• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Do I dare ask how 8.1 is?

User Info: Blackstar110

Blackstar110
4 weeks ago#1
I played a lot of 8.0 and enjoyed it more than most, as I liked the quest content and exploring the continents. I did indeed burn out almost immediately though once I hit raiding.

How’s the new(er) patch?
-Shred

User Info: Giantwaspface

Giantwaspface
4 weeks ago#2
Same thing, really. It's not exactly the shot in the arm that the game needed, just more of the same with a few tweaks. If you were burnt out before, there is nothing here to revitalize you.
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence..."

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
4 weeks ago#3
Wait for the raid to open or skip untill next expansion.

Blackstar110
4 weeks ago#4
Alright, sounds like at most a brief resub to continue the war campaign or level some alts if I feel the itch. Thanks.

It’s funny, I’ve never been super hardcore except a few months EVER in like 15 years of WoW, but this is the first time the endgame treadmill completely failed to hook me. I wasn’t even angered to the point where I personally could articulate where it was failing, but it just didn’t catch my interest long term. Probably something about the RNG. I did certainly prefer back in Mists when there was currency for armor as well as the random drops, felt less random or like I was earning it. Idk
-Shred

User Info: Ardeth_of_Light

Ardeth_of_Light
4 weeks ago#5
Blackstar110 posted...
Alright, sounds like at most a brief resub to continue the war campaign or level some alts if I feel the itch. Thanks.

It’s funny, I’ve never been super hardcore except a few months EVER in like 15 years of WoW, but this is the first time the endgame treadmill completely failed to hook me. I wasn’t even angered to the point where I personally could articulate where it was failing, but it just didn’t catch my interest long term. Probably something about the RNG. I did certainly prefer back in Mists when there was currency for armor as well as the random drops, felt less random or like I was earning it. Idk

I know the feeling. I quit after I got pathfinder part 1. Haven't subscribed yet gonna wait until I know for sure the Zandalari Trolls are actually out. I'm kinda scared to get to endgame again because it's soo boring. I also tried Final Fantasy XIV again but that game never seems to hold me for more than a month. I've never been this meh towards Wow. I really think they need to fire Ion and not like in a meme way. That man has completely failed and he constantly misses the point of why people are quitting in droves. And instead of fixing the problem he's digging his heels in. But I will probably resub Tuesday if they realease the Trolls.
"Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time."-Steve Rogers.

Blackstar110
4 weeks ago#6
Yeah. Like I said, I’ve never been hardcore enough to really articulate why, I just know when I’m hooked and when I’m not, but I watched a video a couple months ago from some famous streamer (don’t remember the name) that broke down what’s wrong with BFA and I was just thinking “DAMN that’s exactly it!” the whole time.

For what it’s worth I really like the questing in BFA and the continents are awesome. I got geared up through clearing M+9 or 10, so it’s not as if I had no fun at all. I just got that far and then was like... alright, I’m good. I didn’t hate it, it just failed to retain me beyond binging the opening month or two. Probably speaks to the progression systems at endgame.
-Shred

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
4 weeks ago#7
It's pretty much the same. I am however doing the world quest on my main everyday since they added paragon reps in. I like collecting stuff and even though there is no mounts there are toys and pets. Incursions (legion invasions for BfA) are in the game also great for rep and I'm leveling alts through those now also. Usually I don't touch alts until toward the ends of an xpac already in BfA I have 5 120's and my hunter just got to 117, take that how you will I take it as the current state of the game is pretty bad.
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
4 weeks ago#8
There is a high probability that 8.2 will be the real expansion. Watch the video From Bellular I posted in this thread. I’m definitely coming back before 8.2.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/77368001?page=2
Kill the King....the King is Dead....Long Live the King....I am the King....Dave Mustaine

Blackstar110
4 weeks ago#9
Anacrusys posted...
There is a high probability that 8.2 will be the real expansion. Watch the video From Bellular I posted in this thread. I’m definitely coming back before 8.2.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/77368001?page=2

Hope you’re right. I’ll watch the video. Bellular might have been the guy I mentioned who articulated so well what I was feeling but couldn’t put to words.
-Shred

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
4 weeks ago#10
I am subbed until Lost Ark comes out. And bam! I am gone.
"The Emperor protects."
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Do I dare ask how 8.1 is?
  • Topic Archived