So many dicks in this game....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. So many dicks in this game....

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
3 months ago#11
If you think there's a lot in the game, you should see draenei hentai.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
3 months ago#12
Joker_X_II posted...
We're all self-entitled a******s deep down, but the trick inside was to create a structure where we'd all say "Look, I hate you, you hate me, but we need to get along in order for us to clear this content. Do your job, I'll do mine, we'll wipe, we'll laugh, we'll win, and maybe it'll be "fun" in the end". .....it's part of the "hierarchy", because you'll be inspired to do better, and be better. If you can't then you're useless, and should be shuffled aside until you 'learn' to be better for everyone else (while gaining a better gaming experience, if you can go with that flow).

Even with this "structure" in place there were plenty of people who were outwardly a******s. How would I have known if they weren't outward about it?

User Info: Joker_X_II

Joker_X_II
3 months ago#13
redundancies posted...
Joker_X_II posted...
We're all self-entitled a******s deep down, but the trick inside was to create a structure where we'd all say "Look, I hate you, you hate me, but we need to get along in order for us to clear this content. Do your job, I'll do mine, we'll wipe, we'll laugh, we'll win, and maybe it'll be "fun" in the end". .....it's part of the "hierarchy", because you'll be inspired to do better, and be better. If you can't then you're useless, and should be shuffled aside until you 'learn' to be better for everyone else (while gaining a better gaming experience, if you can go with that flow).

Even with this "structure" in place there were plenty of people who were outwardly a******s. How would I have known if they weren't outward about it?

Then this is where you'd have to start talking specifics and the 'nature' of their a******-isms.

Because 9 times out of 10, most are a******s over other people under-performing to 'their' high expectations.

And how do we gauge what being an a****** is? Since if said a****** is a raid-leader regardless, one needs to be hard with others to keep their members in line so everyone can have a smooth raid session in the limited time they'd have. You'd think he's a real a****** because he called out 2+ members for horse-ass'in around? Sure,....to me that's an accept level of a******-ism to deal with.

...but if you're part of the camp where every game needs to have some kind of SJW-safe space bubble and preserve a player's right to horse-ass around, not be a team-player for everyone else. .....well that's called LFR, and look at how bad the game has got; since topic like this still appear on forums.
Now that Disney bought FOX; does that mean the Xenomorph is the new Disney Princess?
(message deleted)

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 months ago#15
Joker_X_II posted...
As well, on the subject of "fun". Fun comes at the expense of other players. In order to put in something YOU might find "fun" in the game, something was taken out that other players found "fun".

If you really believe this, it explains why your attitude toward gaming is so f***ed up. Fun is not zero-sum. It's possible for me to have fun in my way and you to have fun in yours. And, no, the devs don't actively axe features just because someone had too much fun one day and so someone else had to lose out.

For example, the other night I had a ton of fun. My friend and I holed up in the Dalaran Library and had a long in-character discussion on Winterveil gifts, shadow magic theory, mind healing, and reverse-engineering the command pods (the ones seen in the High Command fight) as a possible way to improve the coordination of armies. It was awesome. Way better than spending the evening in a raid.

Whose fun was taken out of the game to pay for this?
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: Megawizard

Megawizard
3 months ago#16
redundancies posted...
Joker_X_II posted...
LFR culture of self-entitlement....

Right, because there weren't a ton of self-entitled a******s back in the vanilla days. Sure...

There were, but in most cases they got kicked to the curb rather quick unless they were high on the ladder. Or the raid/guild leader's GF.
Owl-keeping creep
#Back2Hogwarts

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
3 months ago#17
redundancies posted...
Joker_X_II posted...
LFR culture of self-entitlement....

Right, because there weren't a ton of self-entitled a******s back in the vanilla days. Sure...

There were very, very few.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: Joker_X_II

Joker_X_II
3 months ago#18
Dawnshadow posted...
If you really believe this, it explains why your attitude toward gaming is so f***ed up

....and if you're believing in the opposite, I'd say you got bigger problems than you claim I have....

Fun is not zero-sum.

Au contraire! In an MMORPG, "meant for everyone (a large playerbase with a wide-spectrum of styles)", it IS...!

I mean even you've said a few times "Blizzard can't please everyone.",....and this is why.

And, no, the devs don't actively axe features just because someone had too much fun one day and so someone else had to lose out.

...and yet, I'm still stuck with a Toy Train Set that doesn't make any noise...*tiny example, but it fits.

But yes, I'm sure Blizzard doesn't intentionally and actively find ways to cut one thing, just to cheapen another*...they just lack the foresight to see the incidental consequences of making those changes, in the long-term.

*Although I will say that Blizzard/Activision creates their demographic they want to cater to, the majority do not speak for themselves. If Blizzard wanted real gamers to thrive in their game, LFR wouldn't have existed at all, and allowed the population to flourish as such. Instead they choose the other way, which leads to a culture of 'non-gamers' and their base-instincts for easy-mode play....and their dick-ish attitude.

For example, the other night I had a ton of fun. My friend and I holed up in the Dalaran Library and had a long in-character discussion on Winterveil gifts, shadow magic theory, mind healing, and reverse-engineering the command pods (the ones seen in the High Command fight) as a possible way to improve the coordination of armies. It was awesome. Way better than spending the evening in a raid.

Whose fun was taken out of the game to pay for this?
'

This really has nothing to do with the point at hand.

You chose an activity outside of the main structure of the game, on par with "Mr.Skinner's Envelope Licking Game"...good for you, but not really proving your point against mine since it has nothing to do with the main staple designs deeper within the broader game that I am referring to.
Now that Disney bought FOX; does that mean the Xenomorph is the new Disney Princess?

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
3 months ago#19
ya...gonna need context. there are plenty of people out there that their "having fun" is seen as wasting time/boring to the majority of people. if you are one of those people who find "having fun" is different than the social norm, you should refrain from doing so with randoms. there are plenty of people where its more fun to complete something as quick as possible than it is to dick around in content theyve seen weeks/months/years on end.
http://imgur.com/lWlETpM --- ps4 board group picture

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
3 months ago#20
Joker_X_II posted...
Then this is where you'd have to start talking specifics and the 'nature' of their a******-isms.

I'm just talking about generally unpleasant people. It ranges the gamut from people talking s*** about others, or talking down to folks (e.g. "you don't know x? You're an idiot!" rather than teaching them, like you'd expect in a team environment), acting like their s*** didn't stink because they had a tier piece, etc.

The funny thing is, you claim that LFR is full of toxic a******s, but that hasn't been the case in my experience. Most of the time, everyone shows up, kills some stuff leisurely, a couple people make random jokes, people trade loot they don't need. So I don't see this problem that you keep bringing up about LFR breeding terrible people.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. So many dicks in this game....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived