• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does Blizzard find the Alliance boring?
nocturnal traveler 3 months ago#1
Every expansion is always Horde focused. The closest the Alliance got was Wotlk, but the hero was from a neutral party.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412
(message deleted)

User Info: Emerald_Wyvern

Emerald_Wyvern
3 months ago#3
It does become a legit issue when 95% of the dev team plays Horde with the director taking pride in never playing an Alliance char. They need fresh blood who can spin interesting stories for Alliance while also not regurgitating the same Warchief goes evil story for Horde.
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
3 months ago#4
I like Gnomes and the Alliance armor color scheme. That's about it.
https://media.tenor.com/images/ba9d412c253f22d44f44687807b4e7ac/tenor.gif

User Info: Ulfar

Ulfar
3 months ago#5
Vanilla and TBC were pretty balanced but Wotlk was the last time the Alliance were actually relevant to the story. Since then its mostly waiting for Horde to do something and then experiencing a watered down version of the same story. It's really hit rock bottom with BfA. The leveling/questing just doesn't compare with the Zandalari being far more interesting than the Kul Tirans even though it remains a pretty s*** expansion. It finally happened and the boredom has made me switch factions, for now anyway.

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
3 months ago#6
Do you not consider Draenei or Night Elves as Alliance factions?
Because Legion was overwhelmingly about them and the Horde was AFK the whole expansion.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv
nocturnal traveler 3 months ago#7
Sylvanas was the one mostly doing stuff, and everybody else was helping the Nighborne (a Horde race). Other than that, Illidan took center stage.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412

User Info: Ulfar

Ulfar
3 months ago#8
MajinUltima posted...
Do you not consider Draenei or Night Elves as Alliance factions?

Elves in general get far too much undeserved attention in the game, and Draenei are just boring Protoss in WoW. The Velen and lllidan show was unbearable and I think it's generally agreed that Argus was the worst part of Legion by far. In contrast Horde got Suramar which was hell to navigate but was still better designed. Props to Highmountain being fun as well.

User Info: Mortoast

Mortoast
3 months ago#9
The alliance is also and often openly mocked at blizzard just about every year, like for example when they were talking about the new Arathi brawl, where we go up against bots. During the panel, at the bottom it said "Sorry Alliance" or something from this years blizzcon.

There's also the "Corpsegrinder" incident that happened at blizzcon several years ago.
I love my fluffy dragon <3
"Excellence is not an art, its pure habit. We are what we repeatedly do." - The Edge

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
3 months ago#10
nocturnal traveler posted...
Sylvanas was the one mostly doing stuff, and everybody else was helping the Nighborne (a Horde race). Other than that, Illidan took center stage.

So suddenly you ignore that whole Emerald Nightmare and Argus thing because it's inconvenient.

"Legion doesn't count!" is more of the "Horde bias" crowd being delusional. It doesn't 'count' when we're following Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Turalyon, or Alleria around because they "weren't Alliance" when we were doing it at the same time the same people turn around and claim following Thrall in Cataclysm was "helping the Horde." If you're claiming "Nightborne are Horde!" after the fact the same thing applies to the Lightforged.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does Blizzard find the Alliance boring?
  • Topic Archived