• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. The "classic" community is making me vomit

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
3 months ago#81
Ness0123456789 posted...
I'd still swap 2 and 3 around, to be honest.

I wouldn't. FFXI got very streamlined a few years back. With the inclusion of trusts and massive XP gains, while the abilities are still there while leveling, you just fly through the leveling so fast now.

Ness0123456789 posted...
Even FFXI now has a more interesting leveling process than Classic WoW did.

I said Classic was more substantial than what FFXI has now, not necessarily more enjoyable. It plays a larger role in the game. I will always have a weak spot for FFXI leveling, though.

That said, if you want to include Merit Points and Capacity Points as leveling, despite being max level content, I'd say that makes it far more debatable.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Revenanced

Revenanced
3 months ago#82
I don't think I've ever heard someone say, "Leveling in Classic WoW is fun and exciting." It's a slog at best and an eye melting grind at worst. The addition of abilities doesn't make the experience any better. If you level a druid, you basically have to bleed everything to death until level 36(?) until you get furious bite which is basically eviscerate. Similarly, if you're a priest it's much more efficient to go into the disc tree and get improved wand specialization because shadow is very difficult to enjoy as it's not efficient until the mid 30s.
[PS4 Pro Owner][XB1 Owner][Switch Owner][Final Fantasy][Tales][Overwatch][Mass Effect][Elder Scrolls]!
T>10>7>9>8>15>6>1>2>13>12

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
3 months ago#83
Revenanced posted...
I don't think I've ever heard someone say, "Leveling in Classic WoW is fun and exciting." It's a slog at best and an eye melting grind at worst. The addition of abilities doesn't make the experience any better. If you level a druid, you basically have to bleed everything to death until level 36(?) until you get furious bite which is basically eviscerate. Similarly, if you're a priest it's much more efficient to go into the disc tree and get improved wand specialization because shadow is very difficult to enjoy as it's not efficient until the mid 30s.

I don't think people realized how much more fun it was to put together a group and run SFK than it is to just join LFG and run through a 5 man as fast as possible without talking unless it's to comment on what someone is doing wrong.
Currently Playing: Tangledeep, World of Warcraft, League of Legends
Last Beat: Total War: Warhammer 1

User Info: Revenanced

Revenanced
3 months ago#84
Putting together a party is definitely much funner and have the fun is getting there! On the other hand, you can easily spend +30 minutes just on party creation and it totally sucks if you're unable to summon someone with a warlock if a party members disconnects or leaves. I'm in favor of lots of QoL additions to WoW Classic but dungeon finder isn't one of them.
[PS4 Pro Owner][XB1 Owner][Switch Owner][Final Fantasy][Tales][Overwatch][Mass Effect][Elder Scrolls]!
T>10>7>9>8>15>6>1>2>13>12

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
3 months ago#85
WoodenRook posted...
Revenanced posted...

I don't think people realized how much more fun it was to put together a group and run SFK than it is to just join LFG and run through a 5 man as fast as possible without talking unless it's to comment on what someone is doing wrong.

I would disagree with the fun part. If you are a Tank or Healer or a class with CC you're fine. If you are not one of those three you'll have to just try and get in a group that needs one more and hope you whisper first. It's more tedious is all.

Although, typing "LFM Need 4 More" was surprisingly effective.
I have a great signature, the best. It's such a great signature. Nobody has a better signature than I do. I have the best signature, ask anyone

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
3 months ago#86
WoodenRook posted...
See, this is my point though. You did see level 60 characters hanging around Barrens and the perspective that end game content is the only content to consider is incorrect when you're talking about Classic. You can't ignore the leveling experience for classic like you can for all the expansions.

I don't remember seeing any 60's in the Barrens. What would they be doing there?

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
3 months ago#87
redundancies posted...
WoodenRook posted...
See, this is my point though. You did see level 60 characters hanging around Barrens and the perspective that end game content is the only content to consider is incorrect when you're talking about Classic. You can't ignore the leveling experience for classic like you can for all the expansions.

I don't remember seeing any 60's in the Barrens. What would they be doing there?

Crossroads pvp or running a friend through WC. But you're right, besiess those two reasons there was no reason for a 60 to be there other than to idle or roleplay.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
3 months ago#88
redundancies posted...

Deviate Fish.

User Info: thronedfire2

thronedfire2
3 months ago#89
Ness0123456789 posted...
redundancies posted...
WoodenRook posted...

Crossroads pvp or running a friend through WC. But you're right, besiess those two reasons there was no reason for a 60 to be there other than to idle or roleplay.

The ‘end game content’ he was talking about is ganking lvl 15s and camping quest givers, because actual end game content was too challenging for some people
I could see you, but I couldn't hear you You were holding your hat in the breeze Turning away from me In this moment you were stolen...

User Info: IronWolf87

IronWolf87
3 months ago#90
Classic isn't going far enough. People should only be allowed to play classic with computers from circa 2004-2006.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. The "classic" community is making me vomit
  • Topic Archived