My prediction for future WOW storylines...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
7 months ago#91
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...
Says the person QQing and not going elsewhere.

Keep fighting the imaginary power...

I'm mocking the game's awful storyline, not QQing, there's a difference, you on the other hand are QQing.

Lol... no. You are straight b****ing, moaning and crying. The exact definition of QQing. You're upset that you're not getting WC4, that the storyline isn't going the way you want it to and trying to convince yourself that it's all due to some dumb ass self perceived social injustice. QQ MOAR PLZ.

User Info: immadbro

immadbro
7 months ago#92
rawkuss posted...
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

I'm mocking the game's awful storyline, not QQing, there's a difference, you on the other hand are QQing.

Lol... no. You are straight b****ing, moaning and crying. The exact definition of QQing. You're upset that you're not getting WC4, that the storyline isn't going the way you want it to and trying to convince yourself that it's all due to some dumb ass self perceived social injustice. QQ MOAR PLZ.

Are you still QQing because I took the piss out of your beloved WOW?

WOW is trash, its story is trash, the people who play it are simpletons with no brain. This is the truth.

QQ about it if you like but this is just the way it is.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4
3ds Friend Code: 1263-7002-2175

User Info: aldrek1

aldrek1
7 months ago#93
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

Did he really just use the "I know you are but what am I?" defense?

Dude, the 80's called, they want their comebacks back.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
7 months ago#94
immadbro posted...
You clearly haven't a clue about what happened in the lore, go read some real books, not this chronicles retcon s***, this argument is about how WOW ruined the Warcraft series.

..How exactly did WoW ruin the Warcraft series, when before WoW, there was only one game that actually had story as a major component to it? Orcs and Humans had almost NO plot what so ever, and what story was there could be summed up in a few pages of a text document.

Warcraft 2 was barely any better, and the only thing it did differently from WC1 was introduce psedu-hero units in the expansion. Starcraft was Blizzard's first attempting at making an RTS that was story-focused, rather then gameplay focused, and WC3 was the first time they put story telling at the forefront of their campaign by actually working in dialogue and cutscenes throughout the missions, whereas even in Starcraft before it ,most of the plot was told before and after the missions.

So, I mean, if you consider Warcraft 3 as the entire "series" of Warcraft, then yes, WoW did retcon and change some lore moments in the game to better suit a continuing narrative, as well as make things more cohesive. But I wouldn't exactly call Warcraft's story or "lore" up to WC3 as anything more then a a Warhammer knock off, which it factually was.

But continue acting as if you are some kind of master of Warcraft's history and lore, despite having never actually played WoW in any official capacity, and have used things like WoWpedia as your only way of keeping up with the story. I mean, I could go further by touching on the fact that you think the only reason Arthas, Kael, and Vashj died were "because loot pinata" (even though the plot was building towards all three being eventually killed at some point by the end of the Frozen Throne), but the, why bother? You have no understanding what so ever of the lore, or the story, or even the history of Warcraft to begin with. You are literally a child trying to have a conversation in a room of adults. It only shows how much of a joke you, and this topic, really is.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

rawkuss
7 months ago#95
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...
immadbro posted...
rawkuss posted...

Are you still QQing because I took the piss out of your beloved WOW?

WOW is trash, its story is trash, the people who play it are simpletons with no brain. This is the truth.

QQ about it if you like but this is just the way it is.

Do you even know what QQ is? You have literally been QQing this entire topic. I'll give you a hint, the circles are eyes and the little line at the bottom of the circle are tears.

waaaaah they're not making WC4
waaaaah they're charging me $15 a month to play and an optional one time charge for cosmetic things that benefits no one on the side instead of making everything free
waaaaah I don't like the story
waaaaah I'm going to keep crying because this is a social injustice and everyone needs to hear it!
waaaaah

In summary: QQ

rawkuss
7 months ago#96
Ness0123456789 posted...
immadbro posted...
You clearly haven't a clue about what happened in the lore, go read some real books, not this chronicles retcon s***, this argument is about how WOW ruined the Warcraft series.

..How exactly did WoW ruin the Warcraft series, when before WoW, there was only one game that actually had story as a major component to it? Orcs and Humans had almost NO plot what so ever, and what story was there could be summed up in a few pages of a text document.

Warcraft 2 was barely any better, and the only thing it did differently from WC1 was introduce psedu-hero units in the expansion. Starcraft was Blizzard's first attempting at making an RTS that was story-focused, rather then gameplay focused, and WC3 was the first time they put story telling at the forefront of their campaign by actually working in dialogue and cutscenes throughout the missions, whereas even in Starcraft before it ,most of the plot was told before and after the missions.

So, I mean, if you consider Warcraft 3 as the entire "series" of Warcraft, then yes, WoW did retcon and change some lore moments in the game to better suit a continuing narrative, as well as make things more cohesive. But I wouldn't exactly call Warcraft's story or "lore" up to WC3 as anything more then a a Warhammer knock off, which it factually was.

But continue acting as if you are some kind of master of Warcraft's history and lore, despite having never actually played WoW in any official capacity, and have used things like WoWpedia as your only way of keeping up with the story. I mean, I could go further by touching on the fact that you think the only reason Arthas, Kael, and Vashj died were "because loot pinata" (even though the plot was building towards all three being eventually killed at some point by the end of the Frozen Throne), but the, why bother? You have no understanding what so ever of the lore, or the story, or even the history of Warcraft to begin with. You are literally a child trying to have a conversation in a room of adults. It only shows how much of a joke you, and this topic, really is.

Hey! I loved WC2 lore! That instruction book was my toilet reading material for like... a decade.

immadbro
7 months ago#97
Ness0123456789 posted...
immadbro posted...

Technically there were 5 Warcraft stories before WOW... Day Of The Dragon, Lord Of The Clans, The Last Guardian and Of Blood And Honor, all written before Warcraft 3 was finished. Then Warcraft 3 continued on from those books.

Warcraft 1's story is fleshed out more in The Last Guardian, Warcraft 2's story is mostly a bunch of missions, not gonna lie but it connects to Warcraft 3. Plus the manuals for Warcraft 1 and 2 contain quite a bit of lore too.

Warcraft 3 did have a story, a pretty good one IMO, the ending left a lot of possibilities and some great potential. We knew the legion wasn't completely stopped, we knew that the scourge were mounting an attack, the humans of Lordaeron were on their last legs, everything went to s*** by the end of Warcraft 3 and you could tell a big war was about to erupt.

Then WOW came out and suddenly everything gets f***ed up.

Plus you claim that Arthas would be eventually killed? Are you joiking? He reached the peak of his power by the end of the game. Illidan could have been considered dead by the end of Warcraft 3, sure but Arthas, hell no. Arthas became ridiculously powerful at the end of Warcraft 3.

Plus while Warcraft 3's story may be heavily inspired by Warhammer but it is told completely differently.

So don't think you know everything there is to know about the lore when you clearly don't. Warcraft lore was fleshed out by books, Lord Of The Clans being the best of the bunch if you ask me. All you WOW fanboys think that Thrall was a weak and useless warchief need to read that book. He night not have been the best warchief but he was a lot better than the recent ones in WOW lore. He earned that title... unlike Sylvanas.
I'm still waiting for a Valkyrie Profile 3, when it happens, please wake me up so i can buy a ps4

immadbro
7 months ago#98
Plus lets not forget that this game was a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNFrbpOSTE

WOW killed this game... damn you Blizzard for cancelling this game because of WOW.

rawkuss
7 months ago#99
Warcraft adventures was cancelled before Warcraft 3 started production for being absolute s***. But surely an industry expert like you that’s completely unbiased and in control of his emotions knew that. You’re not QQing at all and projecting all your woes onto a game that’s completely unrelated to your problems... no, you’re not doing that at all.

P.S arthas sucks

immadbro
7 months ago#100
rawkuss posted...
Warcraft adventures was cancelled before Warcraft 3 started production for being absolute s***. But surely an industry expert like you that’s completely unbiased and in control of his emotions knew that. You’re not QQing at all and projecting all your woes onto a game that’s completely unrelated to your problems... no, you’re not doing that at all.

P.S arthas sucks

Yeah but they could have brought it back... but nope they have WOW now.

WOW has killed the future for all story-driven Warcraft games. Lord Of The Clans should have been a game, maybe in another form, who knows? But instead it gets a s***ty instance in WOW which pretty much killed it since they retconned it all.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. My prediction for future WOW storylines...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived