Is their anypoint in the different heirlooms of the same armortype at this point

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Is their anypoint in the different heirlooms of the same armortype at this point

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
8 months ago#11
Key posted...
Rogue can use the same 1 hander twice

You're right =( That was a bad example.

Protection Warrior and Protection Paladin need the offhand which counts as an armor upgrade for the shield. Elemental Shaman (though I 'think' they can use Staves, so that might not be an issue).

All in all, using the 2H/2 of the same weapon saves you a bit of gold to the tune of 3200g, but it's still over 26k regardless for full heirlooms. Not a lot of gold, considering how much can be made just with passive, non-communities means like Class Halls, WQs for gold, and combat follower bonuses - but is still a chunk of you're buying several different sets for alts.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: Key

Key
8 months ago#12
SilentZed posted...
. Elemental Shaman (though I 'think' they can use Staves, so that might not be an issue).

They can but yeah I know what you mean Heirlooms can get pricey
<:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;}]\\\\\\O=('-'Q)
(>'-')> <('-'<) ^( '-' )^ v( '-' )v <('-'<) ^(_ _)^ (>'-')> ^(^-^)

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
8 months ago#13
Yea there's a reason. Why the f*** would you wear a dress when you can wear plate that looks like bad ass Might set. If you want to go toting around a dress wearing Warrior then that's up to you but the rest of us want our characters looking bad ass from level 1-110.

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
8 months ago#14
SilentZed posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
superstud69x posted...
Well, you get a 5% bonus to your main stat if you wear all of one type of armor, so there's that.

And that only kicks in at 40.

I leveled my hunter and shaman in leather heirlooms and every single one of my casters in cloth, back when heirlooms were a lot more expensive. They're a lot cheaper now, but if the main stat is right you're still okay, especially at low levels.

Are they less expensive now?

You can buy them with gold now. Gold is easy with a little common sense. (And no, I don't mean the sense to buy a token.)

You used to have to buy the PvE ones with the tokens (and, later, points) you earned from completing dungeons and/or raids and the PvP ones with honor (or Wintergrasp tokens.) You could also use Argent Fair tokens or Darkmoon prize tickets (I actually think you still can, if you want.)

It took many runs to unlock one heirloom, and for a very long time they couldn't be mailed cross realm.

Yes, there was once a much higher investment required to get them.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
8 months ago#15
Dawnshadow posted...
Yes, there was once a much higher investment required to get them.

It's been so long - I had forgotten we used to have to use Badges of Justice for them.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Is their anypoint in the different heirlooms of the same armortype at this point

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived