I just dont see how Classic will NOT be a s***fest.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I just dont see how Classic will NOT be a s***fest.

User Info: TheRedKingofJin

TheRedKingofJin
7 months ago#1
People had been crying and begging for Vanilla for years, and now, its finally coming, then all these people turn around and start asking "oh but can we have this with it too.." and "Im only gonna play if you change this...".

Its like, you either want vanilla or you dont, and to me, it seems like people dont actually want vanilla, they just want a personalised wow to their own tastes, and everyone wants something different.

I just dont see people playing it past a month or two before the majority realise that Vanilla was actually hot garbage, and not worth a sub.

I feel like it is a poor waste of resources on blizzards part, resources we can use to improve the actual game, you know, like updating Silvermoon from 10 years ago.
Sorry, but I am always right.

User Info: Joshjosh022

Joshjosh022
7 months ago#2
People that willingly want to play vanilla are the worst kind of masochists, so I'm sure they'll be fine

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
7 months ago#3
TheRedKingofJin posted...

I just dont see people playing it past a month or two before the majority realise that Vanilla was actually hot garbage, and not worth a sub.

People who remember it wrong, or never played it the first time around; Sure. But those who want the classic experience will play it, and play it alot. You'd be suprised at how popular that hot garbage was back in its day; warts and all.

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
7 months ago#4
vanilla is time-to-win, perfect for no life turbo nerds who whine on forums
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
7 months ago#5
I do hope they simply install whatever version without changes, I want wall jumping and other exploration stuff (auto unstuck/blinking through invisible walls) left in .
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: Pirwzwhomper

Pirwzwhomper
7 months ago#6
The people who have been asking for Classic for years are not the same people trolling for changes to how the game actually was back then.

They are different groups of people, and the trolls are best left ignored.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg

User Info: Sparksfanboy

Sparksfanboy
7 months ago#7
Can't wait for release. Wow Classic will be great. People will be playing it for years. The people who will be back here complaining will be the ones who buy into the BFA scam two months after release.
https://i.imgur.com/gSVInDW.jpg

User Info: TheRedKingofJin

TheRedKingofJin
7 months ago#8
HajimeNoIppo posted...

People who remember it wrong, or never played it the first time around; Sure. But those who want the classic experience will play it, and play it alot. You'd be suprised at how popular that hot garbage was back in its day; warts and all.

I know it was popular back in the day, because it was the best there was. I played it myself back then.

but today, there is no way it is worth subbing to, compared to what we have now.
Sorry, but I am always right.

User Info: Vindris_SNH

Vindris_SNH
7 months ago#9
it seems like people dont actually want vanilla, they just want a personalised wow to their own tastes, and everyone wants something different.

Yep, that's what it comes down to.

There is a large group of players that want vanilla completely untouched, filled with s***ty mechanics and bugs and all. Then you get players disconnecting from that group that want the game mostly the same, but with bug fixes. Then you get players that want certain mechanics altered (like minimum 16 debuffs on NPCs) that made little or no sense in vanilla. Then you get players that want quality of life features implemented. Then you get players that want bonus features like Transmog implemented.

Then what about players who want progression servers, and what about when legacy BC releases? Is Vanilla going to go away again at that point?

The list goes on.

Almost no one is going to get the game they want, because so many people want different things. And for the players that haven't been playing on private servers, they're going to be shocked by how bad vanilla is by today's standards.
glitteringfairy: Just build the damn wall
ThyCorndog: and how exactly will that stop the mexican space program from orbital dropping illegal immigrants?

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
7 months ago#10
Only two things I really want, aside from bug/exploit fixes which they already mentioned plans to fix, would be a DX11 render option for improved performance and the ability to unlock transmogs for retail to bring back all those items lost through the various world/zone/quest overhauls. I can't imagine them not adding in achievements as well which I don't really care about one way or the other.

I wouldn't mind if they buffed up some of the undertuned specs, or made technical changes to make them more viable in raids like the above mentioned debuff slot limits. I don't want to see any major overhauls though, just tuning the numbers a bit. Another 'take it or leave it' change for me, alongside achievements, would be if they added an option for any higher resolution models/textures that have been introduced over the years, or even just for players. Definitely gotta have the old models as an option though. Even in retail I find myself going back and forth when I play my old characters for nostalgia's sake
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. I just dont see how Classic will NOT be a s***fest.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived