venting and will probably delete when I wake up

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. venting and will probably delete when I wake up

User Info: Mr_Biscuit

Mr_Biscuit
7 months ago#11
Pancake posted...
i was in mistweaver spec a while ago, running maw of souls for the trink (play brewmaster) and of course i got a healer legendary. so i kinda get it.

Your “bad luck protection” is by spec, so getting that one won’t affect your time for the next brewmaster one.

Kyle901 posted...
The whole expansion has had so many loot related issues. There's no reason or excuse for this s*** to be so obtuse.

Yeah, it’s been an amazing expansion imo with a lot of great ideas, but between legendaries AND artifacts AND relics AND pantheon tribkets AND set bonuses AND AND AND it’s gotten pretty muddy on the gear side. Not surprised they’re stripping that part back for BFA.
https://www.bigplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_6703.jpg

User Info: Little Zardar

Little Zardar
7 months ago#12
GM couldn't help as expected but I'm over it by now anyway. Still 6+ months of this tier so I'll get it eventually.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Lightning/

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
7 months ago#13
Heftybags posted...
I'm a warrior and got a token for a lock legendary one of the only classes I don't play.

Is the system in effect right now? I didn't know that. I also didn't know that's how the legendary token system worked. I would have assumed it would have checked to see which classes you had at 110. Getting random legendaries for classes you don't have kind of seems like an oversight on their part.
"My drg has a fever, and the only cure is more piercer credit." - benjjjamin

User Info: Pokeymuns

Pokeymuns
7 months ago#14
SilentZed posted...
Heftybags posted...
I'm a warrior and got a token for a lock legendary one of the only classes I don't play.

Is the system in effect right now? I didn't know that. I also didn't know that's how the legendary token system worked. I would have assumed it would have checked to see which classes you had at 110. Getting random legendaries for classes you don't have kind of seems like an oversight on their part.

It's an evolved form of the issue where you can get timeless/dauntless/etc. BoA tokens for armor types that you don't have represented in your character roster.

If they give you a legendary token for a class you don't have, it (potentially) creates an urge to level up said class so as not to "waste" the token.
This means more time spent in game by that player (as well as another low level presence marginally improving the leveling experience for actual lowbies). Once that character hits Legion content, it grants a chunk of "new" class-specific content that the player can experience.
And then having that additional high-leveled character strengthens the player's investment/attachment to the game.
Alternatively it means Blizzard gets $60 from a boost purchase.

My reasoning could be entirely off -- maybe they will hotfix it somewhere down the line to respect which classes you actually have (perhaps checking for only those at 100+ or 101+, too).

User Info: DarkfireAxel

DarkfireAxel
7 months ago#15
Mr_Biscuit posted...
Pancake posted...
i was in mistweaver spec a while ago, running maw of souls for the trink (play brewmaster) and of course i got a healer legendary. so i kinda get it.

Your “bad luck protection” is by spec, so getting that one won’t affect your time for the next brewmaster one.

Kyle901 posted...
The whole expansion has had so many loot related issues. There's no reason or excuse for this s*** to be so obtuse.

Yeah, it’s been an amazing expansion imo with a lot of great ideas, but between legendaries AND artifacts AND relics AND pantheon tribkets AND set bonuses AND AND AND it’s gotten pretty muddy on the gear side. Not surprised they’re stripping that part back for BFA.

Are you sure it's spec-wise? Cause I used to play Guardian druid, had 3 legendaries. Swtiched to Balance for more than a month doing my s*** every day and I've yet to see one. I assumed it was 'cause I already had 3. Is it spec dependant?
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening.
But heed his lesson well, Arisen, for when the weak court death, they find it."

User Info: Aceron

Aceron
7 months ago#16
It is spec specific, but ones that aren't spec specific (like sephuz's secret) count against all specs.
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. venting and will probably delete when I wake up

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived