Convince me to not come back.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Convince me to not come back.

User Info: RentedToolbox

RentedToolbox
4 weeks ago#1
I’m a year clean. The level scaling thing sounds cool. I’ve never really leveled a Horde character. I’m feeling the itch. I’ll probably regret wasting the $15 after two hours but...maybe I won’t?

User Info: Kyle901

Kyle901
4 weeks ago#2
The level scaling is cool, everything else about leveling still sucks (and is now much slower) and you'll be miserable for 80 levels if you've ever spoiled yourself and played a game with fun and engaging gameplay.

RentedToolbox
4 weeks ago#3
Kyle901 posted...
The level scaling is cool, everything else about leveling still sucks (and is now much slower) and you'll be miserable for 80 levels if you've ever spoiled yourself and played a game with fun and engaging gameplay.

Is dungeon leveling a lot more viable?

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
4 weeks ago#4
RentedToolbox posted...
Kyle901 posted...

Just the opposite, at least for now. Massively increased mob HP (which is fair enough given increases in player power over time) but no increase in XP to compensate.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: Ardeth_of_Light

Ardeth_of_Light
4 weeks ago#5
Honestly learning about the hoops that you have to go through to unlock Allied Races and having to tell my EXTREMELY casual friend that he will have to work for things that would normally be paid for with his expansion purchase is making me regret even resubscibing. I did it to play around with the leveling before I made a Nightborne but now I don't know.
"Listen well. Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask is a trick. You will find no truth in me."-Vergere

RentedToolbox
4 weeks ago#6
I didn’t even know about Allied Races. There’s so much damn clutter in this game.

Maybe my $15 is better spent on a Switch game.

User Info: Pirwzwhomper

Pirwzwhomper
4 weeks ago#7
There's a lot of virtual console stuff even on the 3DS that I would recommend before I would recommend coming back to play the current Live version of WoW.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg

User Info: DigitalDice

DigitalDice
4 weeks ago#8
I have a handful of 20s I keep around for when I want to tool around with a bit of WoW but don't want to plink down for a month. (And then feel obligated to let the game devour my free time, to ensure that I feel that I got my money's worth.) Doing that should help scratch your itch while still making it easy to walk away when you reach your limit.

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
4 weeks ago#9
RentedToolbox posted...
Kyle901 posted...

You get one third of the dungeon experience now. @RentedToolbox
--- Remove the cancer, take back your souls ---
Want a chill, friendly Monster Hunter World guild? Join World Hunters Entertainment https://discord.gg/ZRE6wmc

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
4 weeks ago#10
shamfuru posted...
RentedToolbox posted...
Kyle901 posted...

You get one third of the dungeon experience now. @RentedToolbox

This is definitely wrong. I used to get 30% of a level in a WOTLK dungeon, now it's around 120% That said, dungeons take MUCH longer now, and the possibility of wipes is very real since people aren't used to having to actually try.
PSN: Archlvt88
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Convince me to not come back.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived