What if they made a new player faction, with a twist

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What if they made a new player faction, with a twist

User Info: Bagamak

Bagamak
1 month ago#1
You can't start on this faction. But anyone can join it
It would be a faction of outcasts and people who hate the alliance and horde. Both sides can do a quest to betray their faction and join this new one. So once in it, you could be a human who is guildmates with an orc.

User Info: DigitalDice

DigitalDice
1 month ago#2
How would that affect things from old world questing, to faction themed mounts/pets/toys/achievements, to PvP? Starting pandarens are part of a third faction, and look at all the stuff that they have to shuck just to make that work? (Mitigated only by the fact that the starting experience is quick enough and then you get all the goodies back.)

I agree with you that faction conflict is stupid from an in-universe perspective, and that reasonable people in the world would be doing their damnedest to heal the faction divide. But as far as game mechanics are concerned, the idea is too deeply embedded in the game to remove.

User Info: Flyingpirate

Flyingpirate
1 month ago#3
Only if I can teleport behind them and end their lives.
"It's one of those things that just happens when idealism begins to viciously bludgeon realism." - Questionmarktarius

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 month ago#4
Would the third faction be hostile to both the Alliance and Horde? (e.g. you can't go into enemy cities, PvP flags would allow you to kill both, etc). if so, i don't think I'd like that.

I'd rather have the ability to be truly neutral like the major NPC factions are (Argent Dawn/Crusade, Cenarion Circle, etc). Maybe through a quetline of joining the faction fully, and then you wouldn't be hostile to either Alliance or Horde and you could move about freely. You could still flag for PvP but it would put you into FFA mode outside your group.

User Info: Bagamak

Bagamak
1 month ago#5
redundancies posted...
Would the third faction be hostile to both the Alliance and Horde? (e.g. you can't go into enemy cities, PvP flags would allow you to kill both, etc). if so, i don't think I'd like that.

yes. but they would have their own cities to use. it's a fully fleshed out faction just like alliance and horde. and it has it's own quests and everything.

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
1 month ago#6
I'm always up for a twist!
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Voodoo_Voldo

Voodoo_Voldo
1 month ago#7
When you zone into AV you start in the Field of Strife.

Also you lose every match, regardless of which side wins.

You can only win Eye of the Storm by holding the flag, preventing anyone else from getting it, and running to unclaimed bases.

In AB you are the Blacksmiths apprentice....
Gladiator's Resolve must live on!

User Info: TheRedKingofJin

TheRedKingofJin
1 month ago#8
I think BFA is setting wow up to be like Everquest 2, and have no factions.
Sorry, but I am always right.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What if they made a new player faction, with a twist

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived