This weapon's name is most likely gonna have to be changed for sjw reasons

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. This weapon's name is most likely gonna have to be changed for sjw reasons

User Info: Izzythewinner

Izzythewinner
9 months ago#41
Scarletess posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
how is this even a troll topic?

How is it not?

its only a troll thread in the eyes of disgusting purist scum who want the game to remain untouched how it was in 2004, even though certain things can certainly be improved on that would benefit the old fanbase
World of Warcraft Classic Servers.
It's a brave new world. I couldn't be any happier.

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
9 months ago#42
How much Nick could a Nicker Nick if a Nicker could Nick Nick?
I am not economically viable.

User Info: EDarien

EDarien
9 months ago#43
Izzythewinner posted...
if they change it to blackrock slicer, this isnt vanilla anymore.

Good thing it's not Vanilla; it's Classic.
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14

User Info: Cyrus 23

Cyrus 23
9 months ago#44
Reminds me of time at work when I walked up to a table with 2 black coworkers.

I then proclaimed, "Ohh look.. Snickers!" b/c someone had left a full-size bar under the table and promptly bent over and grabbed it.

Both of them started laughing as I set it on the table. One looked at the other and said, "You heard that too right? Man, I didn't know WTF had gotten into to him."

It was at this moment that I realized what had just transpired.
Go to the animal shelter to get a dog? You're a Saint.
Go to the women's shelter to get a date? Everyone loses their minds.

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
9 months ago#45
It's funny how I never see actual social justice warriors and always see boys whining about how terrible social justice warriors are (usually because of something that's not really SJW at all, just progressive.)

You'd think that with all the complaints they'd have some presence, and not just "this random game has a female character who's not dressed like a stripper! SJW! SJW! SJW ALERT!"
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: Izzythewinner

Izzythewinner
9 months ago#46
EDarien posted...
Izzythewinner posted...
if they change it to blackrock slicer, this isnt vanilla anymore.

Good thing it's not Vanilla; it's Classic.

so we're back to using that argument?

in that case, lets expect some class balancing, graphics upgrades aswell because the game really needs it. if one change can happen, theres no reason to prevent more to help the game
World of Warcraft Classic Servers.
It's a brave new world. I couldn't be any happier.

User Info: Nomadic View

Nomadic View
9 months ago#47
They changed this when Obama became president. I can’t imagine they’ll leave it in.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=5022
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
{}xxxxxxxx{};;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

User Info: Evel138

Evel138
9 months ago#48
Dawnshadow posted...
(usually because of something that's not really SJW at all, just progressive.)

Without getting too political (I get enough of that on other boards), I'd love to hear what you believe defines "progressive".

Because "progress" has become synonymous with the kind of sanctimonious, self-righteous, post-modern, collectivist, regressive left social media lynch mob that are in very fact, the "social justice" crowd.
GT/PSN: Evel138
My gaming Space http://imgur.com/a/GjHxd

User Info: RushMkIII

RushMkIII
9 months ago#49
One side says: "I see nothing wrong with the name of this item, anyone who does is stupid or too sensitive." The other side says "this was changed for obvious reasons". Both are right.

We SHOULD be able to have an item named this way, it's thematic and intellectually separate. But we can't because people can't be trusted, and instead constantly use it to say purposely racist and offensive stuff. For Blizzard, the solution to the problem is mostly economic, it's much cheaper to change the name of a item than to devote time and manhours to moderate each individual instance of someone using it in an offensive way.

The OP, I suspect, doesn't care about this argument at all, and is instead trying to use this as some sort of insane purity test for WoW Classic. I'm just guessing, but I'd say the OP is acting like anything short of an exact recreation of launch-era WoW is unacceptable, and then by showing that the exact recreation is realistically impossible, that the entirety of WoW Classic is a waste of time. But that's just my guess.
fight fight fight fight HOLD ON MARIO PARTY TIME! - J Koch

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
9 months ago#50
Evel138 posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
(usually because of something that's not really SJW at all, just progressive.)

Without getting too political (I get enough of that on other boards), I'd love to hear what you believe defines "progressive".

Because "progress" has become synonymous with the kind of sanctimonious, self-righteous, post-modern, collectivist, regressive left social media lynch mob that are in very fact, the "social justice" crowd.

Social Justice Warriors are extremists. Very in your face, very eager to actively tear purple down. They're the ones who will tell you that white people shouldn't write because white people have said enough. (I don't like these people. I think they do more harm than good.)

Progression is things like the main character of the new Assassin's Creed game having dark skin (or, on a broader scale, having video game protagonists who aren't white men), acknowledging that homosexuals exist and offering gay romance options/including lgbqetc characters, realizing that women are also people, being civil to people who aren't like you. Acting like you're in 2018 and not 1950, in other words.

That's not to say that straight white men shouldn't exist in games. They just shouldn't be so standard that any deviation results in a small army screaming "why." A dev should be able to choose to make this character Hispanic and that one female because they want to, not because it serves a storyline purpose.

Think about all the whining about Bioware's writing or "not being able to identify" with a player character who isn't a straight white guy. Or the ridiculous outcry over Tracer (Overwatch) having a girlfriend in one of the tie in comics, while no one said a thing about Torb having, like, ten kids and being revealed as straight in the same comic. That's what I mean.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. This weapon's name is most likely gonna have to be changed for sjw reasons

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived