My prediction for future WOW storylines...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

User Info: immadbro

immadbro
4 months ago#81
redundancies posted...
immadbro posted...
You clearly have no argument as to why Sylvanas being Warchief of the horde makes no sense so I'll just skip that.

It makes sense because Sylvanas is a ruthless, take-no-prisoners leader

So was Garrosh... and we all know what happened to him...

Wait, hang on, Garrosh is a better character than Sylvanas, my bad.

You clearly haven't a clue about what happened in the lore, go read some real books, not this chronicles retcon s***, this argument is about how WOW ruined the Warcraft series.

My god you wow fanboys are the most braindead people I've ever met in my life. You are too lazy to read anything other than the Chronicles.

Plus when were the forsaken betrayed by the Alliance in Warcraft 3? They worked together to defeat Balnazzar, Garithos even let her leave peacefully. She just murdered him and all his men.

They never were.

Still, I cannot stress how bad of a character Sylvanas is.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4
3ds Friend Code: 1263-7002-2175

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
4 months ago#82
immadbro posted...
SilentZed posted...
immadbro posted...

The Forsaken are a pure evil faction that contest other pure evil factions. This is how it was in Warcraft 3. In WOW, the Forsaken are the good guys... what the f***!?

For spouting all of your knowledge of lore, you're completely forgetting the Forsaken are NOT a thing in Warcraft 3 and keep making the same mistake.

You're thinking The Scourge.

They are two different things with two different goals/leaders.

Legacy Of The Damned, go play it, the scourge are in Northrend, the Forsaken are in Lordaeron fighting the Dreadlord Insurgents.

It had been a while, though I didn't play I did forget we had actual missions playing as them, so I concede the point. For some reason I thought it was an afterthought with barely any touching, not a handful of missions showcasing them beginning their establishment in Lordaeron.

The only thing I will say isn't that WoW ruined things, something you're caught up on, it's the writers and business decisions. You can say WoW but that's like blaming someone the engineered disease itself vs. blaming the ones engineering the disease (in this case, Blizzard/Activision, and the fact the game itself has continued to be profitable through some very genius moves).

And they're all pretty poorly written at some point considering how long WoW has been going on. Someone mentioned comic books, long standing series that have to reinvent themselves/retcon things every so often because it's necessary. You say Sylvanas is a bad character, but how many heroes have we lost because Blizzard didn't know how to write compelling villains so just threw either generic bad guys with little backstory at us (The Burning Legion in the beginning of things) or took old heroes and corrupted them through plots, madness, magic overload, old god nonsense, etc.

We've all been sick of, "Oh look, another expansion. I wonder which heroes will go bad this time that we have to fight this time around." trope, even going so far as to using alternate timelines to give us fights (like End Times with Jaina, Tyrande, Sylvanas, etc. as villains).
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

immadbro
4 months ago#83
SilentZed posted...
immadbro posted...
SilentZed posted...
immadbro posted...

The Forsaken are a pure evil faction that contest other pure evil factions. This is how it was in Warcraft 3. In WOW, the Forsaken are the good guys... what the f***!?

For spouting all of your knowledge of lore, you're completely forgetting the Forsaken are NOT a thing in Warcraft 3 and keep making the same mistake.

You're thinking The Scourge.

They are two different things with two different goals/leaders.

Legacy Of The Damned, go play it, the scourge are in Northrend, the Forsaken are in Lordaeron fighting the Dreadlord Insurgents.

It had been a while, though I didn't play I did forget we had actual missions playing as them, so I concede the point. For some reason I thought it was an afterthought with barely any touching, not a handful of missions showcasing them beginning their establishment in Lordaeron.

The only thing I will say isn't that WoW ruined things, something you're caught up on, it's the writers and business decisions. You can say WoW but that's like blaming someone the engineered disease itself vs. blaming the ones engineering the disease (in this case, Blizzard/Activision, and the fact the game itself has continued to be profitable through some very genius moves).

Yes I do blame Blizzard and Activision... but I also blame WOW.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
4 months ago#84
immadbro posted...

We weren't actively fighting the Legion at the time. Besides, he kind of pissed everyone off in the Horde when he sent assassins after one of the other leaders.

immadbro posted...
You clearly haven't a clue about what happened in the lore, go read some real books, not this chronicles retcon s***, this argument is about how WOW ruined the Warcraft series.

Like it or not, the Chronicle books are "real books". And they still would have had to make new lore if they made Warcraft 4 (5, 6, etc) instead of WoW, so blaming it on WoW is short-sighted.

immadbro
4 months ago#85
redundancies posted...
immadbro posted...

We weren't actively fighting the Legion at the time. Besides, he kind of pissed everyone off in the Horde when he sent assassins after one of the other leaders.

immadbro posted...

Like it or not, the Chronicle books are "real books". And they still would have had to make new lore if they made Warcraft 4 (5, 6, etc) instead of WoW, so blaming it on WoW is short-sighted.

Why is the forsaken part of the Horde? That's simple, BALANCING.

The forsaken were an independent faction in WC3, they had to change it because they had to balance the horde to make them stronger, thus making a former independant race part of the horde.

That is literally the only reason for this change.

As for killing off nearly every hero in Warcraft 3, they did that because players needed loot pinata's to smash. Not because they wanted to kill all those characters anti-climatically

WOW caused it all. If a Warcraft 4 happened instead, the lore would have been completely different from WOW. Forsaken would be independent, Night Elves would be independent, Humans would be scattered and weak, Orcs would remain in durotar protecting their people from the humans of Kul'Tiras or any other human invader.

The scourge would be preparing for a massive attack on Azeroth, Kil'jaeden would be plotting to bring the legion back to Azeroth and to take down the Lich King. The Naga and blood elves would be holding back the scourge in Northrend, the Night Elves would be attempting to heal the plaguelands but would be contested by the Undead and would focus their efforts on them.

This is how the story was set by the end of Warcraft 3, WOW's existence changed it dramatically.

Chronicles are nothing but retcon and have no place in this discussion, they are s***ty ass fanfics, stop bringing them up in your argument because I don't care about that trash, it's a poor excuse to retcon everything in the Warcraft series.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
4 months ago#86
Sorry, chronicles and WoW are official lore that's canon and your opinion of what should've happened isn't. End of story, go ahead and continue being mad or learn how to suck it up and move on.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
4 months ago#87
immadbro posted...
fanfics

https://i.imgflip.com/1ppf75.jpg

immadbro
4 months ago#88
rawkuss posted...
Sorry, chronicles and WoW are official lore that's canon and your opinion of what should've happened isn't. End of story, go ahead and continue being mad or learn how to suck it up and move on.

I'm not stupid I'm aware that its canon, doesn't mean I have to accept it.

I will continue being mad at Activision Blizzard because they're an evil videogame publisher. I will do everything I can to make sure everybody knows how scummy they are, let alone how s***ty WOW is.

People who suck it up and move on are simpletons, just like you. Activision Blizzard want to silence me and I will not conform to them. I will never be silent, not for you or for them. I will always make Activision Blizzard know how trash they are and how trash WOW is. I have a right to speak my opinion. WOW lore sucks, Blizzard sucks, Activision sucks, Warcraft 3 was excellent.

You can't argue against my opinion like a desperate fanboy, it is what it is, don't like it then stop QQing and go elsewhere.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
4 months ago#89
Says the person QQing and not going elsewhere.

Keep fighting the imaginary power...

immadbro
4 months ago#90
rawkuss posted...
Says the person QQing and not going elsewhere.

Keep fighting the imaginary power...

I'm mocking the game's awful storyline, not QQing, there's a difference, you on the other hand are QQing.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived