Fact : MoP only failed because of edgelords.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Fact : MoP only failed because of edgelords.

User Info: firehockey91

firehockey91
3 months ago#31
SilentZed posted...
Pirwzwhomper posted...
including pandas and monks.

I know it's just about opinion/preference, but people have been asking for Monk since Vanilla - it's a standard RPG class and people absolutely wanted it. Yes, it was paired with MoP, but it's likely we would have gotten Monk eventually - I just imagine folding it into the game to have some sort of lore significance would have been fairly difficult without something like MoP considering all other class additions were very relevant to their expansions.

And to piggyback off of this no one was ever forced to play pandaren. I really don’t get the attempts to use that as a legitimate complaint. Taking issue with the backdrop and setting of the expansion, initial lack of content, class changes maybe, and failure to patch in more dungeons is valid. Whining because you don’t like a new race isn’t. Personally I hate worgen. Armor looks awful on them and they don’t do anything special in my eyes. So guess what? I don’t have a single worgen character
3ds FC: 0748-2838-7275

User Info: Al-Uzza

Al-Uzza
3 months ago#32
Worgen are in desperate need of a model update, if not a completely redone one.

User Info: Pirwzwhomper

Pirwzwhomper
3 months ago#33
firehockey91 posted...
And to piggyback off of this no one was ever forced to play pandaren. I really don’t get the attempts to use that as a legitimate complaint.

I don't have to play them but I had to talk to a hundred of them to do quests, and I still have to see all the of the player pandas bouncing all over the place. Yes, I'm bitter.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg

User Info: SonicSoup

SonicSoup
3 months ago#34
If not being fond of pandaland makes me edgy then ok.

User Info: Vindris_SNH

Vindris_SNH
3 months ago#35
Imagine a gimmick failing.
glitteringfairy: Just build the damn wall
ThyCorndog: and how exactly will that stop the mexican space program from orbital dropping illegal immigrants?

User Info: Joker_X_II

Joker_X_II
3 months ago#36
redundancies posted...
Joker_X_II posted...
Edgelord? As opposed to pre-school, family-friendly, Kung Fu Panda? One extreme to another?

What's so family friendly about Anduin nearly getting killed by Garrosh, the assassination attempt on Vol'jin, the remnants of an Old God corrupting the very soil such that any negative emotions causes it to rise up, etc?

Saving face?

More like "Omg, massive players are leaving, they hate the Panda-theme, rewrite! REWRITE!....We must prove to players that WoW still has it's edge! Hurry!"...

...besides it's not like they could've told those stories without Panda-land either.

User Info: Arcane199

Arcane199
3 months ago#37
It was Garrosh.

Garrosh ruined everything he touched.

Coincidentally, he's also the master Edgelord of WoW.
---
The Catgirl Fondler 3 months ago#38
Arcane199 posted...
It was Garrosh.

Garrosh ruined everything he touched.

Coincidentally, he's also the master Edgelord of WoW.

Pretty much this.

I can map my decreased interest in WoW by how much Garrosh stuck around being a cancerous blight, culminating in me finally quitting the game with the announcement of Warlords. Turns out I was right to bail when I did too, as it ultimately ended up being the worst expansion in the game's history (to the extent that Legion and BFA still hasn't been enough to convince me to come back, not that either expansion is trying very hard).

I want to love WoW again, but Blizzard won't let me.
N/A

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 months ago#39
Sac! posted...
MoP didn't fail tho

User Info: firehockey91

firehockey91
3 months ago#40
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Sac! posted...
MoP didn't fail tho

Mists at launch had over 10 million subs.
At the end there was less than 7.

Over 30% decline is a failure in any industry. Content-wise, raid design and story telling might have been great but it was a let down by those metrics
3ds FC: 0748-2838-7275
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Fact : MoP only failed because of edgelords.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived