• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. what happens if WoW classic is a bigger hit than BfA?

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
4 weeks ago#31
Vindris_SNH posted...
Classic will be more popular than live servers when it releases, I guarantee it. Back in October it was leaked that WoW had only 1.7 million subs. Vanilla WoW had over 8 million subs and it had never stopped going up.

..You mean the leak from an addon user that said the numbers were inaccurate and shouldn't be taken seriously?

Not..Not the best way to start off a post, let alone the fact that you're comparing a game that was new and effectively reinvented the MMO wheel to be more casual friendly to the eight expansion of a fourteen year old game.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: Hohei

Hohei
4 weeks ago#32
Then people will be happy and Blizzard will still be getting 15 a month from them because you need an active sub to use it.

It doesn't even need to be a big hit or bigger than retail. They don't even need to do anything with the server because they don't have to worry about patching it or updating it. All they really need is 1 PvE and 1 PvP server operational, maybe 1 RP server if enough people care (and following that, RP-PVP).

As long as the server can handle however many people log on to it, and the added sub costs make it a positive return, who cares.
Biscuits and gravy.

User Info: Revenanced

Revenanced
4 weeks ago#33
I'm hoping to see 3 or 4 servers open up. I'm least interested in any sort of RP realms. Even then, I imagine you'll still have high pops during peak, and medium population non-peak.
[PS4 Pro Owner][XB1 Owner][Switch Owner][Final Fantasy][Tales][Overwatch][Mass Effect][Elder Scrolls]!
T>10>7>9>8>15>6>1>2>13>12
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. what happens if WoW classic is a bigger hit than BfA?
  • Topic Archived