Question About New Races

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Question About New Races

User Info: GundamXionaz

GundamXionaz
3 months ago#1
Good morning everyone, I've been a long time player or WoW since the BETA days and I am looking forward to playing again when the new expansion launches later this year. However, I really want to try one of the new races (maybe Void Elf?) when the game launches but from what I keep hearing they are all locked behind a rep grind. I was curious if Blizzard has mentioned anything along the lines of they will be unlocked when the expansion hits... or anything of the sort.

I am hoping to get back into WoW later this year and try something "new" but my excitement will quickly die if I have to do anymore grinding for a reskinned elf. I've already done enough grinding (Insane title back in the day) and I am looking to just have some fun for once. Thanks again for your responses and have a good day!
3DS Friend Code: 0275 - 7505 - 1517 -- Xbox Live Gamertag: GundamXionaz -- PSN ID: GundamXionaz

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
3 months ago#2
No news on removing the rep grind.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

GundamXionaz
3 months ago#3
Azardea posted...

Well that sucks. Here's hoping I won't have to and I can play one of the new races!
3DS Friend Code: 0275 - 7505 - 1517 -- Xbox Live Gamertag: GundamXionaz -- PSN ID: GundamXionaz

User Info: Al-Uzza

Al-Uzza
3 months ago#4
It really doesn't take long to do.

User Info: NuramaTheBD

NuramaTheBD
3 months ago#5
Al-Uzza posted...

Two weeks minimum, not that long.. Lol... I did it but hated myself every second of it.
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

User Info: ultraroboninja

ultraroboninja
3 months ago#6
It's not really grinding if you've never done it before. It's just... the game. It's certainly not anything like old school WoW grinding. I unlocked all 4 of the current Allied races just by playing normally, before they were even announced.
"So continues Earth's ceaseless orbit around the sun, a slow trudge toward an oblivion none of us will ever see." -Nathan Grayson

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
3 months ago#7
GundamXionaz posted...
Azardea posted...

Well that sucks. Here's hoping I won't have to and I can play one of the new races!

They're likely not going to remove the rep grind, if they ever do, until late into BfA's lifespan, after more Allied Races have been released (which will also have some form of a requirement to unlock, be that more rep grinding, or finishing major quest lines).

Either way, if you want to play your re-skinned elf, then you're best bet is to start playing Legion now (which you should anyways, because Legion is friggen great), and work on it while the content's still relevant.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

GundamXionaz
3 months ago#8
Ness0123456789 posted...
GundamXionaz posted...
Azardea posted...

They're likely not going to remove the rep grind, if they ever do, until late into BfA's lifespan, after more Allied Races have been released (which will also have some form of a requirement to unlock, be that more rep grinding, or finishing major quest lines).

Either way, if you want to play your re-skinned elf, then you're best bet is to start playing Legion now (which you should anyways, because Legion is friggen great), and work on it while the content's still relevant.

Maybe I’ll start up my account again. I was just hoping this was something I could jump right in too. Here’s hoping getting to played one of the allied races with no reputeirin required is one of the “perks” this time around!

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
3 months ago#9
NuramaTheBD posted...
Al-Uzza posted...

Two weeks minimum, not that long.. Lol... I did it but hated myself every second of it.

Are we really to the point where putting in two weeks into a game (especially an MMO) is excessive?

User Info: Al-Uzza

Al-Uzza
3 months ago#10
redundancies posted...
Are we really to the point where putting in two weeks into a game (especially an MMO) is excessive?

Seems like it. It's not even 2 weeks with rep missions, even less with alts and rep missions.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Question About New Races

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived