My prediction for future WOW storylines...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
5 months ago#61
1) Sargeras is not dead
2) We've known about Void Lords for quite some time now
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball Fighter Z, South Park: Fractured But Whole, Let It Die

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
5 months ago#62
rawkuss posted...
These are purely cosmetic things that have no impact on gameplay.

Character boosts...
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball Fighter Z, South Park: Fractured But Whole, Let It Die

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
5 months ago#63
immadbro posted...
This is my problem... one minute you say the light can't save sylvanas, the next you argue that no one says what the light can/cannot do. Do you see why this is a problem? There's no laws that govern the light!!!

I said we don't know if the light could "save" Sylvanas (if she even wants to be saved in that way) as the person(/entity) who we know could do it is now dead.

There are two different factors at play here: "What the Light is capable of" and "what individual Light-users are capable of". It's sort of like Xe'ra is Usain Bolt and the question is "can a human run 100m in 9.58 seconds?" Bolt proves that it is within the limits of humans, but no one else is as fast as him, so now that he's retired, we don't know if it can be done again as no one else has demonstrated that speed.

User Info: immadbro

immadbro
5 months ago#64
rawkuss posted...
And yes, every MMO out that is F2P is absolute ass..

I've played MMO's that are way better than WOW that are F2P.

Regardless I think MMO's are just ass in general. They've gotten old.

You claim to care about mounts? Why? You realize that your progress isn't going to be kept forever, once the servers shut down, you will lose all those mounts you paid for...

The servers will shut down eventually. They cost money. If WOW subscriptions keep falling like they have been, many MMO's such as Dungeon Runners have had their servers down, even AAA MMO's like Need for Speed World shut their servers down.

The same will happen to WOW eventually, Blizzard are milking it for what its worth right now. They know that WOW isn't gonna last, that's why they killed off the legion, they used their trump card to get people interested in the game... but now they've started to run out of cards to play in their hand. They will continue to milk WOW until it's dead. Then you will lose EVERYTHING.

I hope you realize this. I don't know if you're one of those meta guys who wants to world first everything. Otherwise do remember that your WOW progress won't stay around forever.

BTW the only reason why 1% mounts exist is because of microtransactions, Blizzard pre-planned this so that when they do put in microtransactions, people will have a hard time farming for mounts so they will buy them out of desperation.

Blizzard have been planning microtransactions ever since Diablo which saddens me. They didn't admit it until now though. As a former fan of old school Blizzard games, I kinda feel betrayed in a way.

Do you see how Microtransactions ruin games? The developers will make the game even more grindy for those who don't pay, ruining it for the non-payers... but EVERYONE PAYS FOR WOW BECAUSE THEY PAY A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FEE!!!

f***ing greedy c***s Blizzard are, just let people buy the mounts with in game gold...
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4
3ds Friend Code: 1263-7002-2175

immadbro
5 months ago#65
DartDragoon posted...
rawkuss posted...
These are purely cosmetic things that have no impact on gameplay.

Character boosts...

^^

This is exactly what I'm talking about... pay to reach max level.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4

immadbro
5 months ago#66
redundancies posted...
immadbro posted...
This is my problem... one minute you say the light can't save sylvanas, the next you argue that no one says what the light can/cannot do. Do you see why this is a problem? There's no laws that govern the light!!!

I said we don't know if the light could "save" Sylvanas (if she even wants to be saved in that way) as the person(/entity) who we know could do it is now dead.

There are two different factors at play here: "What the Light is capable of" and "what individual Light-users are capable of". It's sort of like Xe'ra is Usain Bolt and the question is "can a human run 100m in 9.58 seconds?" Bolt proves that it is within the limits of humans, but no one else is as fast as him, so now that he's retired, we don't know if it can be done again as no one else has demonstrated that speed.

I said that if enough priests/paladins gathered together, it would be possible to match that power. The fact that Sylvanas isn't willing to at least try is proof that she is pure evil and doesn't have any of the other races' best interests at heart. She doesn't have a right to exist, her existence goes against the laws of nature. in Diablo 1 there is a demon named Lachdanan who isn't hostile to you but he asks you to get an elixir that will kill him and purify him. You do that and he dies. If Sylvanas was a good person, she would have sought salvation just like Lachdanan.

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
5 months ago#67
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

You claim to care about mounts? Why? You realize that your progress isn't going to be kept forever, once the servers shut down, you will lose all those mounts you paid for...

The servers will shut down eventually. They cost money. If WOW subscriptions keep falling like they have been, many MMO's such as Dungeon Runners have had their servers down, even AAA MMO's like Need for Speed World shut their servers down.

The same will happen to WOW eventually, Blizzard are milking it for what its worth right now. They know that WOW isn't gonna last, that's why they killed off the legion, they used their trump card to get people interested in the game... but now they've started to run out of cards to play in their hand. They will continue to milk WOW until it's dead. Then you will lose EVERYTHING.

I hope you realize this. I don't know if you're one of those meta guys who wants to world first everything. Otherwise do remember that your WOW progress won't stay around forever.

BTW the only reason why 1% mounts exist is because of microtransactions, Blizzard pre-planned this so that when they do put in microtransactions, people will have a hard time farming for mounts so they will buy them out of desperation.

Blizzard have been planning microtransactions ever since Diablo which saddens me. They didn't admit it until now though. As a former fan of old school Blizzard games, I kinda feel betrayed in a way.

Do you see how Microtransactions ruin games? The developers will make the game even more grindy for those who don't pay, ruining it for the non-payers... but EVERYONE PAYS FOR WOW BECAUSE THEY PAY A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FEE!!!

f***ing greedy c***s Blizzard are, just let people buy the mounts with in game gold...

Uhh... considering that UO still has servers up I'm going to say that only the crap MMOs you enjoy and claim to be "better" have their servers shut down.

Yes, eventually all MMO servers will shut down but if I get to enjoy a game for 20+ years before it ends, I'd say that whatever money I put in served it's purposes.

Also, paying for a level boost isn't game breaking. For those that do not enjoy the inconvenience of leveling, they can pay to skip it. So what? Race changing is more P2W than the level boost is. You're hardly raid ready after the level boost.

It's when micro transactions are the only way to progress that it becomes a problem and since micro transactions in WoW do nothing for progression it's fine. Don't want to pay for these things? Don't, your game won't be affected one way or another.

edit: LMFAO at Need for Speed online being AAA. Yea, now we know not to take your opinion of games seriously.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
5 months ago#68
immadbro posted...
I said that if enough priests/paladins gathered together, it would be possible to match that power.

Maybe, but you're making assumptions again. And just because it might be possible doesn't mean anyone considered it. (as stated, this was the first time we've seen anyone do something like that, it's been like a month and a half in game time)

immadbro posted...
If Sylvanas was a good person, she would have sought salvation just like Lachdanan.

I never made a statement about whether she was good or evil; just that she wanted to continue her existence and we don't know a way to "purify" her. So I think it's appropriate that she doesn't just lay down in front of the Argent Dawn and let them kill her, which was my original point.

immadbro
5 months ago#69
rawkuss posted...
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

Uhh... considering that UO still has servers up I'm going to say that only the crap MMOs you enjoy and claim to be "better" have their servers shut down.

Yes, eventually all MMO servers will shut down but if I get to enjoy a game for 20+ years before it ends, I'd say that whatever money I put in served it's purposes.

Also, paying for a level boost isn't game breaking. For those that do not enjoy the inconvenience of leveling, they can pay to skip it. So what? Race changing is more P2W than the level boost is. You're hardly raid ready after the level boost.

It's when micro transactions are the only way to progress that it becomes a problem and since micro transactions in WoW do nothing for progression it's fine. Don't want to pay for these things? Don't, your game won't be affected one way or another.

edit: LMFAO at Need for Speed online being AAA. Yea, now we know not to take your opinion of games seriously.

UO is owned by EA, another s***ty company. EA are a s***ty publisher btw who also own the Need For Speed series which IS AAA. If you think Need For Speed isn't AAA then you clearly haven't played enough games to see what a non-AAA game is.

Plus Runescape is a better game than WOW (not like that's saying much) and its servers are still up.

I can clearly tell that you have absolutely zero knowledge about videogames.

immadbro
5 months ago#70
redundancies posted...
immadbro posted...
I said that if enough priests/paladins gathered together, it would be possible to match that power.

Maybe, but you're making assumptions again. And just because it might be possible doesn't mean anyone considered it. (as stated, this was the first time we've seen anyone do something like that, it's been like a month and a half in game time)

immadbro posted...
If Sylvanas was a good person, she would have sought salvation just like Lachdanan.

I never made a statement about whether she was good or evil; just that she wanted to continue her existence and we don't know a way to "purify" her. So I think it's appropriate that she doesn't just lay down in front of the Argent Dawn and let them kill her, which was my original point.

It's not an assumption, it's common sense. Like I said, the light is an energy source. Anyone can use the light's power as such with enough people using that power, you can match the power of gary stu light wielders.

The fact that she wants to continue her existence as an undead is proof that she is pure evil. Plain and simple. My point is that there's a f***ing pure evil banshee in charge of the horde... and nobody objected to it. That's how bad the story of WOW is.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived