Why did Horde get the better Allied races?m(spoilers).

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Why did Horde get the better Allied races?m(spoilers).

User Info: Squall28

Squall28
4 weeks ago#1
Lightforged dranei and void elves looked like they were just tacked onto 7.3 to give us Alliance something for BFA. Highmountain tauren were an entire zone. We helped them unite their tribe. Suramar was goddamn amazing and one of the highlights of the game for me storywise because of how far they took the rebellion story (espionage, propaganda, etc.)

I'm pretty dang salty. Think I'm going to /spit on Thalyssa and Mayla in BFA. After all we did for you >:(
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

User Info: ShadowEdgeX

ShadowEdgeX
4 weeks ago#2
Horde has always gotten the better new races, with the Alliance ones tacked on as an afterthought. Why were you expecting anything different?
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel

User Info: d209999

d209999
4 weeks ago#3
Nightborne - Night Elves with white hair
Highmountain Tauren - They're moose
Void Elves - Blood Elves, but purple
Dark Iron Dwarves - Dwarves, but black

No one wins.
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 weeks ago#4
What I don't get is why the horde races are so much easier to unlock. I havent played since unlocking flying in legion and already have the criteria to unlock the horde allied races but nowhere close to the alliance ones
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 weeks ago#5
mada7 posted...
What I don't get is why the horde races are so much easier to unlock. I havent played since unlocking flying in legion and already have the criteria to unlock the horde allied races but nowhere close to the alliance ones

You clearly hadn't been doing Argus. On paper the Nightfallen is the most difficult to unlock due to having to do that really long story chain.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
4 weeks ago#6
Because Horde > Alliance, obv

User Info: Kyle901

Kyle901
4 weeks ago#7
Preexisting lore decisions really f***ed Alliance races. There's nothing left for them to get so they have to make something up to give to them. They could have had Nightborne I guess, but them going to Horde is more about giving the Nelf model to horde, so they had to give Belf model to Alliance somehow. After that there's a few Tauren variations, a bunch of Trolls, and no real reason why Undead have to be human anymore. There's Wildhammer dwarves, which are just default with tats, that you don't have and there's just nothing after that. Even the non playable races would never go Ally because they either clash with the "noble nice humanoid" aesthetic or would never ask/get accepted because of the Ally leaders' personalities.

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 weeks ago#8
Amakusa posted...
mada7 posted...

You clearly hadn't been doing Argus. On paper the Nightfallen is the most difficult to unlock due to having to do that really long story chain.

How long does it take to get exalted with the argussian reach and army of light? No I haven't been doing argus I stopped playing around the middle of 7.2 once I unlocked flying. The suramar questline is long but I would imagine that anyone that's been playing for a decent amount of time in legion would've gotten this quite a while ago
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Key

Key
4 weeks ago#9
Heh Void Elves are pretty much the best new race imo. Nightborne are alright. Zandalari are alright. Everything else is whatever.

And Suramar sucked idkm what you're talking about
<:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;}]\\\\\\O=('-'Q)
(>'-')> <('-'<) ^( '-' )^ v( '-' )v <('-'<) ^(_ _)^ (>'-')> ^(^-^)

User Info: OccamUnshaved

OccamUnshaved
4 weeks ago#10
Key posted...
Heh Void Elves are pretty much the best new race imo.

I was kind of surprised after the announcements to find that I agree with this. Void elves, really? ::eyeroll:: But then I thought about it, and...Nightborne are okay, but not all that exciting because we've been staring at them for the last 18 months. HM tauren, DI dwarves, and LF draenei are just variations on a theme (though DI dwarves look pretty cool for a warlock or mage). Zandalari look interesting but trolls aren't really my thing and I never play horde anyway. What's that leave you with? Yep, Edgelord McEdgersons. And gods help me I'm looking forward to leveling my velf monk.

My not-all-that-tinfoil-hat theory is that allied races are an elaborate excuse to get each faction's elf model playable by the other side. But I will be disappointed if each race doesn't have unique animations, because then at least there's a chance I might switch some races around.
"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent." -Carl Sagan
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Why did Horde get the better Allied races?m(spoilers).

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived