• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Classic WoW subreddit did a poll and found 63% don't have active WoW sub

User Info: AmendedOrder

AmendedOrder
2 months ago#1
63% of the people who responded to the subreddit's poll who plan to play Classic don't have an active WoW sub for retail.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQwB39WyONgFnnJzPnhU4MorbNFGnzN09Q-aq5Tkc_065rwA/viewanalytics

Pretty interesting. It seems Classic will be bringing a lot of players back to the game.

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
2 months ago#2
For a couple months, at least, for sure. I just hope its enough for WotLK servers.
Perfect Hunter: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/alexstrasza/veeciar

User Info: AmendedOrder

AmendedOrder
2 months ago#3
ImBadAtGames posted...
For a couple months, at least, for sure. I just hope its enough for WotLK servers.

I don't see them dividing up the playerbase even further. If TBC or WotLK comes, I think it will have to be the Classic server progressing into them.

User Info: Blak4xis

Blak4xis
2 months ago#4
I don't think they'll 'progress' the Classic Servers to whatever follows. Now, progression servers like the ones we've seen in EQ, totally plausible, but there would be a never-ending s***storm of people being pissed about their server shifting into another iteration of the game when they were told that the product they're getting would just be vanilla content and nothing more.

So fresh and clean.

User Info: TheHawk81283

TheHawk81283
2 months ago#5
I resubbed right before the latest retail patch played for a month and now im resubbing on the 23rd. Retail.isnt doing it for me. I guess ill see if my love of Classic is still strong in a few weeks while im leveling.
It takes a man to admit his limits. It takes a hero to push passed them.

User Info: fantomas418

fantomas418
2 months ago#6
Im in those numbers. Stop at the beginning of Cata and will sub back next week for name reservation and cant wait to play it again. Just got a free lvl 100 boost today, ill probably log on my old main and play him while waiting for classic...

Maybe it was their masterplan all along...

User Info: metralo

metralo
2 months ago#7
fantomas418 posted...
Im in those numbers. Stop at the beginning of Cata and will sub back next week for name reservation and cant wait to play it again. Just got a free lvl 100 boost today, ill probably log on my old main and play him while waiting for classic...

to sell more subs?

uhh of course
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1298321979/image.jpg bustin makes me feel good

User Info: fantomas418

fantomas418
2 months ago#8
metralo posted...
fantomas418 posted...

to sell more subs?

uhh of course

Yeah to bring back old players and make them modern wow junkies

User Info: TommySnipeZ_182

TommySnipeZ_182
2 months ago#9
I'm a part of that. I haven't played retail WoW since the end of Legion, I fell out of love with the game. I'll try a month of Classic and see how it goes but I am excited about the launch.
BattleTag: CommonDreads#2148 / Nintendo Friend Code: 3368-6182-0270 / PSN: TommySnipeZ_182 / Steam: OneStepBeyond182 / XBL: TommySnipeZ 182.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
2 months ago#10
AmendedOrder posted...
ImBadAtGames posted...

I don't see them dividing up the playerbase even further. If TBC or WotLK comes, I think it will have to be the Classic server progressing into them.

They said expansions aren't out of the question. I don't see how they'd be any less feasible than WoW Classic to begin with.

And it wouldn't "dilute" the playerbase. If someone doesn't want to play vanilla but they want to play BC or WotLK, I don't think they'd play vanilla for lack of an alternative.
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Classic WoW subreddit did a poll and found 63% don't have active WoW sub
  • Topic Archived