• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Remember when WoW Classic was first announced and you all swore up and down

User Info: Goats

Goats
1 month ago#1
That it would be a colossal failure and nobody actually wanted to play it?

I guess you all jumped on the bandwagon already when you realized that for all it's faults, Classic is still going to be better than the current WoW.
Sigless user alert

User Info: Ruvan22

Ruvan22
1 month ago#2
Goats posted...

I guess you all jumped on the bandwagon already when you realized that for all it's faults, Classic is still going to be better than the current WoW.

As a paladin, I enjoy current WoW more than vanilla/classic
As a pet battler, I enjoy current WoW more than vanilla/classic
As a lore buff, I enjoy current WoW more than vanilla/classic

User Info: wombat013

wombat013
1 month ago#3
Ruvan22 posted...
Goats posted...

So you enjoy dumbed down trash because thinking is too hard

Got it.
No one cares about your computer specs or what game you're currently playing.
And you're not the official whomever of a game board.

User Info: n0matter

n0matter
1 month ago#4
I don't remember that, no. But then I also didn't have 15 years worth of game evolution to compare it to. Now that I do, yes, it's going to be a sub-par gaming experience for most. I nice distraction. But, tbh, so many people will still be playing through 8.3 content, they've sort of set it up to fail already...
No way am I going to IGN. I just copied this from reddit. - scarecrows

User Info: n0matter

n0matter
1 month ago#5
wombat013 posted...
Ruvan22 posted...
Goats posted...

Got it.

Just curious--what elements of Vanilla were mentally challenging for you?
No way am I going to IGN. I just copied this from reddit. - scarecrows

User Info: Hohei

Hohei
1 month ago#6
wombat013 posted...
Ruvan22 posted...
Goats posted...

Got it.

As a paladin, I imagine they enjoy being able to do more things then being a buff/cleanse pot stuck in a single USEFUL spec.
As a pet battler, I imagine they like having a variety of tasks to do other than sit in a channel all day LFM people to do BRD or UBRS for attunements or sit outside the BG portals to do PvP.
As a lore buff, I imagine they like having characters we knew about do something rather than a bunch of random bosses creep up while our leaders did nothing.

Vanilla wasn't challenging, it was tedious. Stack enough resistance to not get 1-shot by abilities then spam the same 1-3 buttons that you do now. Mechanics weren't anything special.

The only dumbed down trash is comments like yours that somehow think vanilla was a masterpiece of difficulty when it was meant as an easier and inviting alternative to EQ and FFXI.
Biscuits and gravy.
(message deleted)

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
1 month ago#8
I still don't want to play it and I still think it's not going to be as successful as it looks its going to be right now. It's a bubble.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: WoW, Monster Hunter World

User Info: DigitalDice

DigitalDice
1 month ago#9
I said that it would be nice to poke around in as a museum piece, but I was skeptical that it would recoup the costs required to bring it about. And was even more skeptical that it would hold up after they ran out of content and entered permanent drought.

It looks like a lot of fun, and I might well be worth poking around in if/when I resub. (Valentines day 2020, because I'm still an idiot about the rocket.) We'll still have to see how well it does after the new toy shine wears off, though.
Nope, still not touching Classic, still think it's a waste of time and resources.
Les aristocrates a la lanterne!
Les aristocrates on les pendra!
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Remember when WoW Classic was first announced and you all swore up and down
  • Topic Archived