Need some serious help with "Closing the eye".

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Need some serious help with "Closing the eye".

User Info: DarkfireAxel

DarkfireAxel
2 months ago#11
https://worldofwarcraft.com/it-it/character/pozzo-delleternita/leizen

I have access to AotHG (1000), Achor the eternal hunger (1000), KJBW (940) and Mo'arg bionic stabilizers (940). I got suggested to try Bloodlet + Mo'arg, but this was before the nerf (I stopped playing on Broken Shore release). I don't know if it's still worth it.

Yes I know how to use VR to move forward, however in a circular arena I tend to get disoriented after doing that. I'm also considering throwing Nemesis on the adds, since I think the bonus applies to everyone after that add dies.

I should mention I have no problem staying alive during the whole phase. I only ever die in second arcane and, well... Second boss. That's why I ditched Achor completely. Also yes, I was switching talents when possible, but I found out that doing so would lead me to die while kiting (since I do it very slowly I usually get clipped by a tick of damage. 20% of my health gone.) Not to mention the usual Felblade build has poor AoE damage. I should probably grab the new tier and stay Demonic for the whole fight. But I stopped raiding with Nighthold so I can only grab LFR stuff, lol.

Also, positioning. I put myself at the edge of the arena but the boss only stays between me and the Eye. He won't get to the edge, no matter how I move.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening.
But heed his lesson well, Arisen, for when the weak court death, they find it."

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
2 months ago#12
DarkfireAxel posted...
Also, positioning. I put myself at the edge of the arena but the boss only stays between me and the Eye. He won't get to the edge, no matter how I move.

This is definitely something that does happen, but how it works is like this - you get him with your back as close as possible, and as he drops his pools and you are moving back slightly around the edge, he will slowly edge closer and closer to the ring of the arena.

The big deal is making sure the adds are dead in a timely manner because this will allow you to get him as close to the position you left him in as possible without him covering ground to get back to you and, ultimately, meaning the pools become more spread out.

I strongly encourage Demonic because of the huge impact it makes in both keeping you alive because of the leech, and the burst potential it gives you for the adds in second phase.

Since you say you have no problem staying alive, I would use AotHG and KJBW on first phase and Achor and KJBW on second phase (Since you do say you are dying second phase), since KJ will give you an extra CD to pop the adds at least once. I would work on upgrading Burning Wish anyways with your next Titanic Essence.

Use VR with your back to the arena liberally (on CD) to keep maximum uptime of the leech and to keep your health high while you're burning the boss.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

DarkfireAxel
2 months ago#13
Welp I died at 16%. I suppose I should wait for tier 'cause I feel I deserved that one lmao.

SilentZed
2 months ago#14
DarkfireAxel posted...
Welp I died at 16%. I suppose I should wait for tier 'cause I feel I deserved that one lmao.

That's damn close. Was there anything you messed up on? Enough that you could consider not making that mistake could have given you a kill?

If you feel like you are kind of at the limit in terms of feeling like that was the best you could do, just try getting a bit more gear. Greater Invasions can give out 930 gear. Can you buy the 885 pieces and upgrade them to 935 if you don't have 935 or higher pieces in your head and shoulder slots?

DarkfireAxel
2 months ago#15
SilentZed posted...
DarkfireAxel posted...

That's damn close. Was there anything you messed up on? Enough that you could consider not making that mistake could have given you a kill?

If you feel like you are kind of at the limit in terms of feeling like that was the best you could do, just try getting a bit more gear. Greater Invasions can give out 930 gear. Can you buy the 885 pieces and upgrade them to 935 if you don't have 935 or higher pieces in your head and shoulder slots?

https://imgur.com/a/e6v04

Man, thanks for the help. I know I didn't do anything special at this item level, but damn that felt rewarding. Feel free to hand out Frost Mage tips too, although that's just me sucking at kiting so there's only so much that can be done.

SilentZed
2 months ago#16
DarkfireAxel posted...
Feel free to hand out Frost Mage tips too, although that's just me sucking at kiting so there's only so much that can be done.

Congratulations on getting it done!

It does feel rewarding to struggle against something for so long, especially something that frustrated the hell out of you and to finally overcome it.

As for Frost, I had to learn was how to kite because of that challenge. I rarely played ranged, and hadn't for years so it was all alien to me.

The most helpful things to remember is your positioning on casting Frozen Orb during the later phases with the adds and to always, ALWAYS keep Blizzard up. Every second you don't have Blizzard dealing damage to the adds and to the brother you are kiting up is one to several seconds Frozen Orb CD reduction you're not getting.

