Good melee class for a newbie.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Good melee class for a newbie.

User Info: UchihaX66

UchihaX66
6 months ago#1
Any tips for a decent melee class between warrior, rogue, monk or DH?

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
6 months ago#2
Demon Hunter is pretty simple and the mobility makes a big difference in just quality of life. Warrior has a ton of survivability.

Monk gets some getting used to but isn't that hard, you just shouldn't use the same move twice in a row and you'll generally be ok. Also has extremely good mobility and some decent survivability options.

Rogue has stealth, which lets you bypass a lot of fights, but also has extremely low survivability compared to the other three classes and I find them more frustrating to play because you're waiting on your energy resource a lot so you're not constantly pushing a button.

User Info: Heftybags

Heftybags
6 months ago#3
Feral Druid has sneaking around and heals.
I watch Cops with no pants on.

User Info: UchihaX66

UchihaX66
6 months ago#4
rawkuss posted...
Demon Hunter is pretty simple and the mobility makes a big difference in just quality of life. Warrior has a ton of survivability.

Monk gets some getting used to but isn't that hard, you just shouldn't use the same move twice in a row and you'll generally be ok. Also has extremely good mobility and some decent survivability options.

Rogue has stealth, which lets you bypass a lot of fights, but also has extremely low survivability compared to the other three classes and I find them more frustrating to play because you're waiting on your energy resource a lot so you're not constantly pushing a button.

How does rogue have worst survivability than monks and DH when they have the same armor?

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
6 months ago#5
Every single class is good for a newbie

seriously
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
6 months ago#6
Monk.

User Info: Emerald_Wyvern

Emerald_Wyvern
6 months ago#7
Windwalker Monk
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock

User Info: rawkuss

rawkuss
6 months ago#8
UchihaX66 posted...
rawkuss posted...

How does rogue have worst survivability than monks and DH when they have the same armor?

They have moves that heal and they can use it frequently. All three classes have moves that increase some form of survivability (like dodge or parry or reducing how much damage they can take) but monks and DH have moves that can heal on a very short cooldown. Rogues have one move that can heal, but it's also on a long cooldown so you can't really use it more than once a fight.

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
6 months ago#9
I have a maxed dh and rogue and can give you an idea. There was a thread on the official forums easiest to play class in the game. Havoc dh won the title. Most people think Havoc is fun because of great mobility and glide. However, for me the rotation is too simple and boring. No procs, no dots, no buffs or debuffs to watch, no combo points. Mostly use all cd’s ASAP, Mainly spam 3~4 keys. Rogue also has pretty good mobility with teleport and sprint. Monk is estremely mobile like dh.

If you like a more involved melee class, rogue is the way to go. And it’s the only one with three melee dps specs that you can switch to for great diversity. They all play very different and are all very fun imo. Monk and dh are stuck with one spec. Rogues have combo points, dots, buffs, debuffs, and you have to think about when to use cd’s based on buffs, debuffs, etc. and cd combos.

I have absolutely no problem soloing on my rogue. However, I agree it’s a little harder than havoc or monk due to the long cd heal. That said, you have escape tools like vanish, blind, distract, stuns,etc. warrior is pretty simple to play as well kinda like dh.

I would read these class guides, watch you tube on rotations, talents, etc. make 100 trial chars do initial scenario, and test rotations on dummies before committing.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/class-guides
Kill the King...The King is Dead...Long live the King...I am the King

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
6 months ago#10
In terms of performance, rogue always has at least one top tier dps spec. For a long time, WW monk was a bottom tier dps spec, but they are currently doing very well. If you were WW, you had no other specs to switch too in raids. Also, I had no survivability issues leveling rogue I think you would be fine. However, you’ll have to be more careful. Although rogue was my second character so that helped some. Stealth is fun too, and it’s cool sneaking by all the mobs to the quest objective while others have to fight.
Kill the King...The King is Dead...Long live the King...I am the King
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Good melee class for a newbie.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived