• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Countdown to classic: 15 years of WoW

User Info: big_pimper

big_pimper
1 month ago#1
The official vanilla wow classic thread countdown
It’s been 15 years wowers
Time to hop on that hype train time machine because we going back to the glory days
Taylor swift crew Selena Gomez crew robin sparkles Pokimane crew

User Info: Revenanced

Revenanced
1 month ago#2
I just wish that I had some time to put into a PvP grind. I'll probably grind to 11 no matter what, but much more than that requires an awful lot of time.

Still, the raid gear is pretty good, just not for running flags.

The only question now: Druid or Warrior?
[PS4 Pro Owner][XB1 Owner][Switch Owner][Final Fantasy][Tales][Overwatch][Mass Effect][Elder Scrolls]!
T>10>7>9>8>15>6>1>2>13>12

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
1 month ago#3
Go Rouge, it contours the cheeks.
https://media.tenor.com/images/ba9d412c253f22d44f44687807b4e7ac/tenor.gif
Looking for Steam Friends: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198297666395/

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#4
I'm definitely rolling a warrior, I'm just not sure which race. Kind of a coin flip between gnome and human. I'll probably do a warlock too. That's another tossup between human and gnome. I'm leaning more towards human though, since I still have my gnome lock from vanilla and I'm really attached to his demons. If there's a way to import my demon names I'll definitely go gnome, if not then probably human.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
I'll be a Hunter. I wanted to be a paladin, but I heard they sucked in vanilla.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#6
It's just ret that wasn't really great I think, prot and holy were still nice to have. And I think the big problem with ret was sustainability, you'd OOM and just have to autoattack til your potion came off cooldown. Blood Elves improved that a lot, with Seal of Vengeance I think it was called. Rets (and Prot) got a talent that restored mana equivalent to a percentage of healing you received. Seal of Vengeance would also damage the user, giving them a constant trickle of mana, on top of also being the highest DPS seal/judgement. Belves also had mana tap, definitely the race to play if you wanted to play ret in BC.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there

User Info: Honorable_D

Honorable_D
1 month ago#7
Prot paly was not a viable tank in vanilla. It was warrior for raids or GTFO.

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#8
You definitely wanted a warrior for bosses but prot pallies were still great for trash and general dungeon-ing. That's why I called them nice to have rather than a must have like a prot warrior would be

User Info: Revenanced

Revenanced
1 month ago#9
PhilOnDez posted...
You definitely wanted a warrior for bosses but prot pallies were still great for trash and general dungeon-ing. That's why I called them nice to have rather than a must have like a prot warrior would be

There's always that one player who think that their bear or pally tank should be an exception to the rules. And while, they're occasionally nice to have I really think they're a waste of a slot.

The only exceptions I'm willing to make are for 1 shadow priest and 1 enhancement shaman.
[PS4 Pro Owner][XB1 Owner][Switch Owner][Final Fantasy][Tales][Overwatch][Mass Effect][Elder Scrolls]!
T>10>7>9>8>15>6>1>2>13>12

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
1 month ago#10
Pretty much all Paladins did was refresh their 5 min buffs on everyone. That was their real job. If you want to Tank then play a Warrior.

I'm excited to have Priest racial spells back, and Bloodlust only on the Horde side. I'm also excited to tame things and then have to tame better pets just to unlock the higher version of a skill I want my pet to learn. Not kidding, I liked doing that kind of thing.
I have a great signature, the best. It's such a great signature. Nobody has a better signature than I do. I have the best signature, ask anyone
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Countdown to classic: 15 years of WoW
  • Topic Archived