It's possible to keep Frozen Orb up pretty much always which is 'everything' in that fight. It's a huge amount of extra damage on the casting brother, both because of FO's damage and because of Fingers of Frost charges.

User Info: GreatHammurabi

GreatHammurabi
2 months ago#17
For Frost, make a macro to target the hand so you can quickly burn it down and interrupt it without taking your eyes off Karam and the adds.

It also may seem like a good idea to take Lonely Winter for the damage boost but the Water Elemental is invaluable for soaking the Rune of Summoning. Hotkey the 'Move to' pet command somewhere easily accessible and use your elemental to soak the run, so you don't have to f*** up your kiting. This is especially helpful if the Rune pops right in Karam's or the adds path, where it would likely be impossible to soak without dying.

There's a lot going on, but don't forget to Icy Veins when you have it and pop Time Warp at the start the final phase. Once the final phase starts you want all of your damage to go on Raest and the Hands. Don't damage Karam outside of Frozen Orb and Kiting. You'll be getting a s***load of Ice Lance procs to unload on Raest as well but save them for the Hands too, they are priority targets.

You may still have to Frostbolt Karam during the final phase from time to time, if he gets separated from the adds, but try to keep him grouped up as much as possible. Never let a slow fall off of him.
3DS Friend Code: 5284 - 1400 - 8692
Friend Safari: Dewgong, Sneasel, Delibird - In Game Name: Andrew

DarkfireAxel
2 months ago#18
GreatHammurabi posted...
For Frost, make a macro to target the hand so you can quickly burn it down and interrupt it without taking your eyes off Karam and the adds.

It also may seem like a good idea to take Lonely Winter for the damage boost but the Water Elemental is invaluable for soaking the Rune of Summoning. Hotkey the 'Move to' pet command somewhere easily accessible and use your elemental to soak the run, so you don't have to f*** up your kiting. This is especially helpful if the Rune pops right in Karam's or the adds path, where it would likely be impossible to soak without dying.

There's a lot going on, but don't forget to Icy Veins when you have it and pop Time Warp at the start the final phase. Once the final phase starts you want all of your damage to go on Raest and the Hands. Don't damage Karam outside of Frozen Orb and Kiting. You'll be getting a s***load of Ice Lance procs to unload on Raest as well but save them for the Hands too, they are priority targets.

You may still have to Frostbolt Karam during the final phase from time to time, if he gets separated from the adds, but try to keep him grouped up as much as possible. Never let a slow fall off of him.

Tbh the only thing that pisses me off from that challange is the speed buff that Karam steadily gains. I'm 924 with my Frost Mage but I have terrible stats, low Crit and Haste. I saw some vids of the fight, I see people throwing Frozen Orb and getting showered with FoF procs. I get like 2 or 3 at best. Not to mention I have a hard time resetting it with Blizzard for some reason.
(message deleted)

SilentZed
2 months ago#20
GreatHammurabi posted...

I did mine a little differently. I used Lonely Winter and didn't use the Water Elemental at all, relying on my positioning to keep Karam coming through a Blizzard.

I didn't know Water Elemental could soak the runes - that was a major problem for me sometimes, as you could have some bad luck of a Rune being placed near Karam coming out of Purgatory. Had I known that, I probably would have had the challenge down in a fraction of the pulls I did.

Total pulls to get it down was around 20 for me.

The fight itself does stress the ability to kite - but more important than the kiting is your positioning of your blinks and making sure to lead the adds and Karam into where the hands are for maximum damage on them all and hitting them all with Blizzard. That helped in reducing the overall time I had to spend on the hands. One thing I am not entirely sure of is whether the hands were stun immune. I remember prioritizing the hands with Glacial Spike whenever I had it available and taking them out with almost no trouble.

As for add damage, It got to the point I was killing the adds too fast with Frozen Orb and Blizzard, and ended up having less and less CD reduction on Frozen Orb. This is one of the few challenges I would recommend at a lower ilevel, because outgearing it causes some problems that would not be present at a lower ilevel, i.e. adds staying alive longer since the number of them is not a danger to you and only helps to decreases your Frozen Orb CD with more ticks of Blizzard damage, and overall meant likely a ton less FoF procs I would have had if the adds had stayed alive to take damage from the Frozen Orb.

There's a ton of synergy that kind of goes out the window if a section of it falls off, like less adds which ended up making the fight a bit more difficult. There were times I had to manually cast Blizzard after Frost Novaing Karam just to kind of reset back into the groove of what you're supposed to be doing.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Need some serious help with "Closing the eye".

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived