Serious question: do hardcore raiders find those obnoxious spam addons...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Serious question: do hardcore raiders find those obnoxious spam addons...

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
1 year ago#11
Mariofan_101 posted...
RJ1771 posted...
dubya_111 posted...
X interrupted lightning bolt!

So annoying.

To be fair, that one's so people don't double up on interrupts during fights where something has to be interrupted or everyone's going to take a s*** tone of damage/the target gets a huge heal/everyone gets stunned/etc. Kinda sucks when a bunch of people interrupt the same spell then there's no interrupt off cooldown for the next time that spell comes around.

The message comes after the interrupt so it's useless anyway.... It's not like it says "X is about to interrupt heal" before they do.

It announces the moment you hit the interrupt button, and interrupts are instant-casts. It lets everyone know "I just hit my button."

User Info: Mirido22

Mirido22
1 year ago#12
Usually, coordinated guilds or runs have interrupt macro's that state they interrupted a target and then they name who has the next interrupt.

"I Interrupted <Spell> X, use your interrupt next."
http://m.imgur.com/pgTE356
gamefaqsonmobile.gif

User Info: philsaccount

philsaccount
1 year ago#13
They always have been, are, and always will be utterly, utterly worthless. All they do is annoy all of the non-newbies. I remember back in Counter-strike (different game but bare with me) where n00bs would constantly say "I'm reloading!" or "I'm buying something" or "I'm throwing a flash-bang", all of which were blatantly obvious, none of which anyone gave a toss about .. apart from other newbies I suppose?

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
1 year ago#14
philsaccount posted...
They always have been, are, and always will be utterly, utterly worthless. All they do is annoy all of the non-newbies. I remember back in Counter-strike (different game but bare with me) where n00bs would constantly say "I'm reloading!" or "I'm buying something" or "I'm throwing a flash-bang", all of which were blatantly obvious, none of which anyone gave a toss about .. apart from other newbies I suppose?

Link your char saying Hi Gamefaqs. :) Curious about this person that still types newbies.

User Info: xGhostchantx

xGhostchantx
1 year ago#15
echo057 posted...
fattonygambino posted...
The idea is when these sort of defensives go off, it lets the healer know "hey I'm taking lots more damage during this period and might die" Likewise, if a healer uses one, the tank knows they are being taken care of since not every CD is as easy to see as life cocoon. From a DPS perspective, knowing who has interrupts available is VERY useful.

TL:DR yes

As a healer the above is true

Also interrupt calls are useful if you don't have comms/a solid order established.

User Info: Major Gamer

Major Gamer
1 year ago#16
Having an interrupt order? Good. Saying who is next in the interrupt order? Good. Only saying the thing was interrupted? Useless.
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
1 year ago#17
I love interrupt macros. In dungeons, they're fantastic for saying, "YO! THIS S*** CAN BE KICKED!" In raids, it's an easy way to start the organization of interrupts and tells you who cannot interrupt the next.
Tank macros are pretty dumb. They make more sense in the context of mythic dungeons, but in raids either make a weak aura or use voice. We really don't need to know that you're mitigating stuff you should already be mitigating. And, if you do need them, auras are better for actually having visuals to see CD's as they move.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
1 year ago#18
Interrupt macros are useful, but more so in a game like FFXIV which allows macro sounds. It's like an alarm going off that somebody interrupted, so you don't have to waste your CD. But without sound, it's freaking useless because most people don't read chat in the middle of battle. Now I'm not sure if WoW allows macro sounds. I never hear them, so I'm assuming not. For a dedicated guild group, it's best to assign people for interrupt order anyway, so no need for macros on that.
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 4GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Win 10 Pro

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 year ago#19
ChocoboMog123 posted...
I love interrupt macros. In dungeons, they're fantastic for saying, "YO! THIS S*** CAN BE KICKED!" In raids, it's an easy way to start the organization of interrupts and tells you who cannot interrupt the next.
Tank macros are pretty dumb. They make more sense in the context of mythic dungeons, but in raids either make a weak aura or use voice. We really don't need to know that you're mitigating stuff you should already be mitigating. And, if you do need them, auras are better for actually having visuals to see CD's as they move.

Pretty much all of this.

They serve a purpose, primarily in PuGs, when you're not going to be using a voip. But in most organized runs, you're not oging to need them, as mythic raids are pretty heavily scripted these days. You know, thanks to DBM, when a boss is going to do what, and your group will know "Okay, the Tank knows he's going to take spike damage now, he's going to pop one of his CDs to survive this".

On the other hand, in the rare occasions when a healer is asleep at the wheel, or otherwise preoccupied, and a tank starts to drop, suddenly using a CD that announces in chat that you've used it isn't going to be anywhere as effective in an organized group as someone on Dischord / Vent saying "Hey, I just wen't down, pop a CD Tank", "Sure thing, Healer, popping down, other Healer, keep me up", "Got it, I popped mine as well, get the other healer back up".

These moments generally need to be communicated in a way that a simple addon that screams "I POPPED A COOL DOWN" can't really do. They're not useless, and they do help to reinforce what's going on, but they don't do anything an organized raid team isn't already going to be able to do over a voip, or know is going to happen during a fight.

They were a LOT more useful back in the days of Classic through Wrath, where bosses were generally a bit more random in what they did, and in the aspect of Classic, you generally didn't have everyone in TS all screaming in the same channel at one another, and Raid Chat was always kept silent in game.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: Paperblade

Paperblade
1 year ago#20
RJ1771 posted...
Mariofan_101 posted...
RJ1771 posted...
dubya_111 posted...

So annoying.

To be fair, that one's so people don't double up on interrupts during fights where something has to be interrupted or everyone's going to take a s*** tone of damage/the target gets a huge heal/everyone gets stunned/etc. Kinda sucks when a bunch of people interrupt the same spell then there's no interrupt off cooldown for the next time that spell comes around.

The message comes after the interrupt so it's useless anyway.... It's not like it says "X is about to interrupt heal" before they do.

It announces the moment you hit the interrupt button, and interrupts are instant-casts. It lets everyone know "I just hit my button."

which doesn't help with overlapping interrupts, because the cast stopping lets you know

what usually happens for f***ups here is multiple people hitting it at the same time
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Serious question: do hardcore raiders find those obnoxious spam addons...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived