My prediction for future WOW storylines...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
5 months ago#71
immadbro posted...
It's not an assumption, it's common sense. Like I said, the light is an energy source. Anyone can use the light's power as such with enough people using that power, you can match the power of gary stu light wielders.

So you claim. What if multiple users' power isn't additive? Going back to the Usain Bolt example, putting 50 people together don't make them run 50x faster.

Also, you know that Xe'ra is female, right? The trope is called "Mary Sue" and is only Gary Stu for guys.

immadbro posted...
The fact that she wants to continue her existence as an undead is proof that she is pure evil.

And I say, no, that's not proof that she's evil. Just because she's continuing her existence in a manner that you don't care for doesn't automatically make her evil. Undeath may be a tad unsavory, but the usage thereof isn't automatically evil.

User Info: immadbro

immadbro
5 months ago#72
redundancies posted...
immadbro posted...
It's not an assumption, it's common sense. Like I said, the light is an energy source. Anyone can use the light's power as such with enough people using that power, you can match the power of gary stu light wielders.

So you claim. What if multiple users' power isn't additive? Going back to the Usain Bolt example, putting 50 people together don't make them run 50x faster.

Also, you know that Xe'ra is female, right? The trope is called "Mary Sue" and is only Gary Stu for guys.

immadbro posted...
The fact that she wants to continue her existence as an undead is proof that she is pure evil.

And I say, no, that's not proof that she's evil. Just because she's continuing her existence in a manner that you don't care for doesn't automatically make her evil. Undeath may be a tad unsavory, but the usage thereof isn't automatically evil.

Yes it does make it evil because it defiles nature. Besides there's plenty of proof that Sylvanas is evil, she murdered Garithos and all of his men for her own gain. She also raises up new forsaken against their will rather than letting people die peacefully. That's called being evil.

In fact, Sylvanas is no differrent from the Dreadlords if you think about it, heck Varimathras even points that out in Warcraft 3. Why do you think the dreadlords offered her an invitation to join their order? Because Sylvanas was no differrent from them, they could tell that she was evil and knew that she would be useful to them because of it. After all, Dreadlords absolutely love being evil, it's their favourite thing to do... anything to do with evil... and they're there.

There's a differrence though, the dreadlords are considered bad guys yet Sylvanas is considered a hero.

Do I have to remind you that Sylvanas did basically nothing for the Horde in Warcraft 3? In fact, she was an enemy of the horde. Why does she suddenly lead them? It's absolutely f***ing stupid, Sylvanas betrayed the alliance willfully. Sure Garithos hated elves but he did help her against Balnazzar, Sylvanas just slaughters him for it and all of his men. She clearly has no empathy or consideration for the lives of the people who fought to protect her homeland in the second war, she's just a sociopath, she's pure evil.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4
3ds Friend Code: 1263-7002-2175

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
5 months ago#73
Labeling something as AAA because of its budget is foolish. The game was trash. And the fact that need for speed and uo are owned by the same company and yet one game has their servers up while another doesn’t should be evidence that only crap games get their server shut down. But what do I know, you’re the self proclaimed expert.

I’m going to enjoy my 20+ years of wow while you keep being angry waiting for a game that may never exist.

redundancies
5 months ago#74
immadbro posted...
Yes it does make it evil because it defiles nature. Besides there's plenty of proof that Sylvanas is evil

Nature is not wholly "good" (I say this as a druid main, even) so going against nature isn't inherently evil.

Other factors are irrelevant as all I said was that she's not evil just because she's undead.

immadbro posted...
Do I have to remind you that Sylvanas did basically nothing for the Horde in Warcraft 3? In fact, she was an enemy of the horde. Why does she suddenly lead them?

"Suddenly"? It's been an estimated 18 years (in game) between the beginning of the third war and the beginning of Legion. Lots can happen in 18 years (and it did); as I said much earlier in this thread, you're about 15 years too late on some of these criticisms.

immadbro
5 months ago#75
rawkuss posted...
Labeling something as AAA because of its budget is foolish. The game was trash. And the fact that need for speed and uo are owned by the same company and yet one game has their servers up while another doesn’t should be evidence that only crap games get their server shut down. But what do I know, you’re the self proclaimed expert.

I’m going to enjoy my 20+ years of wow while you keep being angry waiting for a game that may never exist.

World Of Warcraft is trash too... still AAA.

Maybe if you educate yourself you'd know what these things actually mean.

Need For Speed World actually had a fanbase, regardless of whether you liked the game or not. People still played it yet the servers shut down regardless.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4

immadbro
5 months ago#76
redundancies posted...
immadbro posted...
Yes it does make it evil because it defiles nature. Besides there's plenty of proof that Sylvanas is evil

Nature is not wholly "good" (I say this as a druid main, even) so going against nature isn't inherently evil.

Other factors are irrelevant as all I said was that she's not evil just because she's undead.

immadbro posted...
Do I have to remind you that Sylvanas did basically nothing for the Horde in Warcraft 3? In fact, she was an enemy of the horde. Why does she suddenly lead them?

"Suddenly"? It's been an estimated 18 years (in game) between the beginning of the third war and the beginning of Legion. Lots can happen in 18 years (and it did); as I said much earlier in this thread, you're about 15 years too late on some of these criticisms.

15 years too late? I've been making these criticism's for ages. You clearly have no argument as to why Sylvanas being Warchief of the horde makes no sense so I'll just skip that.

If someone murdered a child, would you consider that an evil act? Really it's no differrent from being an undead banshee that continues to live and continues to raise more undead.

Evil can be perceived in many ways. Sylvanas is clearly evil, she has no empathy, is merciless and ruthless. These are evil traits, she is also resentful, another evil trait. What good has she ever done? This is a good question? Sure you could argue that she tried to protect the High Elves... just like Arthas saved Strahnbrad. That didn't stop everyone from saying that Arthas is evil for what he did.

Sylvanas is just as evil as Arthas, she's spiteful, resentful and enjoys watching people suffer, hence why she made a poison arrow in Warcraft 3 for Arthas, she wanted to watch him slowly die in agony.

The Forsaken are a pure evil faction that contest other pure evil factions. This is how it was in Warcraft 3. In WOW, the Forsaken are the good guys... what the f***!?

Sylvanas is no differrent than Arthas or the dreadlords, she murders people, raises them from the dead and uses them for her own sociopathic needs.

And now she leads the Horde. The horde are not "pure evil", they were influenced by the fel to do evil things but once the fel wore off, they became neutral. Sure they weren't perfect but they still had their morals. As such allowing Sylvanas into the horde is just plain nonsense. Especially after what the death knights did to the horde in the second war.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
5 months ago#77
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

World Of Warcraft is trash too... still AAA.

Maybe if you educate yourself you'd know what these things actually mean.

Need For Speed World actually had a fanbase, regardless of whether you liked the game or not. People still played it yet the servers shut down regardless.

Lol how stupid are you mr. Industry expert?

Every mmo has a hardcore fan base genius. Servers shut down because they’re not profitable. And games are not profitable because *gasp* they’re bad games that the majority don’t want to play! It’s not f***en rocket science.

Saying WoW is trash even though to this day it’s clearly a commercial success with great reviews is an opinion and you’re entitled to that.

Saying need for speed is trash because it received poor reviews and failed to be profitable enough to maintain its servers is significantly more than just an opinion.

Enjoy your trash mmos that shut down.

redundancies
5 months ago#78
immadbro posted...
You clearly have no argument as to why Sylvanas being Warchief of the horde makes no sense so I'll just skip that.

It makes sense because Sylvanas is a ruthless, take-no-prisoners leader - one that I think is ideal when up against a ruthless, take-no-prisoners foe like the Legion. Unfortunately that proved to be a poor decision as she spent most of the expansion piddling around with val'kyr and let the adventurers do the demon cleaning.

And to combat the "All of a sudden" part, it wasn't all of a sudden - she and the Forsaken were betrayed by the Alliance and so she sought shelter with the other major power; she took the helm of her faction and led it for many years. She also used her connection with Silvermoon to bring the Blood Elves into the Horde, strengthening the whole further. Then finally, Vol'jin died and gave the reins of the Horde to her.

immadbro posted...
If someone murdered a child, would you consider that an evil act? Really it's no differrent from being an undead banshee that continues to live and continues to raise more undead.

I'd say those two are VERY different. Since when is "continued existence of person X" equivalent to killing someone else?

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
5 months ago#79
immadbro posted...

The Forsaken are a pure evil faction that contest other pure evil factions. This is how it was in Warcraft 3. In WOW, the Forsaken are the good guys... what the f***!?

For spouting all of your knowledge of lore, you're completely forgetting the Forsaken aren't really a thing in Warcraft 3 and keep making the same mistake. It wasn't until the end of WC3:TFT that they even break off from The Lich King.

You're thinking The Scourge.

They are two different things with two different goals/leaders.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

immadbro
5 months ago#80
SilentZed posted...
immadbro posted...

For spouting all of your knowledge of lore, you're completely forgetting the Forsaken are NOT a thing in Warcraft 3 and keep making the same mistake.

You're thinking The Scourge.

They are two different things with two different goals/leaders.

Legacy Of The Damned, go play it, the scourge are in Northrend, the Forsaken are in Lordaeron fighting the Dreadlord Insurgents.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived