"Engineering is the most selfish profession."

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. "Engineering is the most selfish profession."

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
4 months ago#1
Well, excuse me. I am sorry that my Auto Hammers, Mailbox, and Failure Detection Pylon for wipe protection were selfish.

I had an jackass friend call Engineering the "most selfish profession" because it didn't make things like Bags or Flasks and it angered me, but also because I had heard it before.

If anyone thinks that, you're wrong. Repair Bots, Jeeves, Auto Hammers now, the Pylons, etc. make Engineering able to bring something not always available (especially with brez/soulstone CDs and places where you cannot mount to repair).

Engineering can be the difference of getting an extra hour's worth of attempts on relevant content because you're not having to run back/repair most of (if not all) wipes during progression.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: Joker_X_II

Joker_X_II
4 months ago#2
What makes Engineering selfish is the mounts that can only be used by those with the profession.

Doesn't make sense that you yourself raised character and max out the engineering profession to make said mounts, but you can't use them on alts like every other mount across your account?
PSA: "Real Gamers*" don't pay for Micro-transactions.
*Pro-tip: You're not 'playing' the game, if you're paying your way through it.

SilentZed
4 months ago#3
Joker_X_II posted...
What makes Engineering selfish is the mounts that can only be used by those with the profession.

Doesn't make sense that you yourself raised character and max out the engineering profession to make said mounts, but you can't use them on alts like every other mount across your account?

A lot of professions are like that, though.

Engineering has engineering only helms.

BS has BS specific quadruple buffs.

Tailoring has the flying carpets which are tailor specific.

Alchemists have Alchemist Stones which are Alchemist specific, and gets longer flasks, etc.

Leatherworkers have a leatherworker only mount, and again get quadruple buffs for things like Saddles.

You can't single out Engineering when plenty of other professions do similar things.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 months ago#4
SilentZed posted...
Leatherworkers have a leatherworker only mount, and again get quadruple buffs for things like Saddles.

While Leatherworkers can only make it for themselves, anyone can ride it.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

SilentZed
4 months ago#5
Amakusa posted...
SilentZed posted...

While Leatherworkers can only make it for themselves, anyone can ride it.

Oh, my bad, then. Rest of the points stand, though.

User Info: XenoMecha

XenoMecha
4 months ago#6
If you are having conversations with friends about WoW trade skills that result in this much angst you need to reevaluate your life.
Steam: XenoMecha

User Info: Missiletainn

Missiletainn
4 months ago#7
The correct response would be: “So what?” I’m an alchemist and I definitely chose it for myself. What I can do for others is a distant second.
FC: 3883-6019-3353

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
4 months ago#8
Min/Max yourself to support your group. That's obvious.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. "Engineering is the most selfish profession."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived