• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Classic WoW subreddit did a poll and found 63% don't have active WoW sub

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
2 months ago#31
Yeah, I was really bummed that unsubbed/inactive accounts were NOT being given beta access.

Not that it really matters. I can't stomach modern WoW anymore. I just re-subbed though, so that I'm ready for classic once it's out (I may not do day 1 or even week 1, but at least my sub will be ready when ever the server queues have f***ed offf).

User Info: Pirwzwhomper

Pirwzwhomper
2 months ago#32
Classic isn't available to play yet. Why would players waiting for a game start paying money for a subscription before the game they want to play is even available?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg

User Info: AmendedOrder

AmendedOrder
2 months ago#33
Pirwzwhomper posted...
Classic isn't available to play yet. Why would players waiting for a game start paying money for a subscription before the game they want to play is even available?

To reserve a name.....enough people have already subbed to fill all the servers blizzard has released so far with name reservations.

User Info: Pirwzwhomper

Pirwzwhomper
2 months ago#34
I can't imagine that most players who want to play Classic would be willing to blow half of a monthly sub's time to reserve a name ahead of time, though. If servers are already getting packed then just imagine the crush come launch day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg

User Info: KTG2

KTG2
2 months ago#35
Wow only 63% of an extremely skewed sample are joining just for classic

What a revelation
Just realized I hadn't changed this since December 2017 - Changed 7/25/19

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
1 month ago#36
AmendedOrder posted...
Again, I think they'll revisit the issue down the road and gauge the feelings of the playerbase then. If the mindset of most people a year or so from now is "f*** no, I want only Classic" then they probably won't go through with it. But if most people have changed their minds at that point, I think they will. I personally, think that the amount of the playerbase that would prefer TBC or WotLK over Vanilla is larger.

Then they should allow for characters to be copied to TBC and WotLK servers. Classic WoW is a whole different beast then the expansions that came after it. Completely different game.

User Info: Werecatqueen

Werecatqueen
1 month ago#37
I'm not a current player (though I USED to play) but I do keep up with the story and such

User Info: hak145

hak145
1 month ago#38
FatalImage posted...
Yeah, whatever amount of people play Classic long-term, the unavoidable fact is that a lot of them will eventually get sick of just playing vanilla. When that time comes, you either lose them forever, or you roll out TBC servers and go from there. If the numbers are there, it actually makes a lot of sense to implement a separate TBC server eventually.

I'm really getting sick of people thinking they know what people will do. It's not a fact if it's an ignorant prediction.
Gamertag XL: CRAZYjump, PSN: CRAZIERjump
Winner: Dark Souls.....2, Honorable Mentions: Fallout 3, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Bioshock

User Info: Nordini

Nordini
1 month ago#39
KTG2 posted...
Wow only 63% of an extremely skewed sample are joining just for classic

What a revelation

If this sample size were skewed, it would be skewed to have a lower percentage of people joining just for classic than the general public, not higher.

It's a subreddit, and as is the case with any gaming forum, it's going to sample a crowd of more serious gamers than your average casual player. The more serious users are more likely to have already been subbed to WoW.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Classic WoW subreddit did a poll and found 63% don't have active WoW sub
  • Topic Archived