if they just made the allied races paid DLC from the cash shop, they would make

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. if they just made the allied races paid DLC from the cash shop, they would make

User Info: Zikten

Zikten
9 months ago#1
alot of profit. I think more than making us grind for it. that's how it worked in The Old Republic. they just have you buy the new races

User Info: Joker_X_II

Joker_X_II
9 months ago#2
How about "NO", ya crazy pumpkin-spice non-gamer......
Now that Disney bought FOX; does that mean the Xenomorph is the new Disney Princess?

User Info: tote_all

tote_all
9 months ago#3
Oh hi Zikten, didn't know you played WoW too.
Pokemon Ultra Sun / Sun / Omega Ruby / Y
Tote | 3497 - 5383 - 4619

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
9 months ago#4
As before, I don't agree with Joker on much - but this is absolutely a bad idea.

Choice of race is a big reason to play the game, between animations and general aesthetics - a much bigger portion than anything like, say, a store bought mount.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
9 months ago#5
That doesn't sit well with me, either, Zed. Unlike store mounts and shiny helmets, which are okay, a race actually gives in-game advantages. The allied races in particular seem pretty strong.

I'm already not happy with the store pets being so good in pet battles; they should each have a capturable version with the same moveset and type (even if the skin is more generic.)

If WoW were free to play, I'd be more okay with it.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

SilentZed
9 months ago#6
Dawnshadow posted...

I'm on the fence about whether I would be okay with WoW being F2P or not. On one hand, it might allow the sub we currently pay to go toward aesthetic options like costumes, etc.

But on the other, we have to consider what we're losing (even something as simple as proper Auction access (unlimited access, more selling slots, less commission taken out per transaction, etc) can be locked behind a "Subscriber Pack" that lasts 30 days, as well as opening the flood gates community to wise which I think would be unwise. All in all, I feel like F2P MMOs offer less than subscription based MMOs, and a lot of the time there's legitimate P2W in a lot of them that also turns me off to even the possibility.

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
9 months ago#7
SilentZed posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

I'm on the fence about whether I would be okay with WoW being F2P or not. On one hand, it might allow the sub we currently pay to go toward aesthetic options like costumes, etc.

But on the other, we have to consider what we're losing (even something as simple as proper Auction access (unlimited access, more selling slots, less commission taken out per transaction, etc) can be locked behind a "Subscriber Pack" that lasts 30 days, as well as opening the flood gates community to wise which I think would be unwise. All in all, I feel like F2P MMOs offer less than subscription based MMOs, and a lot of the time there's legitimate P2W in a lot of them that also turns me off to even the possibility.

Same here. I'd rather it be sub. But sub fee plus paywall on game effecting items isn't justifiable.

Hell, I don't like that there's no way to earn services directly in game. (Indirectly via converting gold to tokens, yes.) Giving paying customers one free race change a year or a free realm change every six months would be a step in the right direction.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: wombat013

wombat013
9 months ago#8
I want all races for each faction. It is beyond windowlicker to think there are no traitors from either side. But paying? Loooooool
F
O
H

SilentZed
9 months ago#9
wombat013 posted...
I want all races for each faction. It is beyond windowlicker to think there are no traitors from either side. But paying? Loooooool
F
O
H

I've wanted that for a while now. Other MMOs have allowed you to do that in the past, usually through quite a bit of effort but it was still pretty awesome. Hell, even if it was something as complicated as doing The Insane back in the day, some sort of effort filter.

It would make the people who did it really dedicated, like defectors would have to be.

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
9 months ago#10
terrible idea. people would just get "scarlet lettered" like what happened when they put those cosmetic helms in the shop
http://imgur.com/lWlETpM --- ps4 board group picture
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. if they just made the allied races paid DLC from the cash shop, they would make

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived