• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. "WoW unable to start 3D acceleration" drivers are updated, still getting error?

User Info: HarmfulHam

HarmfulHam
6 years ago#1
"WoW was unable to start up 3D acceleration. Please make sure DirectX9.0c is installed and your video drivers are up to date."

I keep getting this message every time I try and launch. I'm 99% sure the problem is with the new driver I installed earlier today, which is 310.70 - WHQL for my GeForce GTX 460. According to Nvidia, this driver was released on Dec. 17, 2012, so this couldn't be an issue of the driver being out of date.

Just in case that isn't the problem, I've attempted to reinstall DirectX, and I get a message telling me I already have the latest version, so there is no need to update. I've rebooted my computer, installed all available windows updates, attempted to launch the game in windowed mode, and done just about everything else I can think of to fix this, but nothing has worked. I'm completely out of ideas... can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!
Prepare for a sartorial display of wordsmanship, my good chum! Behold, as I express my contempt for your position with a witty reply! Have at thee!

User Info: Nightbird_X

Nightbird_X
6 years ago#2
If you're sure the driver is the problem, did you try reinstalling it, restarting after installing it, and using an older version?

I'm sure you have, hence why you said you're sure the driver is the problem.
I'm told I look a lot like Rory Macdonald - http://i46.tinypic.com/2eyf5sy.jpg
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012

User Info: HarmfulHam

HarmfulHam
6 years ago#3
I've reinstalled the driver, rebooted, and tried playing, but I get the same error message. If I were to download an older version, which one would I need to get? And wouldn't I have to update my drivers eventually? It seems like this problem would just come back to bite me in the ass later.
Prepare for a sartorial display of wordsmanship, my good chum! Behold, as I express my contempt for your position with a witty reply! Have at thee!

User Info: LORDDRAGON1995

LORDDRAGON1995
6 years ago#4
Enter WoW file, delete the Cache, reboot PC. Should make the trick
Scientia, Honor et Veritas

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
6 years ago#5
check for latest driver because a old driver can prevent something from working.

found out hard way after re-installing diablo 3.
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. "WoW unable to start 3D acceleration" drivers are updated, still getting error?
  • Topic Archived