will you be sad if Battle For Azeroth is the last expansion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. will you be sad if Battle For Azeroth is the last expansion?

User Info: XenoMecha

XenoMecha
9 months ago#11
If wow makes money, they will never ever stop.
Steam: XenoMecha

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
9 months ago#12
Perascamin posted...
Zikten posted...
MajinUltima posted...
Then they'll announce
"World of Overwatch: Project Titan"

or World of Starcraft

World of Starcraft will never happen. It's their main RTS platform.

World of Diablo could, though.

World of Diablo: like WoW but with even worse dialogue and voice acting
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
9 months ago#13
Kompis_Kanin posted...
World of Diablo: like WoW but with even worse dialogue and voice acting

So, the original Resident Evil cut for the playstation levels of voice acting.

You know, I'd actually be down that and all of its terribleness. As it stands right now, WoW is in the middle. It's still garbage and not well written enough to be compelling, and still too silly in a lot of places. Think of it as the first Evil Dead where its trying to be scary and just failing endlessly. WoW is desperately in need of the Evil Dead 2 treatment where they drop the pretense and embrace the silliness.

"This weapon is really powerful, especially against void things."
"Thrall was our old Warchief, y'know."
"Velen, don't shcrew uhp ahgen."
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
9 months ago#14
No chance they drop WoW until they have a replacement (aka unlikely after this expansion.) Even now it generates more money than pretty much all non-mobile games
http://imgur.com/lWlETpM --- ps4 board group picture

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
9 months ago#15
I'd be fine if they went to an episodic system, where you just buy each raid tier and its associated open-world content for $10 or so.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: Scarletess

Scarletess
9 months ago#16
Seems like a weird place to stop. BFA seems like it's starting up a new plotline not settling an existing one, Legion would make more sense as a final expansion.

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
9 months ago#17
Dawnshadow posted...
I'd be fine if they went to an episodic system, where you just buy each raid tier and its associated open-world content for $10 or so.

That is actually not an awful idea...
At first I thought it was, but I would most likely save money that way...
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
9 months ago#18
Scarletess posted...
Seems like a weird place to stop. BFA seems like it's starting up a new plotline not settling an existing one, Legion would make more sense as a final expansion.

Yeah, Legion could have storywise been the last one as the threat of the Burning Legion is basically over and there's no immediate threats. Even if Azshara and Old Gods remain, there's nothing right now that basically threatens Azeroth (I think)

But BFA could also lead up to a WC4 by going back to the war between the two factions. With no greater threat looming over the horizon they'd either settle for an uneasy cold war or just grab the chance to go all out. So having WoW basically end lorewise after BFA could have been the best ticket for Blizzard to go for WC4.

Of course, I don't want them to end WoW and there's no way it's gonna happen as long as the game is doing so well on paid subscriptions, but a WC4 would have been amazing.
Dodgson, Dodgson, We've got Dodgson here!

User Info: Blak4xis

Blak4xis
9 months ago#19
I don't think I would be, but there's no way they're going to stop. For better or worse, WoW is the most popular mmo out there, and as long as Blizzard has that hold on their corner of mmo market, they'll keep development going.
So fresh and clean.

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
9 months ago#20
I would be disappointment if BFA became the last expansion because there's no better MMO in the market, but I know that won't happen. They didn't stop the game when there was a whole lot of MMO competition on the market from 2010 - 2015. Now nobody wants to step up and the market is back in Blizzard's hands to monopolize again. It would be stupid not to take advantage of that. There are F2P MMOs that are being run by 5 devs and WoW team has 500, lol. That alone speaks for itself.

Their quality and quantity of content is higher than ever. Now with the level scaling, they can make any content from any expansion playable again. Those hybrid PvE/PvP features of BFA can last forever if they keep them rewarding enough. If they implement M+ into timewalking and make PvP great again, things like that will never age and WoW would basically become immortal like some multiplayer games on the market that never die.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. will you be sad if Battle For Azeroth is the last expansion?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived