 month ago#1
And they get to start over w lore and mechanics
the nightmare is over

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 month ago#2
What if I told you we've been talking about this for months in other topics
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

User Info: Knave

Knave
1 month ago#3
I hope so
I never saw a brute I hated so; He must be wicked to deserve such pain.

User Info: Trikor

Trikor
1 month ago#4
Doubt it. But I can see bits of classic implemented into retail expansions
Im better than any competitor ready to sever the head of a meddler deadlier than ever this **** is inevitable
3DS: 3325-1682-1124 PSN: DnosSFS Steam: Triikor

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
1 month ago#5
I doubt it. World of Warcraft Classic feels more of a rerun, not a reboot.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 month ago#6
As I said in another topic: how exactly do you propose that is going to work when Retail had already touched on nearly every piece of Azeroth at this point?

Or are we going to pretend alternate Classic would never go to Outland or Northrend? Or that Deathwing would be written out of the lore, the Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras, and Zandalar would be forever ignored, and Pandaria would be forever hidden in the mists, and Y'sharaaj just wouldn't have existed along with the other Old God's.

Classic can't really go in a different direction as modern without essenially ignoring all the established story hooks that were set up in both Classic it's self, as well as WC 2 and 3.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: Tired-Insomniac

Tired-Insomniac
1 month ago#7
Ness0123456789 posted...
As I said in another topic: how exactly do you propose that is going to work when Retail had already touched on nearly every piece of Azeroth at this point?

Or are we going to pretend alternate Classic would never go to Outland or Northrend? Or that Deathwing would be written out of the lore, the Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras, and Zandalar would be forever ignored, and Pandaria would be forever hidden in the mists, and Y'sharaaj just wouldn't have existed along with the other Old God's.

Classic can't really go in a different direction as modern without essenially ignoring all the established story hooks that were set up in both Classic it's self, as well as WC 2 and 3.

Maybe do all that s*** but keep the classic gameplay style

Idk how they'd pull that off though
"I like turtles"

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#8
I'm sure they could bulls*** something up if they really wanted to go that route, like Classic versions of Quel'thalas and Gilneas, with Quel'thals being entirely wiped out by the Scourge and Gilneas being a huge madhouse of uncontrollable lycanthropy. The lore discrepancies are the absolutely lowest rung on the ladder of hurdles. I'd be more concerned about whether they're even employing anyone who knows how to keep content in-line with Classic, and how they go about handling it.

But I don't care either way right now, if there's new content or not; I'm in the honeymoon phase.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Maiagare

Maiagare
1 month ago#9
They should do Vanilla, BC and WotLK unchanged... and then re-design the game from there.

I don't know, I'm just having a really hard time trying to play Classic without knowing that the game has a future.
What a superb demon!

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
1 month ago#10
Tired-Insomniac posted...
Maybe do all that s*** but keep the classic gameplay style

At that point Blizzard will be effectively making two games and that amount of resources and manpower I have doubts they will dedicate. Of course I don't know what size of team worked on bringing about Classic.

Maiagare posted...
I don't know, I'm just having a really hard time trying to play Classic without knowing that the game has a future.

Nothing wrong with that mindset. Personally I'm treating the whole thing as if its like Valhalla. We're just here to keep playing and fighting til the day of Ragnarok approaches.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What if WoW Classic evolves into Alternate WoW?
  • Topic Archived