• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I'm just not attached as attached to my gear as I used to be.

User Info: tote_all

tote_all
3 months ago#61
tote_all posted...
You havent answered. What do you currently have going on in your life?

@Joker_X_II
sigless user

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
3 months ago#62
tote_all posted...
tote_all posted...

@Joker_X_II

@tote_all ask him for his armory. That stymies him completely because he is a casual and won't admit it.
I have a great signature, the best. It's such a great signature. Nobody has a better signature than I do. I have the best signature, ask anyone

User Info: LTGsActingCoach

LTGsActingCoach
3 months ago#63
redundancies posted...
But I can tell you exactly what weapons I used in Legion since they were story-relevant, and the Arcanocrystal was the most chased trinket in the expansion. We haven't seen much in BfA but we're also only halfway through the first raid tier.

It's for different reasons though. I would say the weapons you know them because you used them for 2 years, it's not really something you hunted for, it's something that was freely given and naturally upgraded over time. The reason I know my weapons in BC and Wolk is cause i hunted them for a long time and in some cases fought months and months for them.

The arcanocrystal is actually a good argument, i'll give you that. As is Convergence of Fates but that's really it for me and although they were good, they weren't exactly difficult to obtain. Tedious? Yes, but everyone had access to weathered Jim and everyone had access to LFR. So, where I would give some credit is that despite the methods of obtaining these trinkets they were still good and felt good for more than one tier. CoF was bis for me all the way until BFA and Arcanocrystal was BiS for everyone until heroic antorus and even then only the world drop stopped being BiS. But in a sea of gear.. that's really all i remember. I had already forgotten about CoF until i had to look it up for this post and it's that feeling of personal connection that i miss in my gear.

Hope that clears things up!

tote_all
3 months ago#64
ImBadAtGames posted...
tote_all posted...
tote_all posted...

@Joker_X_II

@tote_all ask him for his armory. That stymies him completely because he is a casual and won't admit it.

Lmfao
sigless user

tote_all
3 months ago#65
@Joker_X_II

Show us your armory.
sigless user

User Info: Darksteel

Darksteel
3 months ago#66
I just read this thread and I’m glad I did. This Joker guy is hilarious.
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
3 months ago#67
@tote_all He is either not showing back up in this topic. Or he is writing a multi-post manifesto about how we are all alts, he doesn't have to show us his armory because we wouldn't believe him, and something about LFR and Casuals ruining his game (even though he is a total casual).
I have a great signature, the best. It's such a great signature. Nobody has a better signature than I do. I have the best signature, ask anyone

tote_all
3 months ago#68
ImBadAtGames posted...
@tote_all He is either not showing back up in this topic. Or he is writing a multi-post manifesto about how we are all alts, he doesn't have to show us his armory because we wouldn't believe him, and something about LFR and Casuals ruining his game (even though he is a total casual).

Maybe he realized his reasons for being here at all are unhealthy and he us moving on to be a better person?
sigless user

User Info: Blak4xis

Blak4xis
3 months ago#69
Well, that was a trip to read.

Aaaaaaaaaanyways, to toss my two cents in on the gear discussion, I'll admit, gear definitely had more of an identity back when raids were less accessible (especially the weapons), but I tend to attribute the lack of attachment to more than just that. To me, gear kind of congealed together when I started raiding more often. There definitely were those weapons that I got attached to (hell, I still have my first epic weapon from TBC, and from Wrath when I became more dedicated to raiding, I still have The Turning Tide from KT and remember the rush I got when I won it), but a lot of that was because they were my earlier pieces of gear.

Now that I'm more familiar with raiding and how the game works overall, gear just feels more like a means to an end. I'm more concerned about stats and effects than I am the item's identity itself. There's a lot of people who complain about how epics lost their luster when they were made purchasable through reputations and/or badge gear, but people often overlook that those were meant to be stepping stones to get people into raiding. Hell, it definitely helped me out getting into it.

I get that for a lot of older players, gear represented some grand level of prestige and that it felt hurt when more people started getting it, but the good, harder to get gear never really went away. I probably couldn't tell you the name of my weapons aside from "I have the crit/haste wand from x and a crit/verse OH from y", but I probably couldn't tell you the name of my weapons back in Cata of Mists either, not unless it looked really cool.

I can understand valuing the aesthetics of an item and having it feel like yours, but when I see people complaining about how their "385 raid item doesn't feel special because someone somewhere is running around with a 335 purple item in the same slot they got from a quest", I feel like they miss the point of gear or feel upset over people with less skill or time having access to similar content.

Blizzard's made it pretty clear that they want the game to be accessible to most people, and honestly I can't really blame them. Having more content that has a wider spectrum of difficulty and rewards does dilute the "uniqueness" of items, but with items being added with each patch? Eh, the luster would have gone away even if things like LFR and 'welfare epics' didn't exist.
So fresh and clean.
PSN: reixes

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
3 months ago#70
tote_all posted...
ImBadAtGames posted...

Maybe he realized his reasons for being here at all are unhealthy and he us moving on to be a better person?

i hardly have enough free time to spend on entertainment i love. ill never understand people who waste energy on products that they hate. a lot of the time it feels like this website is one of these peoples only emotional outlets. like ryanel not about to drop one of his rants on fb/twitter/reddit/etc
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I'm just not attached as attached to my gear as I used to be.
  • Topic Archived