• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What's WoW1 and WoW2 accounts in the BNet account?
th3warr1or 9 years ago#1
I got an email saying

"You've proven your valor in the battle for Sanctuary in Diablo® III. Now take your skills to Azeroth with a FREE digital copy of World of Warcraft® Battle Chest®, which includes 30 days of game time, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King® expansion packs."

Then there was a code there, which I entered into my BNet account (and it worked, so can't be a fake).

Now in my BNet account, under YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS > World of Warcraft, it says this:

World of Warcraft®: Battle Chest™
[WoW1] (Standard Edition)
Americas & Oceania (US)

World of Warcraft®
[WoW2](Starter Edition)
Americas & Oceania (US)

What's the difference in those two? When I click them to lead to different places.

WoW1 leads me to something that says Account Status, "Active" and with all that stuff and whatnot.

WoW2 leads me to this page that says I can upgrade online now and whatnot.
ryanell666 9 years ago#2
WoW2 is the "starter edition"....sort of the 1-20 F2P version

WoW1 is the full game itself.
Kokeii 9 years ago#3
It's for if you're starting a new WoW account. I don't know how that email tied in to D3, since I haven't played that terrible game in months, but perhaps someone tried to do a RAF or something with you?
th3warr1or 9 years ago#4
So if I have WoW1 and WoW2 both on the account, which one will the game select when I login for the first time?
MakeHate 9 years ago#5
basically just a 2nd WoW account. I got WoW2 when I bought the battlechest again when it was on sale a few weeks ago to RAF myself.
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
MakeHate 9 years ago#6
So if I have WoW1 and WoW2 both on the account, which one will the game select when I login for the first time?

You can select whichever when logging in. It gives you a dropdown menu.
"but you still have to use a keyboard which was made for word processing back in the early 90s with MSdos" -The_Big_Deek
Elaeus 9 years ago#7
I have a related question: Is there anyway to remove the starter edition from my b.net? It is pointless now since old raids will not require raid groups anymore.
"Walking this road without you to remake forgotten promises and meet you at road's end."
th3warr1or 9 years ago#8
MakeHate posted...
basically just a 2nd WoW account. I got WoW2 when I bought the battlechest again when it was on sale a few weeks ago to RAF myself.

What does RAFing yourself do?
Kokeii 9 years ago#9
th3warr1or posted...
MakeHate posted...

What does RAFing yourself do?

You can dual box and level your chars like 3x faster, as well as grant yourself levels from once account to the other. You also get a mount, and prob other perks.
BobTDonut 9 years ago#10
I have a related question: Is there anyway to remove the starter edition from my b.net? It is pointless now since old raids will not require raid groups anymore.

Log into your battle.net account and send a ticket from there to remove it. Don't do it in-game, but actually from your account page itself.
Leader of the Goblin Tea Party
FFBE War of the Visions guild - 65945705
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. What's WoW1 and WoW2 accounts in the BNet account?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A