How is there still so many people doing stranglethorn fishing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. How is there still so many people doing stranglethorn fishing?

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#11
If this game had more than a raid tier every 3 months I wouldn't play at all, because it would be impossible for me to keep up. 1 every six months would be ideal for me, but going without for a year being content drought and his reflex response is "WUT DO U NED A NEW READ EVRY WEK???" is hilarious. People get so funny here sometimes!
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: xcess

xcess
4 months ago#12
You finish heroic in 1 week so wont be hard to keep up

User Info: Aceron

Aceron
4 months ago#13
Joker_X_II posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
What do you want, a brand new raid tier every week?

Well, yes...

....isn't there millions upon millions of players, spending all their money on WoW tokens, and fancy store mounts, and pay2win battle pets, on top of their monthly subscription payments?

Shouldn't we be getting a 'raid tier every week'? Or more realistically, enough content released on a frequent basis, just a right amount between these content patches, so that 'content droughts' are a thing of the past?

Money doesn't magically transform into content. And WoD proved that just hiring more people doesn't make content faster either.
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#14
xcess posted...
You finish heroic in 1 week so wont be hard to keep up

Wouldn't be something I'd be willing to do every week with my free time. You're correct that if I wanted to, it wouldn't be an issue.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: DigitalDice

DigitalDice
4 months ago#15
Missiletainn posted...
When did they bring it back? I remember it being removed in order to redesign it to work with sharding, but I don’t remember its reimplementation.

They monkeyed with it to run along world quest style mechanics instead of the old per-server style. Last I heard, and keep in mind that it's been a while so this may be very outdated information, but it still does get buggy from time to time. Luckily, though, this is bugginess tends to result in more winners than expected.

Even with that, though, heirloom ring + salty title is enough to entice many people. Even if the fishing tournament ring does happen to be worse than normal drops would be in that slot.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
4 months ago#16
Joker_X_II posted...
Shouldn't we be getting a 'raid tier every week'?

Sure, if you want MC over and over. They said once that they built THAT in a week, which shows as nearly everything in there was existing models on existing tile sets.

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 months ago#17
You should still try. It could be xrealm phasing and your realm may not be represented.
Currently Playing: Zelda, Breath of the Wild (Master Mode)
Thoughts so Far: Amazing game, playing Master Mode now.

User Info: Nightbird_X

Nightbird_X
4 months ago#18
Dawnshadow posted...
Heirloom ring.

I went back to my dead old PvE realm. Got it in my second try.

Realm doesn't matter with Sharding now. L2p
CM Punk - BEST IN THE WORLD! -- http://i.imgur.com/SEj3OoR.gif
PSN: Butt_Spawn --- BT: Buttspawn#1880

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
4 months ago#19
Nightbird_X posted...
Dawnshadow posted...
Heirloom ring.

I went back to my dead old PvE realm. Got it in my second try.

Realm doesn't matter with Sharding now. L2p

Got it back when realm still mattered. First person on each server won, despite CRZ.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: VyersReaver

VyersReaver
4 months ago#20
DigitalDice posted...
Missiletainn posted...
When did they bring it back? I remember it being removed in order to redesign it to work with sharding, but I don’t remember its reimplementation.

They monkeyed with it to run along world quest style mechanics instead of the old per-server style. Last I heard, and keep in mind that it's been a while so this may be very outdated information, but it still does get buggy from time to time. Luckily, though, this is bugginess tends to result in more winners than expected.

Even with that, though, heirloom ring + salty title is enough to entice many people. Even if the fishing tournament ring does happen to be worse than normal drops would be in that slot.

Nothing is better than +5% experience earned.

Also, does the fishing skill matter in this competition? Or just sheer dumb luck and a bit of preparation?
3DS FC: 2423 - 4301 - 6207
Moon IGN: Safer
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. How is there still so many people doing stranglethorn fishing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived