• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I'm just not attached as attached to my gear as I used to be.

User Info: LTGsActingCoach

LTGsActingCoach
2 months ago#1
Edit: screwed up the title. Boom. Self burn.

So, I consider myself a pretty casual player. I just got AOTC last week and for my goals in the game, this hit everything I was hoping to hit.

I haven't put in much time in terms of "grinding", my necklace is barely level 25 and i don't have a single reputation exalted yet.

The current state for me is that if I want to be able to fulfill my goals and not be a carry to the team, all I have to do is the following. Log in once a day, check if there's an azerite piece chest. Log in on saturday for an hour and complete my +10. Log in for 3 hours on Monday and complete my heroic. This has been my schedule for about 2 months. I put maybe about 5 hours/week into WoW under my main character and maybe an additional 2 under my other character.

Nothing feels impactful. For as many 385-395s that I have, none of it really matters because I know they're temporary. I don't know the name of my weapon or my offhand. I don't know where my gear comes from just that, at one point, I got it. I feel like for my level of commitment I should be, at best, in introductory raid gear.. nowhere near passing the 350 mark.. yet here I sit at 375. I felt the same way towards the end of WoD because after killing archimonde, all i would really do was just log in once a day/ever couple days to do some emissaries.

I just don't feel the rush of getting a titanforge. I don't feel the thrill of getting the weapon i've been hunting for. It seems like a loot piñata with random bosses or events attached to them. The one saving grace I suppose is that I do enjoy the raids and being in a group of people trying to kill a boss. But the thrill is gone and I don't know if i'll necessarily get it back in the future. Who knows.

User Info: Joker_X_II

Joker_X_II
2 months ago#2
Preach on, brother....

Epics haven't been "epic" since WLK (as Legion killed off Legendaries too).

As if "titanforging" was supposed to bring that feeling back too; it's funny Activision thinks that it would.
PSA: "Real Gamers*" don't pay for Micro-transactions.
*Pro-tip: You're not 'playing' the game, if you're paying your way through it.

User Info: lgmsse

lgmsse
2 months ago#3
I also think the changes to ilvl hurt the feeling of gear too.

There's no difference between green gear of purple gear besides the color of the name. If you somehow got a green item with a ilvl of 340 it would have the same stats as an epic with the same ilvl.

Where even after the first stat squish a green would have to be at least a few ilvls higher to have the same stats. Now the only reason the item is epic because of where you got it from rather then stats. Well this was sort of the case in Legion too, bfa turned it up to another level.

Greens: Normal quests while leveling
Blues: Dungeons, and final quests in chains
Purple: Raids and max level pve events.

Makes me wonder why even keep the colors at all.

LTGsActingCoach
2 months ago#4
It's funny you say that. My WOLK DK is still intact. I kind of "froze" her in place after WOLK ended but she's full BIS with enchants, gems, shadowmourne, the whole deal. I logged in on her yesterday to run a dungeon or two and i noticed 2 things:

1) My heroic ICC gear had the same ilvl/stats as my shadowmourne. Respectively, the ilvls used to be 277 for ICC heroic vs 284 for shadowmourne.

2) My blood dk had 17.1k hp. I ran into a level 110 warlock with 16k.

So that's 2 interesting points right there but honestly this mostly speaks to the 120 content.

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
2 months ago#5
Gear not actually mattering is what hurts the most IMO. I don't even know the name of my weapon right now but I can tell you my first epic weapon I got in bc as Prot Warrior was Emerald Ripper and I finished the expansion using The Unbreakable Will. With Mallet of the Tides for the majority of the time in-between. Also, the goddamn Sun Eater never wanted to drop for me.

In BfA ? Well... as a DH I had some generic glaive then... some random other blue glaive then I got two of the fancy raid glaives on MOTHER on each difficulty. Their name ? I dunno.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: WoW, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

LTGsActingCoach
2 months ago#6
DartDragoon posted...
Gear not actually mattering is what hurts the most IMO. I don't even know the name of my weapon right now but I can tell you my first epic weapon I got in bc as Prot Warrior was Emerald Ripper and I finished the expansion using The Unbreakable Will. With Mallet of the Tides for the majority of the time in-between. Also, the goddamn Sun Eater never wanted to drop for me.

In BfA ? Well... as a DH I had some generic glaive then... some random other blue glaive then I got two of the fancy raid glaives on MOTHER on each difficulty. Their name ? I dunno.

Exactly, I can tell you every trinket i used in BC and WOLK on all the toons. I can tell you exactly which weapons i used on my characters in BC and WOLK, hell even early Cata. This is because the drops meant something to me. When I got Glorenzelg from LK 25 man, i didn't think "ok... now i need to come back next week and hope for a warforged one".

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#7
lgmsse posted...

There's no difference between green gear of purple gear besides the color of the name. If you somehow got a green item with a ilvl of 340 it would have the same stats as an epic with the same ilvl.

Roll an Enchanter and you'll quickly notice the difference.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: FedEx_Corp

FedEx_Corp
2 months ago#8
The problem is M+.
My alt went from 330 to 375 from running M+ in 2 weeks with guildies.
While my main barely gets any upgrades, just sitting at 383 due to 370 weapon and trinkets.

User Info: tote_all

tote_all
2 months ago#9
@Joker_X_II posted...
Preach on, brother....

As if "titanforging" was supposed to bring that feeling back too; it's funny Activision thinks that it would.

Why do you still play this game?
sigless user

LTGsActingCoach
2 months ago#10
tote_all posted...
@Joker_X_II posted...
Preach on, brother....

Why do you still play this game?

I know the question is directed at him but i'll give my answer on it.

It's the connections i've made over the years. Outside of WoW we don't have very much in common so even if it's just going to raid a few nights a week or doing mythic+, I still enjoy spending time with them. I'd gladly pay $15/month to keep in touch with the friends ive played with over the years and continue to run content with them. It doesn't really take away, though, from the frustrations i vocalized earlier.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I'm just not attached as attached to my gear as I used to be.
  • Topic Archived