I just dont see how Classic will NOT be a s***fest.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I just dont see how Classic will NOT be a s***fest.

User Info: Zikten

Zikten
3 months ago#21
I'm kinda interested in Classic just to play the old zones again. I don't know if I would play it long term. but I might try it out for a little while just to revisit the original azeroth.
(message deleted)

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
3 months ago#23
It's also not going to be the vanilla people remembered. You aren't playing with tons of people who have limited experience. You will now be playing with people who've played for years if not a decade or more. PVP servers are going to be complete aids. Even if you find a server that isn't heavily skewed towards alliance, you will have to contend with the "ungoro mafia" camping the devilsaur spawns 24/7. They WILL control the rest of the economy because of it
http://imgur.com/lWlETpM --- ps4 board group picture

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
3 months ago#24
metralo posted...
WaffIeElite posted...
TheRedKingofJin posted...
BetaSquadron posted...
I just dont see people playing it past a month or two before the majority realise that Vanilla was actually hot garbage, and not worth a sub.

lol you're clueless. Vanilla's leveling is great today, it's a rewarding journey that Legion can't replicate. The world is also massive and populated unlike every other expansion which just has people sequestered in the new zones.

I played Vanilla in the day, leveling was great, world PVP was great but its not enough to pay a sub for, and I dont see many others flocking to give money to it either. It will be a small pop of die hard fans, that wouldnt even cover the cost for the work put in to implement it.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the private server community since, oh, around the time Cataclysm s*** all over WoW.

lol the same people that beg for flying to be unlocked from the start and that leveling takes so long are the same people that cry that vanilla was so much better. its all nostalgia.

if nostalgia is that strong for you to play a literal s*** tier game in 2018, go for it dude. rational people will play current wow or ff14

Jesus, calm down and learn to type. Besides, we don't want your kind anyway, so everything is good. You don't have us elitists looking down on you from several tiers above, and you get a game that just hands you free s*** for logging in. Everybody wins!
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: TheRedKingofJin

TheRedKingofJin
3 months ago#25
WaffIeElite posted...
metralo posted...
WaffIeElite posted...
BetaSquadron posted...
I just dont see people playing it past a month or two before the majority realise that Vanilla was actually hot garbage, and not worth a sub.

lol you're clueless. Vanilla's leveling is great today, it's a rewarding journey that Legion can't replicate. The world is also massive and populated unlike every other expansion which just has people sequestered in the new zones.

I played Vanilla in the day, leveling was great, world PVP was great but its not enough to pay a sub for, and I dont see many others flocking to give money to it either. It will be a small pop of die hard fans, that wouldnt even cover the cost for the work put in to implement it.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the private server community since, oh, around the time Cataclysm s*** all over WoW.

lol the same people that beg for flying to be unlocked from the start and that leveling takes so long are the same people that cry that vanilla was so much better. its all nostalgia.

if nostalgia is that strong for you to play a literal s*** tier game in 2018, go for it dude. rational people will play current wow or ff14

Jesus, calm down and learn to type. Besides, we don't want your kind anyway, so everything is good. You don't have us elitists looking down on you from several tiers above, and you get a game that just hands you free s*** for logging in. Everybody wins!

He wasn't wrong.
Sorry, but I am always right.

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
3 months ago#26
WaffIeElite posted...
metralo posted...
WaffIeElite posted...
BetaSquadron posted...

He wasn't wrong.

Yeah he was.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: rowdyrager

rowdyrager
3 months ago#27
"You think you want it, but you don't"

User Info: Nade Duck

Nade Duck
3 months ago#28
HajimeNoIppo posted...
People who remember it wrong, or never played it the first time around; Sure. But those who want the classic experience will play it, and play it alot. You'd be suprised at how popular that hot garbage was back in its day; warts and all.

tbh as weird as it sounds, the flaws were part of what made it an amazing experience. same reason the N64/PS1 era is probably my favorite era of gaming. i don't want a perfect cinematic experience (for the most part), i want a big, open world with strange stuff to experience and loads of weird mysteries (intentional or not) to wonder about.

a lot of people probably have forgotten about the issues, but i'm thinking (or at least hoping) that there are other weirdos like me that didn't really have any problem with them and actually kind of enjoyed them, especially seeing how people as a community would react to them and work together to figure that stuff out.

and honestly, yeah a lot of the fun was raiding with a big guild back then. it was a unique experience i'll probably never replicate. but a vast majority of it was bulls***ting with 1-2 of my buddies in the open world.
http://i.imgur.com/ElACjJD.gifv

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
3 months ago#29
If the game never moved past MoP, or just continued from MoP, I'd probably still be playing. Different people want different things. Some people might want the old leveling zones and raids, but with connected flight points. Would modern bnet chat really detract from the classic experience, especially considering we have "future sight", modern parsing, and Discord? Besides, it really wouldn't be WoW without all the complaints.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: FatalImage

FatalImage
3 months ago#30
metralo posted...

No idea why you think those are the same people. The flying beggars are the new generation of players.

Most of the people who truly like vanilla aren't complaining about flying because they literally aren't playing WoW any more because they find it unbearable. That's why 'Classic' is being created. Blizzard wants those players back.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I just dont see how Classic will NOT be a s***fest.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived