My prediction for future WOW storylines...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

User Info: immadbro

immadbro
5 months ago#121
rawkuss posted...
But not smart enough to recognize other game's intent to "trap" people in the game to purchase add ons, expansions or sequels. Not smart enough to realize that your behavior is constantly being manipulated by various companies and corporations to continue purchasing their products and spending money. Not smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to even be talking about such matters.

Also, you clearly don't play WoW otherwise you know that maneuvering is a huge part of the game and that many classes have priority rotations and not hard rotations... but whatever, you're "educated".

Yet if I don't buy the sequal, I can still continue playing the original game.

Unlike MMO's, most games have to take into account other elements of engagement such as pacing. WOW doesn't need to because it's manipulated players into thinking that it is good enough as it is.

Most games cannot rely on this as disengagement is detrimental to them because it will discourage people from buying sequals.

Unlike WOW, I'm not punished for not contributing to the cash flow by having my rights to use their product removed. In WOW on the other hand, I do. They know this, that's why they can get away with making their game so tedious and s***ty to play.

You can't accuse me of not being smart when you don't know the things I consume.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4
3ds Friend Code: 1263-7002-2175

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
5 months ago#122
I do know the things you consume. 3 RTS games where you repeatedly built the same base and the same units in relatively the same order over and over and over, 2 expansion packs for said RTS games that more or less used the in game map editor to create and a handful of really crappily and hastily written books that tie in with those games.

Sounds like Blizzard manipulated your behaviors pretty hard smart guy.

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
5 months ago#123
For as much as you want to call Blizzard evil, I will tell you there's a huge chunk of their playerbase that wants exactly what they're offering and knows full well the hooks but is looking to have their time wasted (particularly younger individuals with disposable time).

There's a lot of people who bemoan certain trends in video gaming - but I'll tell you right now there's a many of that demographic that absolutely wants things like microtransactions to bypass time sinks even if they're reasonable time sinks, and there's a ton of people who want to be able to spend 10,000 hours playing a game because they enjoy themselves.

Heck, some of these things were asked for SPECIFICALLY by the playerbase.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

immadbro
5 months ago#124
rawkuss posted...
I do know the things you consume. 3 RTS games where you repeatedly built the same base and the same units in relatively the same order over and over and over, 2 expansion packs for said RTS games that more or less used the in game map editor to create and a handful of really crappily and hastily written books that tie in with those games.

The story is ultimately what kept me playing, I enjoyed it. If I didn't, I wouldn't have read the books.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4

immadbro
5 months ago#125
SilentZed posted...
For as much as you want to call Blizzard evil, I will tell you there's a huge chunk of their playerbase that wants exactly what they're offering and knows full well the hooks but is looking to have their time wasted (particularly younger individuals with disposable time).

There's a lot of people who bemoan certain trends in video gaming - but I'll tell you right now there's a many of that demographic that absolutely wants things like microtransactions to bypass time sinks even if they're reasonable time sinks, and there's a ton of people who want to be able to spend 10,000 hours playing a game because they enjoy themselves.

Heck, some of these things were asked for SPECIFICALLY by the playerbase.

If you want to waste time, there are better ways to do so, do voluntary work or something...

If you want to have fun, there are plenty of other, better games to sink your teeth into, go play them instead. I recommend Mount And Blade Warband... now that's a huge time sink right there.

rawkuss
5 months ago#126
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

The story is ultimately what kept me playing, I enjoyed it. If I didn't, I wouldn't have read the books.

Huh... funny... because when other people find a reason to keep playing WoW and that they enjoy it and that if they didn't, they wouldn't be paying for their subscription and expansions.. all of a sudden they're stupid.

No, no hypocrisy at all. Fun can't possibly be subjective and based on an individual preference can it? Nope, it has to be YOUR definition of fun because you're the authority.

immadbro
5 months ago#127
rawkuss posted...
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

Huh... funny... because when other people find a reason to keep playing WoW and that they enjoy it and that if they didn't, they wouldn't be paying for their subscription and expansions.. all of a sudden they're stupid.

Yes they are... because I paid for the game ONCE. They pay for the same game infinitely and don't give me that bulls*** about server maintainence and updates, no one asked for them. No one asked for Warcraft to be an online only game. Blizzard just manipulated people into thinking they do.

rawkuss
5 months ago#128
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

Yes they are... because I paid for the game ONCE. They pay for the same game infinitely and don't give me that bulls*** about server maintainence and updates, no one asked for them. No one asked for Warcraft to be an online only game. Blizzard just manipulated people into thinking they do.

Just like Blizzard manipulated you into buying s****y books and half assed expansions for the "story". And considering that over 10 million people have been active at one point or another in WoW, I'd say plenty of people asked for Warcraft to be an online MMO, just not YOU. But keep being dense, keep thinking you're an "expert" and you're "educated" even though you clearly don't know jack s*** about the video game industry, the history of MMOs or anything about human behavior and that you're completely blinded by your own personal bias.

People WILLINGLY pay for their subscription fees. No one is being forced into it, it's a CHOICE that people take and when they no longer feel like paying that fee, they unsubscribe (which is very common). Basics of f***en behavior (which I know you have a hard time understanding with your only reference being wikipedia).

WoW will be around for at least another 5 years but more than likely another decade and as long as WoW is around you will more than likely NOT see your precious WC4. Get used to it.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
5 months ago#129
rawkuss posted...
People WILLINGLY pay for their subscription fees. No one is being forced into it, it's a CHOICE that people take and when they no longer feel like paying that fee, they unsubscribe (which is very common)

It's so common that, at some point in late Wrath or early Cata, one of the Blizzard bigwigs said that more people had played and quit than were currently playing at the time (near-peak levels). I'd imagine that very few people play and have played without quitting or taking breaks for an extended period of time, which speaks to the game not really being that manipulative.

immadbro
5 months ago#130
rawkuss posted...
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

Just like Blizzard manipulated you into buying s****y books and half assed expansions for the "story". And considering that over 10 million people have been active at one point or another in WoW, I'd say plenty of people asked for Warcraft to be an online MMO, just not YOU. But keep being dense, keep thinking you're an "expert" and you're "educated" even though you clearly don't know jack s*** about the video game industry, the history of MMOs or anything about human behavior and that you're completely blinded by your own personal bias.

People WILLINGLY pay for their subscription fees. No one is being forced into it, it's a CHOICE that people take and when they no longer feel like paying that fee, they unsubscribe (which is very common). Basics of f***en behavior (which I know you have a hard time understanding with your only reference being wikipedia).

WoW will be around for at least another 5 years but more than likely another decade and as long as WoW is around you will more than likely NOT see your precious WC4. Get used to it.

I paid for those books once, I didn't have to pay a monthly fee for the right to keep them. Just a 1 time purchase, I also purchased them second hand too. Cheaper that way. Do I regret my purchase? Hell no, I got my money's worth and my cashflow isn't constantly being sucked away by Blizzard.

Saying that people have a choice not to pay for a WOW subscription is like saying that people have a choice to rob a bank. If you don't pay, they'll take it away. That's how it is. You invest 100's of hours into WOW... if they took it away that's 100+ hours of your life wasted.

This is why WOW is so big and popular, people invest so much time into the game that their progress becomes valuable to them and they have to pay for the right to be able to continue making progress, if they don't they cannot access their progress. The truth is, their progress doesn't even belong to them, it belongs to Blizzard, it's all a big fat lie, a facade designed to get people to spend more money.

As for the WOW books they're still on my shelf, I can read them any time I want to, sometimes I even go back to them. Doesn't cost me a penny to go back to read those books, if I was to go back to WOW it would.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived