You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Toys in the cash shop is the deal breaker for me.

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
4 weeks ago#21
I don't have a problem with this, but I do have an issue with the absolutely outrageous costs for both purely cosmetic stuff and some of the game services, considering the game is still a subscription based game with expansions that costs a lot. If the game was entirely F2P at this point..sure. But it's not. I could actually be more tempted to buy something if it wasn't so damn expensive.

Anyway, it is what it is.
..where I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.

User Info: mybbqrules

mybbqrules
4 weeks ago#22
Wyldefyr posted...
It's not so much the toys in the cash shop that bothers me, it's the 'Buy these so we can afford prize money for our esports' that bugs me.

Especially since they just got done cutting massive numbers of employees, all while taking in huge profits.

Sorry, Actiblizz. I'm not going to believe you when you cry poor to me.
"Remember, it's called the 'American dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
4 weeks ago#23
nocturnal traveler posted...
I've never bought anything from the cash shop. Why is this so hard for others?

Same. I have the sparkle pony, li'l Kel'Thuzad, and Li'l Ragnaros because an ex knew I enjoyed WoW and bought them for me, but I've purchased nothing.
I have a great signature, the best. It's such a great signature. Nobody has a better signature than I do. I have the best signature, ask anyone

ImBadAtGames
4 weeks ago#24
WaffIeElite posted...
Amakusa posted...
Azardea posted...
I think it's pretty funny that they're begging for money to give to their esports players.

This is exactly what Starcraft 2, LoL and Dota do.

I'm more surprised people are freaking out about it, like this is some kind of new concept that 'suddenly' appeared.

Master Alien posted...

"It exists so I need it"

Nobody gave a crap about the Transmog hats for years until Blizzard finally removed them-- which reminded people they existed so then they got to grandstand the same thing all over again.

When they came out many years ago, there was a huge pushback from us good players. So much that we went as far as to remove/ban the players who wore them from groups/guilds in an effort to protest this garbage. There was a lot of forum drama about it, but Blizzard couldn't really crack down on it, because how can they enforce that?

Sadly, it wasn't committed enough through the years.

Translation: A small and vocal minority of neckbeards went onto the message boards to claim they would kick people who had (insert x shop item), but never had the cojones to do so. An even smaller minority of neckbeards actually kicked people. Overall, the crybabies...sorry "good players" had almost no affect on anything with their anger.
I have a great signature, the best. It's such a great signature. Nobody has a better signature than I do. I have the best signature, ask anyone

ImBadAtGames
4 weeks ago#25
NeilJWD posted...
@Ness0123456789 posted...

You would have a point if you couldn't still buy these items with Gold, and things sold on the Blizzard store could only be bought with real money.

But neither of these cases are true, so your complaint falls flat, and just turns into entitled whining.

No, you are flat out wrong I can NOT buy them with gold. I can only buy them with real-world currencies. Same as If I walked into my local Burger King and tried to buy a Whopper with 500 rubles, 7 Big Macs or 200,000 warcraft gold, that is not the units they are sold for no matter the equivalent value. I can NOT buy the toys with gold.

Sure I can convert my gold into RW currency, but then I am spending RW money on vanity BS for no better reason than Blizzard's greed. If you fail to see the distinction, or refuse to categorise it as a problem, that I can accept. You do you.

I, however, can not accept it. These kinds of practice should not be rewarded with loyalty. I am EU, 2 tokens are 360,000 gold. It would take me a long ass time to farm that much gold, far far more work than any other 2 toys in the game. And far more time than IRL earning the £20 shop cost. Just because blizz wants more money.

Then cancel your sub and uninstall. You are clearly finding that this is your breaking point.

You won't, though. You'll either:

1. Buy the items, keep playing, cry about it.
2. Ignore the items, keep playing, cry about it.

User Info: mattymatt726

mattymatt726
4 weeks ago#26
WaffIeElite posted...
Amakusa posted...
Azardea posted...
I think it's pretty funny that they're begging for money to give to their esports players.

This is exactly what Starcraft 2, LoL and Dota do.

I'm more surprised people are freaking out about it, like this is some kind of new concept that 'suddenly' appeared.

Master Alien posted...

"It exists so I need it"

Nobody gave a crap about the Transmog hats for years until Blizzard finally removed them-- which reminded people they existed so then they got to grandstand the same thing all over again.

When they came out many years ago, there was a huge pushback from us good players. So much that we went as far as to remove/ban the players who wore them from groups/guilds in an effort to protest this garbage. There was a lot of forum drama about it, but Blizzard couldn't really crack down on it, because how can they enforce that?

Sadly, it wasn't committed enough through the years.

Man, you sound like a doucher with a small wiener.
4709 454 396, Colossus. Thanatos/level 999. All OE ecxept Ragshelm, Barion, Celufan and Xei Jing. Go REVS.

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#27
Toys were one of those untouched things. Now you can't get them all in game.

I haven't played much this expansion, but won't be resubbing.

As far as this person...

ImBadAtGames posted...
I guess people gotta take a stand about something, no matter how inane the reason.

Get over yourself. It's a hobby and they make a subscription fee to make content. Activision Blizzard doesn't need to crowd fund their stuff.

They will also be the one to profit. So the whole reasoning behind the sale in itself is like a slap in the face. It's like Walmart asking customers to buy something they should just give them in game for what they are already paying and saying it's so they can expand their store.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Raelic Gog: https://www.gog.com/u/WoodenRook
https://media.tenor.com/images/ba9d412c253f22d44f44687807b4e7ac/tenor.gif
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Crystal Odessa

Crystal Odessa
4 weeks ago#28
What really bothered me, is that I couldn't even use an appearance swapper on someone using the raid boss toy. Came up as an invalid target.

User Info: big_pimper

big_pimper
4 weeks ago#29
blizz still using the pay to win store to make up for lost subs
Taylor swift crew Selena Gomez crew robin sparkles Pokimane crew

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
4 weeks ago#30
TC, the toy tab in-game is already FILLED with items that can only be obtained via "Promotion", aka obscenely expensive trading cards or limited time only. So don't give us that bulls*** speech about these new toys being a dealbreaker since you were never going to be able to complete that collection in the first place.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 5, WoW, Hollow Knight
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Toys in the cash shop is the deal breaker for me.