• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Allied race unlock. Let me get this straight...

User Info: DigitalDice

DigitalDice
1 year ago#11
Aceron posted...
If doing the things that get you rep isn't fun for you, I'd really question why you'd want to get back into WoW.

This. If the rep requirements were somehow dropped, I wonder how many of these would be leveling speed threads instead.

User Info: jordangold527

jordangold527
1 year ago#12
Missiletainn posted...
Blizzard gave you people months warning about these unlock requirements, plus almost two years to just have the quest lines and exalted reps completed, and you still can’t get it done? Have you all never played a video game without cheats before?

Well, it's more because I have other obligations in my life and when I only have maybe 7-13 hours a month to actually play it seems like a lost cause to spend the money on the game at all. I haven't had two years to do all that grinding on my favorite chars. I don't have 1-2 hours a day to spend grinding on my highest level characters for two months in order to have what I need for unlocking one or two of the 6 new races coming out. Sorry, but I guess I'm just too casual or something?
()_()
(*-*) they're watching you...

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
1 year ago#13
Well, it's more because I have other obligations in my life and when I only have maybe 7-13 hours a month to actually play it seems like a lost cause to spend the money on the game at all. I haven't had two years to do all that grinding on my favorite chars. I don't have 1-2 hours a day to spend grinding on my highest level characters for two months in order to have what I need for unlocking one or two of the 6 new races coming out. Sorry, but I guess I'm just too casual or something?

Casual is not a bad thing and MMO's aren't for most people. Good thing is you have tons of options to fill your gaming void without the time and money investment that a MMO requires.
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 year ago#14
jordangold527 posted...
Missiletainn posted...
Blizzard gave you people months warning about these unlock requirements, plus almost two years to just have the quest lines and exalted reps completed, and you still can’t get it done? Have you all never played a video game without cheats before?

If you only have 7-13 hours a MONTH to play a video game, then the MMO genre simply isn’t for you.

Blizzard wants the allied races to be something the player works towards, and feels accomplished for unlocking. People like you who have extremely limited time to play are in the huge minority, and are not the kind of players Blizzard caters to, nor should cater to.

If your free time to play video games is thst heavily limited, then stick to single player games, or possibly find another hobby all together.

But that aside I’ll reiterate what I dsid before - WoW and the MMO genre are not for you, or people like you with that limited of free time to play, nor should they ever be designed around that limited if gameplay time.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: emidas

emidas
1 year ago#15
jordangold527 posted...
Missiletainn posted...

7-13 hours per month? Yeah, you're in the wrong genre.
i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB | Crucial M4 256GB | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance LP
http://i.imgur.com/3yaehOJ.gif http://i.imgur.com/pj1VJu4.jpg

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
1 year ago#16
My guild went into hiatus after clearing out ToS Heroic a few times and I only just recently resubbed. I had to do the whole Argus thing and i'm doing WQs almost every day trying to get to Exalted and with those two new reps and it's taking foreveeeeer. I don't blame returning players that it's extremely time-consuming and time-gated to unlock the races, especially the alliance ones...
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball Fighter Z, South Park: Fractured But Whole, Let It Die
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Allied race unlock. Let me get this straight...
  • Topic Archived