Has anyone seen a Survival Hunter doing well in their raids?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Has anyone seen a Survival Hunter doing well in their raids?

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
3 months ago#1
Or anywhere else for that matter?

It's just occurred to me that even in LFG/LFR/Group Finder, I don't think I've ever seen a Survival Hunter. It's possible I have and just wasn't paying attention or they were just low on the list, but they certainly haven't been at the top of anything meter wise in any run I have been in.

That seems rather worrying. Is it essentially post-nerf Gladiator from WoD?
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: firehockey91

firehockey91
3 months ago#2
I have. One of my friends is a gm on a different server and he mains survival and when we pug together he’s always pushing top dps. I’ve seen him as high as 1.8mil ST which is fairly strong atm
3ds FC: 0748-2838-7275

User Info: Genocet_10-325

Genocet_10-325
3 months ago#3
It's worse than post nerf gladiator. At least glad spec allowed people with tank gear to do decent dps. Surv has no such benefit, and there's no reason to choose it over the high dps ranged MM and the lower but 100% mobile and still ranged BM.
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno

SilentZed
3 months ago#4
That's encouraging at least - I was somewhat concerned as I am about to get my Hunter to 110 and was going to at least try Survival Hunter out and was alarmed at the realization that I have never seen one.

I wonder why it's so rare, then - aside from the fact that melee seems a bit bloated at the moment.

Also @Genocet_10-325 that makes sense, too. Especially in Antorus, there's a number of fights which are just problematic for melee and positioning, especially the most important fights.

User Info: Genocet_10-325

Genocet_10-325
3 months ago#5
SilentZed posted...
That's encouraging at least - I was somewhat concerned as I am about to get my Hunter to 110 and was going to at least try Survival Hunter out and was alarmed at the realization that I have never seen one.

I wonder why it's so rare, then - aside from the fact that melee seems a bit bloated at the moment.

Also @Genocet_10-325 that makes sense, too. Especially in Antorus, there's a number of fights which are just problematic for melee and positioning, especially the most important fights.

That's compounded by the fact it's a very difficult spec to play effectively. Harder than MM and WAY harder than BM. There's a ton of buttons and a lot of ways to f*** up. Also the stat priority is completely the opposite from MM and BM. They favor mastery and versatility is trash. Surv likes versatility and mastery is trash.
Formerly known as The_Great_Geno

SilentZed
3 months ago#6
So that means not only do you have to screw yourself over chasing sup-optimal gear for your other specs (I hate that), you're going into a bloated DPS category to work harder for similar results if not lower results.

Is Survival one of the specs getting an overhaul come BfA?

I will say that difficult specs can be a lot of fun to play and very fulfilling to pull off, but at the very least these are all very good answers to definitely explains their scarcity.

It does however make me want to try them out all the more.

User Info: Voodoo_Voldo

Voodoo_Voldo
3 months ago#7
I have an obscene amount of fun as Survival... but it is so easy to accidently let buffs or dots fall off that is it a bit frustrating.. I simply don't like playing as ranged... with elemental shaman being the main exception I've found that I enjoy (mostly because of the visuals...)

Also. I rocked DPS with Gladiator Stance in Blackrock and Hellfire. >_> Didn't swap back to Arms until I had gotten my 4pc+trinket
Gladiator's Resolve must live on!

User Info: xcess

xcess
3 months ago#8
Its cos most people chose hunter cos they want to be ranged, if they want to be melee there are so many other classes already to pick from. If you pug a lot people might not pick you cos most grps are melee heavy. But from warcraftlogs they seem to be the best hunter spec if you know how to play it well

User Info: Kompis_Kanin

Kompis_Kanin
3 months ago#9
I've honestly never seen a survival hunter at all...
Deep down inside, we all know that Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

User Info: Chicken

Chicken
3 months ago#10
Whenever I see a survival hunter in a BG I panic because he’s doing all sorts of s*** that I dont understand and I dont know how to react.

And then I remember I’m a fury warrior so I just obliterate him and move on.
http://i.imgur.com/x7j6mQ8.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Has anyone seen a Survival Hunter doing well in their raids?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived