Can i play a toon from 12 years ago?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Can i play a toon from 12 years ago?

User Info: ALF_fan

ALF_fan
4 months ago#1
I wonder if my old toon still exists in Blizzard's database xD

he was a level 60 troll mage btw

User Info: Ogurisama

Ogurisama
4 months ago#2
If he was never deleted yes

Only thing is might have to do a name change
http://cdn-android.apptap.com/img/870/mobi.colortrilogy.bitlink/267135850.png
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/5/uv4r7nGyrE6ylt2lHGWpiQ2.gif

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
4 months ago#3
Although if you had no account security then some gold farming company in China has probably already stripped your toon clean of everything and may have also deleted them (although I don't know why they delete toons... seems rather spiteful)

User Info: toolittletime

toolittletime
4 months ago#4
As long as you have the email attached to the account you should be able to recover, accounts that are inactive for long periods seem to end up compromised quite often.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it lives its whole life believing it's stupid. Albert Einstein

User Info: Mortoast

Mortoast
4 months ago#5
It's possible, I got my old hunter back that I deleted back in wrath or at least around there. I opened up one ticket and I got a typical vague GM answer, followed up with another ticket and I was able to restore my hunter despite not being in the list of deleted characters. My advice is to provide as much information as possible character name, server, anything you can think of.
I love my fluffy dragon <3
"Excellence is not an art, its pure habit. We are what we repeatedly do." - The Edge

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
4 months ago#6
Ogurisama posted...
If he was never deleted yes

Only thing is might have to do a name change

Deleted doesn't matter. You have the ability to restore a character every 15 days.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Smug_Anime_Face

Smug_Anime_Face
4 months ago#7
Deleted does matter I have characters from classic, BC, and WotLK not on the list

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
4 months ago#8
Smug_Anime_Face posted...
Deleted does matter I have characters from classic, BC, and WotLK not on the list

It doesn't. As even mentioned in this thread, GMs still have access to it. So even in the rare case where you can't manually Character Restore it yourself, it's still there.

The only time it matters is if you're trying to restore a character outside of normal requirements, such as below level 10.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Smug_Anime_Face

Smug_Anime_Face
4 months ago#9
Then why can't they restore all my blessed sets from the WOTLK prerelease event if they have records that far back? I just have access to the plate shoulders and nothing else and they said theres no proof I ever had any other pieces through multiple tickets.

User Info: ALF_fan

ALF_fan
4 months ago#10
OP here thanks for all your responses. I couldn't log in to my original account so i just made a new account with my current email and made another troll mage with the same name xD. I have a question though does the leveling get harder? I'm only level 4 but its so easy i dont remember the leveling in Durotar to be this easy back when I played vanilla.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Can i play a toon from 12 years ago?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived